Baby Names
Options

Calvin

sugarpixxie2sugarpixxie2 member
edited April 2017 in Baby Names
I loved the name Max, but now this baby just doesn't "feel" like a Max.  I keep going back to Calvin,  and I think I love it....but my 11 year old son's name is Caden and I'm wondering if it's too close.  Then,  to top it off, my 8 year old stepson's name is Caleb... which of course I took no part in naming him,  but Caden, Caleb, and Calvin looks like we're on our way to becoming the Duggar's and its honestly unintentional.  Also , my 9 year old daughter is Rihanna so then she gets left out of all the C names even though none of it was planned.  My name also starts with a C but dh starts with a P.  Is all this an issue, or wierd? Or not a big deal?  Be honest! Thanks! 

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Calvin

• Options
    Cricket99Cricket99 member
    edited April 2017
    I find Caleb and Caden closer than Calvin. I wouldn't sweat it because I love the name Calvin. 

ETA: because autocorrect sucks.
  • Options
    Lindsey1128Lindsey1128 member
    edited April 2017
    I personally love all three of those names and agree that Caden and Caleb sound more similar than Calvin does. :-) I wouldn't worry about it. If you love it, use it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't mind the name Calvin it's just not my style. I gag with the "all the same first initial" thing if its more than 2 kids because even if it wasnt planned it seems like it was.. but if you love it then just use it..
  • Options
    @leighry I definitely have that concern with the same letter names.  It's not my fault my stepson came in my life with a "c" name lol!    

I already feel like I have to explain my daughter's name sometimes , her name is Rihanna, and yes I got it from the singer but the singer was pretty much an unknown person. I had to go on my desktop computer 9 years ago and look up on my super slow desktop computer internet who was singing a song I heard on the radio. It was Rihanna and I thought it was a beautiful name but I didn't think it through that she might become super famous!

Married since 11/25/2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I like the name Calvin, but I agree that then the boys' names are all too similar. 

• Options
    I think Calvin is too similar to Caden, even before you add Caleb.  I'd go with another name. 
  • Options
    I like the name, but would find something that doesn't start with C.
  • Options
    I like the name, but would find something that doesn't start with C.
        I agree.....Do you like Malcom? 
  • Options
    sugarpixxie2sugarpixxie2 member
    edited April 2017
    I actually do. Let me bring it up to dh so he can shoot it down lol.

Add on : he doesn't like malcolm  :#

Married since 11/25/2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I wouldn't choose Calvin-- too close to Caleb and Caden. I would start over.