December 2017 Moms
Options

STM+ checkin Week of 4/19

How far along are you? 

How old are your other kids? Share their names if you'd like!
 Do you have any potential names for new LO yet that you would like to share?

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions/

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others? 
DH: 34 | Me: 35
DS1 9/24/13
DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
MFI (SA #1
Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
AMH .328 
| FSH 13.2 
Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
Planned on August 2017 transfer
**TW**
Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

Re: STM+ checkin Week of 4/19

• Options
    How far along are you? 5w 5d

emmalyn is 20 months 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  
    Just so worried about finances and how to be a good mom to two babies.

Just can't wait to experience it all again. 

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others? Haha. Book! Who is time to read? No really, we are taking standardized tests this week and being the teacher, I have to sit at my desk and stare at the wall or read a book. I'm reading Enrique's Journey. It's about an immigrant trying to come to America to find his mom. I'm and EL teacher so it's pulling at my heart strings. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    roughly 5.5-6wks. Hoping she will pinpoint at next US Friday 

Jameson is 3.5.  We have discussed names for new LO for two years. We have had a girls name for awhile but cannot agree on a boys name 

My current challenge is the doctor told me to stay off my feet right now as much as possible and not pick up anything heavy (experiencing spotting) so it's hard not to run around with DS or pick him up. It's actually breaking my heart a little bit. 

I just can't wait to see DS as a big brother. He has a big heart

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others? 

i love to read but honestly I can't remember the last book I've read.  I do enjoy a good Colleen Hoover book though. My goal this pregnancy is to read at least 2-3'books at some point.  The last movie I saw was Moana which I didn't love..but didn't hate either. The music was catchy. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4w 6 d

Do you have any potential names for new LO yet that you would like to share? DD Charlie is 15 months. DH and I have been talking names for months in anticipation and we really like Rory for a girl. Boy we like Grayson but are not set on that. 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  The only thing I am really concerned about is being a good mom to DD once baby #2 arrives. DD was an extremely needy baby so if the next is the same I feel I am going to feel the guilt. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : DH and I are VERY excited to give DD a sibling. I miss the newborn stage of constant snuggles!! 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions/ Is anyone planning on buying a second crib? I know it is a bit early to be buying furniture but I am thinking of implementing a Montessori style bedroom for DD (mattress on floor) to transition out of her crib and then giving the baby the crib. 

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others? DH and I just watched Patriot's Day this past weekend. It was a really great tribute to how Boston reacted and has healed from the marathon bombing. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? Still not sure, first US is on May 1st.  I'm somewhere around 6 weeks.

Do you have any potential names for new LO yet that you would like to share? If we have a boy, Benjamin.  Don't know about girl, maybe Evelyn.

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  Oh man, where do I begin??  I do want to get DD out of the crib early enough that she is used to a toddler bed before I have a newborn to focus on.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : Ummm, babies are always great! But really I am happy to watch DD become a big sister.

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others? I just re-read the Husband's Secret.  I recommend it.
  • Options
    @Marley629 I can relate with how hard it is now to be able to pick up your lo's. I had a pretty scary health scare in January that resulted in 2 stomach surgeries. I ended up having to wean my then 11m old and couldn't pick him up for 6 weeks after I got out of the hospital. I cried a lot during that time because I missed having my baby. He also learned to walk while I was hospitalized so it felt like I had missed so much. Hang in there momma! When you're able to do it again it'll be the best thing ever.

How far along are you?
    7w 2d

I love the name Micah for boy or girl but my DH isn't convinced that's a girls name (insert eyeroll) he's digging Arianna and Aileigha... both make me cringe a little.

My Zekerman is just super clingy and it wears me down pretty quick right now. I'm not sure he's going to adjust as well as his big brother did with the whole new baby thing.
    I was supposed to go in for a second beta draw today and my midwife messaged me and said that my HCG was so high it wasn't necessary!!! I cried when I got her message. I was so happy!

I keep dreaming it's twins. I know twins are 'the thing' to think you're having when you first find out and I am really ok with having a singleton so these dreams are throwing me for a loop.

Hm my last book was Rick Riordons Percy Jackson Greek Gods. It was funny and really entertaining. I think kids who are studying Greek mythology would have a great time reading it and learn a bit too.
    As for movie my last two were Power Rangers (hubbys choice) it was good but nothing like my childhood memories of the show and Beauty and the Beast. OMG if you have any love for Disney seriously see that movie. I actually cried during it. I thought they did a fantastic job creating a live action version.
  • Options
    How far along are you? Based on LMP I'm a little over 4 weeks. This is by far the earliest I've ever got a BFP. I had the first positive 6 days before my missed period. I'm excited to have an ultrasound to see if I'm right! 

How old are your other kids? Share their names if you'd like! Do you have any potential names for new LO yet that you would like to share
    ? Finlee is 5 and Rhett is 2. Their dad gets to name this baby and he's always liked the name Winnie for a girl and Jude or Michael for a boy. I will spend the next 9 months trying to change his mind lol.

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  My kids are both wild so I'm anxious to think about them being around a tiny babe. Rhett is at the tail end of potty training and he's great at home about it but he holds everything in at daycare so we're working through that.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : I am excited to add to my crazy little crew. 

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others? I'm that weird person who will read Harry Potter books over and over. My daughter likes the books so usually I read them to her. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 5w1d

How old are your other kids? Share their names if you'd like! Do you have any potential names for new LO yet that you would like to share?
    DS is 13 months. If this LO is a boy he will most likely be James Allan (family name). Jury is out on girl names, but we won't worry about that until we need to.

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now? DS is teething and trying to cut his top two so it's been a rough few days. He is generally a very chill kid and has ben STTN, but he's been pretty unpredictable lately so that's been rough on everyone. Poor kiddo they're right there they just won't make their final descent.  

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: Just your general excitement about LO becoming a big bro. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: Anyone still BFing or breastfed through a previous pregnancy? We're down to just morning and night for the most part. I enjoy it and don't mind it so I am not in a hurry to quit but I am wondering how long that opinion will last...

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others? I am working my way through the Game of Thrones book. I most recently finished A Feast of Crows. It was by far the hardest one to get through, but I am looking forward to the next one. I saw Get Out in theaters and it was really well done so I would recommend that for sure.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    How far along are you?   5 weeks

Do you have any potential names for new LO yet that you would like to share?    DD is turning 4 next month!  <3  No name ideas yet but we always keep those to ourselves once we know until the baby is born.  

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?    Just wondering how we will handle DD while in the hospital.  Like I want her there for some of it but don't want to scare her or knock her off her schedule.  Maybe I will ask my sister to keep her at our house near the hospital and bring her when I want her.  

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM :   Just looking forward to it!

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions/  Was looking over my maternity leave stuff today.  I get 5 weeks paid at 100% which is great.  And then the rest of the time is 80% and I will need to use my leave to make up the rest.  Just need to calculate it all out to make sure I have enough!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Together since May 19, 2001

Baby #1 was born in May 2013.

Baby #2 was born in December 2017.

• Options
    Okay ladies, we need more INTERACTION on this board and less 'post and ghost' just sharing about ourselves!

@dkizz82 man standardized testing does not sound fun for anyone... students or teachers!
    @Marley629 I think my pet peeve is when doctors tell parents they can't pick up their young children... I mean I know they have your best interests at heart, but like... Ugh how do you not?! At least your DS is a little older, but still! It must be SO hard!
    @lablover920 I love your screen name! Are those your dogs in your profile picture? They are so cute! I have a 9 year old chocolate lab who is both DS's best friend and worst enemy haha
    @jlemons-2 How old is your DD? I have absolutely NO interest in getting DS out of his crib (he's only 15 months, will be 22-23 months when the new baby comes). Keep him CONTAINED hahaha
    @missbmama OMG I could not imagine not being able to pick up my 11m old! That must have been awful!
    @speach13 you're very brave putting the baby name into DH's hands... I don't think I could handle that!
    @flowerpower5838 I am still BFing DS! I haven't had experience of BF in pregnancy though, I'll be interested to hear if anyone else has any experience. I feel like my milk supply tanked the day I got my BFP  :/  I've been eating nutritional yeast and brewers yeast like crazy trying to get it back! How is your supply keeping up? 
    @mrsorigami where do you live? 100% pay for 5 weeks is impressive!

How far along are you?
    5w5d according to O day

Do you have any potential names for new LO yet that you would like to share? DS is nearly 15 months, I have a few names floating around in my head for  the baby, but I know DH won't even discuss it until we know the sex, so I'll just leave it at that for now lol

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  Today? DS has some sort of virus and is being a total asshole (irritable, whatever) and my exhausted pregnant self is OVER it. I mean, yes, I'm sorry he's feeling crappy, but if ANYTHING I did helped with him being miserable, I might be a little more inclined to help, but I cuddle him, he whines, I put him down he whines, and there's only so much walking around with him on my hip I can do! I don't mean to seem ungrateful, but yesterday was the same and it's just been one of those weeks... UGH! He can get over this illness ANY day now!

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I LOVED being pregnant with DS, and though I don't really FEEL pregnant yet, I'm excited to do it all over again

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions/ building on @flowerpower5838 has anyone BF in pregnancy and had trouble with milk supply? DS is getting mad when BFing because there just isn't as much milk as he's used to. I don't want to wean him yet, so I'm hoping for positive stories!

DH and I watched Goon the other day, it was funny for the most part, but the ending was stupid. I was over all the fighting a bloody faces by the end. I guess I should have known since that's basically the premise of the movie, but yknow, I had high hopes haha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @kvacmak I agree with stepping up the interaction! I really wish I could enjoy pregnancy more so I'm internet high fiving you at the moment for loving pregnancy and being excited. And I hope your lo starts feeling better. I seriously have days when I have to check my brain out completely or I'll lose my mind when my boys are sick and whiney! 
  • Options

@kvacmak We intro'd milk last month and I stopped pumping at work. **TW since my BFP in November that ended in MC /TW** my supply was down quite a bit and we burned through my freezer stash. I did the calculations and knew that we'd be in a deficit just as he was turning one so even though I didn't want to do milk so soon, I was going to have to supplement anyway because I wasn't pumping enough during the day. He seems satisfied now, but he's only nursing 2-3 times a day, with a bottle or two of whole milk in there as well. My only advice is to CHUG water and maybe add in a Gatorade each day. That usually was the only tried and true thing that helped me when I was having supply issues.

Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    7w 1d

My daughter, Wilder, is 11 months old.
    We have a longgg list of potential girl names, but we are having the hardest time thinking of boy names! Before we found out DD was a girl, "Wilder" was the only name on our boy list. But we loved it so much, and at the time we weren't sure if we'd ever become pregnant again, so we decided to use it for DD. 

I just finished rocking and nursing DD to sleep and realized that when baby comes, moments like that likely won't happen very often anymore.. and it kind of broke my heart a little bit. Also dreading having to wean her in a few months, so part of me hopes that she just naturally decides to wean herself.

We had an Easter gathering this past weekend and DD was THRILLED when she saw so many kids running and playing around her, which made me even more excited to watch her become a big sister! 

I find myself feeling WAY more paranoid and anxious this time around.. I am so scared I will somehow overdo it as I'm running after & lifting DD. Also, I'm SO over this one-cup-of-coffee-a-day thing. 

We don't really watch movies too often.. we prefer binge watching shows on netflix. We just finished the new season of Downtown Abbey. 
  • Options
    @bkrahn Oh man I feel you, bedtime is my favourite and I have no idea how I'm going to do it with two! And the one coffee a day? Ugh. The worst. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4wks2days

Do you have any potential names for new LO yet that you would like to share?  the twins turn two this week!

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?   just balancing their emotional needs. DD is teething and so is way more clingy than usual and if one twin is snuggling the other wants to... so how to fit a third into the mix... hopefully since they will be a little older it won't be so bad.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : we are so excited about adding on and just happy to finally be here. 

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others?  a couple of clive custler books. they are easy reads and books that you can put down and come back to with out getting lost.

@flowerpower5838 and @kvacmak  I had to wean the twins to start fertility treatments but I have heard that is common for nursing to be more painful during pregnancy, for some mommas it improves and others not. The same for milk supply, that its not uncommon for it to decrease or even dry up while pregnant. I would push the hydration and maybe some lactation cookies? GL ladies
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @Marley629 Ugh, we have the same problem. We have no clue on boys names and we've been discussing them since I was pregnant with DD. We have another girl's name locked down, but I'm seriously worried about what we'll do if it's a boy.

@lablover920 We're borrowing a second crib from some friends who are done having kids. DD will be 23 months when this baby comes, but we're moving in with my parents and her bedroom will have another bed in it that my niece sleeps in when she stays with my parents. The new baby and my husband and I will have a separate living space, where the second crib will be. We're doing this to save some extra money so we can buy sooner and while I'd love to do a Montessori room for DD, it'll have to wait until we're in our own home. If we were in our own home, I'd totally do it for her by the time baby comes home. I love the idea of it!

@jlemons-2 I love the name Evelyn! It's sweet, but it ages well. My daughter is Evangeline, nickname is Evy.

@missbmama I've been meaning to read the Percy Jackson books for yeeeears, but there's always something else that pops up. I know I'll cruise through them so fast, I should just get on that.

@flowerpower5838 I feel your pain. DD is FINALLY teething (first tooth popped through two days before she turned 15 months). She's STTN, with a couple whimpery wake ups, but she's been good about going right back down. I feel so bad for her! Especially since she just got her chicken pox shot and her tiny body is dealing with teething and the active virus. 

@kvacmak DD is super irritable from her shots on Monday and I'm just over it. I have no patience RN. And she keeps stealing my goldfish! :D  They're the only thing helping my nausea! 

How far along are you? 7 weeks

Do you have any potential names for new LO yet that you would like to share? Evangeline is 15 months old. If we have another girl, we'll name her Wilhelmina. God help us with boy names. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : My husband and I were just talking about how much being parents has improved our lives. Some people struggle with their relationship when they bring a new baby home, but it just made our bond so much stronger. We had a great life together before DD, but everything feels better with her around. We can't wait to see what having another LO around will be like!

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others? I just read The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper and I totally recommend it if you're into dark, eerie books. I really enjoyed it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kvacmak  I'm in Virginia and my benefits are through the state.  The 5 weeks at 100% are only for a certain length of employment, though, so I could actually get more if I was here longer, or less if less time here.  Next year will be 10 years for me!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Together since May 19, 2001

Baby #1 was born in May 2013.

Baby #2 was born in December 2017.

• Options
    How far along are you? 6-7ish weeks! 

Ezekiel (18mo)

Do you have any potential names for new LO yet that you would like to share? Girl: Zoe or Elyse. Boy: ...... no clue! (Like @Marley629 and @vvitchhazel ) We had a couple other boy names last pregnancy but now I'm not sure I like them anymore!? 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now? I'm thinking about transitioning Zeke to a "big boy bed" soon and like many of you, I really like the idea of a Montessori bed. Has anyone done this successfully and can speak to the experience?? His room is pretty safe already but I feel like this change would require me to up my toddler proofing efforts quite a bit!

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : Zeke has been growing and learning so much lately and is becoming such a good helper! He is already good at being "gentle" with our animals and I'm really looking forward to him having a sibling to love.

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions/: My cousin announced that she is having a baby girl this October! We still haven't told anyone in the family our news yet but I'm really excited that my cousin who lives nearby will be pregnant at the same time!

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others? I'm reading "Uninvited" by Lysa Terkeurst because several friends recommended it. It's basically about finding worth and wholeness in God despite feeling unloved, uninvited, or just relationally broken. It's interesting - not the most exciting book (I like fiction soooo much more) but it has some great takeaways if you are into biblical advice.

I'm going to try to respond to posts later (maybe not from mobile) because it's so hard to scroll and tag and track so many different convos from my phone. I LOVE hearing what everyone is reading and suggesting and commiserating about struggles of becoming/being a STM. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @kvacmak They are lab mixes-both rescues from Mississippi. Bentley is 6 and Hank is 4. Hank acts like DD's mom where as Bentley is more I'm here to protect you kid but don't touch me haha!! 

@vvitchhazel That is awesome that you are able to stay with your parents for the time being while you save up some money! Buying a house and having two kiddos is not fun for the wallet!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5w4d

No current names picked out. We had Claire and Caroline picked out if the boys would of been girls, but they weren't and they didn't get named for three days because we couldn't decide on boy names.  Their names are Clay & Cohen. Hoping for a girl, because I feel they are much easier to name! lol. 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  No idea how we are going to get anything done with two 18 months old and a newborn.  

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : My boys are such happy little guys, I really hope this one has the same temperament. :)

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions/ Not at the moment. 

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others? Haven't read a book in ages. Just finished watching Harley & The Davidsons (A mini series) that is available on Prime. That was pretty good!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5w2d

Do you have any potential names for new LO yet that you would like to share? Levi is 5, Case is 3, no clue on names for LO 3.0

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  Sleep. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : just happy to be adding another one

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions/ none yet

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others?  I took my boys to see Beauty in the Beast. Loved it
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    I am currently 7 weeks and 3 days.

I have three girls. Sicilly Lynn, 7. Grace Abrielle, 4. Natalie Bay, 3.
    Our boy name is Cannon Tyler, and our girl name is Jane. middle name not yet decided.

This is our 4th and last baby, so there's definitely a lot of "lasts" involved with this journey. Don't get me wrong, I'm very confident in our decision to not have any more kids. But I can't help but feel a little bit sad knowing this is the last time I will feel life inside my womb.
    But then there's also the fear that comes with having 4 past miscarriages, and it definitely stops me from being able to relax and enjoy this moment.

My husband is thrilled, which is fun to see. I've been babysitting my neighbors infant on occasion to gage how my kids will be around a baby. Obviously it's not exactly the same as how it would be when LO is here, but it gives me some insight to my kids feelings toward babies. They're absolutely adorable with the baby which gives me peace of mind, and it's fun to watch them be big helpers.

DH spilled the beans to my MIL, and I was so pissed because I had this adorable pregnancy announcement all planned out. And since it's our last baby I couldn't help but feel robbed of that fun moment of seeing the look of joy and happiness on her face. Ugh. I seriously wanted to fart on his pillow for that.

The last movie I watched was a documentary. Human (2016). It was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend it. Cinematography was outstanding. It's a compilation of people from around the world giving short little testimonies of their lives. Things like what does happiness mean to you, what does hate mean, what was your greatest success, greatest failure... etc. Absolutely beautiful film.
  • Options
    @eazybreezy225 what was your announcement going to be. I am currently trying to decide what to do to tell our parents. I want to wait until 8-10 weeks so I have a bit of time to plan. Last time i just told my mom but this time I'd like to do something cute! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @tmk0325 set the bar low! clean diapers, food the the belly and cloths if its cold...  MOM can do anything! oh and babywearing but you'll get the important stuff done and the rest can wait!

@easybreezy225 sorry DH stole your thunder. I get it when its your last one. The one will also be our last and I'm trying so hard to saver it.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @lablover920
    I can't take total credit for this because I am pretty sure I saw it on an episode of Family Home Videos...
    But i wanted to be super subtle. MIL has 21 grandchildren (for real). On Mother's day next month she is coming over for our annual breakfast. I was going to get a card and say "Happy Mother's Day, you are such a wonderful mother to us and an amazing grandma to your 22 grandchildren"
    Then once she gets it, give her a photo that DH and I were going to recreate  (I'm a photographer )
    ... which I'd totally attach to this post but I am on mobile and the app won't let me. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    6 weeks today according to LMP

My daughter is almost 13 months old. No names picked yet!

Super worried about handling everything. My husband and I are both in school, finances are tight, and my daughter had some medical issues when she was born requiring extensive surgery. I feel like we've just now got the hang of everything only to be thrown a new precious curveball.

Unexpected but awesome. I'm super excited for my daughter to have a sibling. I have three and its a special friendship/relationship. 

This pregnancy is freaking me out completely because it is nothing like my previous 2. I am not sick, I am starving. No breast pain, no constipation (TMI, I know). I'm basically a really tired, hot-flashy version of myself. 

Woman in Gold on Netflix! So good! 
  • Options
    stacylynnnstacylynnn member
    edited April 2017
    Marley629- I also can't wait to see my LO become a big brother.  I imagine he will really love it, fingers crossed.
    tmk0325- I am also hoping this one has a similar tempermant to my first.  He is such a pleasure to be around.  My cousin's second is a lot harder than her first so I know that it doesn't always work out that way, but hoping maybe I will handle it well if it does.

How far along are you? 
    5wks 3 days

Lars is 21 months.  Right now, for a girl I really like Rae.  Hubby seems to be on board with that one.  For a boy, I like Axel but am not at all set on it, yes I know Lars and Axel would be total cliche but they are both popular names in the Netherlands so I think they go together well, although we have no family history in the area.

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  I get concerned about the logistics of caring for a busy toddler and nursing a little one at the same time.  Wondering how I will do what I do now but with a baby at the breast.  I hope it works.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : So excited to experience a little baby again.  It was such a joy to meet Lars and watch him grow up.  I feel so blessed to get to do it again.

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others? I listen to audio books during by commute home from work.  I just finished a book called Behind Her Eyes.  It was great, surprise ending.  
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    4+6

Sydney is almost 11 months (she turns 1 on 5/29)
    If this one is a boy, Jackson Elliot, girl, Lindsay Jordan.

Syd is at the age/development where she HAS to be doing something, has to be mobile, and she's fighting her naps like its going to kill her. So by the time DH gets home (lately its been less than an hour before bedtime), I'm exhausted, I want 15 minutes to myself, but I can't because I have to make dinner and do bedtime.

Im beyond excited!! My sister and I are 7 years apart and we fought all the time when we were younger, so I'm glad that my babies will be close in age.

Rant- DH works too late. Rave- With DD, I was pregnant mainly during spring, so I'm so excited to get the cute summery/fall clothes lol. Although living in Southern California, we don't have real seasons..

Last book was probably a french cookbook. Last movie, I can't even remember. We don't get out much. haha. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5.5ish w

DD  is 8.5 months
    For a boy, he'll be Henry, after my husband, who is the 4th in his family with that name, but we'll call him by a nickname--considering Quint, since he'll be the 5th!
    If it's a girl, I almost named our DD Rosalie, and I still really love it. DH wasn't completely sold on it, but this time I may over-rule him

Had to start adding a little formula to DD's bottles. @flowerpower5838 & @kvacmak , sorry to report my supply is also down. I can't pump enough for her bottles the next day (can pump maybe 2/3 of what she needs) and she seems to get frustrated at the breast, too. So, we started putting in a little formula to get her used to the taste before my freezer stash runs out. She doesn't like it straight up yet, but mixed into breastmilk or into her cereal or food, she's ok with. It makes me sad and feeling guilty about this new LO coming into our lives when dd is still so little. Trying to get over it. Fed is best

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : Can't wait to hold my tiny baby! DD is getting so big

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions/ @missbmama I have also been having a "twins" feeling! I think b/c our good friends are pregnant with twins right now, plus my dad was a twin, plus I kinda want DD to have a brother AND a sister and I think this is our last pregnancy. But then I come to my senses and thing about having 3 under 2 and it just seems insane. 

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others? I'm reading Hidden Figures, but it's drier than I expected. I hope the movie is better. Last movie we watched was Suicide Squad, which was better than I expected because my expectations were so low!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @ilikestars089 We did Montessori with my first born. The funny thing is that I didn't know anything about Montessori at the time. I just let my son kind of guide me. By about one year he was crawling up our stairs and trying to put himself to bed so my DH and I just decided one day to ditch the crib and laid his toddler mattress on the floor. After we did that, we realized he loved to go up there and play by himself so we moved out stuff I thought might hurt him, covered all of the outlets and took his door off. We put up a swinging baby gate for a way to close him in there and that's how he slept from 12m on. He'll be 4 in June and still enjoys the freedom he has of going to his room and being alone. My second (also Ezekiel!) is a bit different and I'm dragging my feet with moving him to a toddler mattress lol. He just seems to get himself into trouble more that my first lol.
  • Options
    @missbmama cool! That's awesome that it worked so well. I really like the baby gate idea. My Zeke is soooo stubborn so I'm not sure how he'll do with any type of change haha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
     I also was thinking about our P & G problem.  Part of it for me is that it is all so new so I am still getting to know everyone and also I am in shock about actually being pregnant!

@lablover920 I also worry about the baby time in the beginning.  DD was so needy and it was fine then because she was the only one.  Now I know somethings may have to change.
    @kvacmak DD is almost 19 months old.  I just know it needs to happen eventually so I should have her out before baby.  I have heard all the stories of toddlers wandering around in the middle of the night.  UGH. 
    @bkrahn I love the name Wilder!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    4weeks, 5 days

Autumn is 21 months!

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  My first is still breastfeeding all day every day so I'm not sure how or when she is going to wean! I'm afraid I'm going to be completely over it soon once I get a little farther along. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : I am just so excited for Autumn to be a big sister. She needs a sibling. Lol. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions
    n/a

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others? Oh gosh, is it bad that I can't remember the answer to either. #momlife
  • Options
    Does anyone know if their hospital offers the Harmony test? Last time I had the first trimester screening done and plan to do some screening this time as well. The Harmony tells you the sex so I obviously would prefer to do that since I want to do the screening anyways. Just not sure if you *have* to be high risk or over 35? Anyone have experience with this?? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    6 w 6d

DD will be 3 in July and her name is Amelia

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  I am just so exhausted that it's hard to keep up with my daughter. I remember being able to come home from work when I was pregnant with her, and just napping, laying around on weekends without anything to do....I feel sorry for her. I have no energy to do anything. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM :  This was almost a 2 year struggle to get pregnant so I am just SO happy to be able to give her a sibling, even if they will be further apart than I had hoped. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions/ . Diclegis is AMAZING. Go get some immediately if you have morning sickness. 

GTKY:  What was the last book you read or movie you saw? Would you recommend to others?  I saw Manchester by the Sea and thought it was sooooooo boring (and depressing). I couldn't finish it. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    5w2d
     We have one DS Aiden who is 2. Our new LO will either be Liam Parker or Liam Maddox. If our LO is a little girl she will be Ava Blair. 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  Starting to get very sleepy, so we are mostly lounging on the couch or or taking short walks outside. 

We are completely shocked, we had been trying seriously for a year and took some time off from charting. So we are so excited about adding another LO.

The last book I read was, The Lion king to my DS. Not sure if that counts.
  • Options
    @tmk0325
    @stacylynnn
    I am also thinking about the new baby's temperament. DD has been a fairly easy baby, and I'm worried this one will be a nightmare. Hopefully baby will take after big sis!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @cait5413 that my biggest fear. I've had it so easy with my DD that I'm so scared I'm going to have a horrible second child
    Beautiful Baby Girl Amelia Marie
    Born May 25, 2016
    Angel Baby January 20th, 2017
    Baby #2 Due December 6th 2017
  • Options
    That's my fear too! My daughter has always STTN, she's a happy baby who is so good at independent play (aka mama relaxation time), no gas or reflux, and we never had any issues with BFing or transitioning to solids... I fear that the next one will be a hassle!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@lablover920 My OB's office offered it at 10 weeks, although we declined.

@cait5413 YES same. It really doesn't help that everyone says "Oh DS is so easy you're next one is bound to be a handful!" I know that is not obviously tried and true science lol but it still makes me nervous.

Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    @tmk0325 @cait5413 @drablnd @stacylynnn Saaammmee... I keep thinking this baby business is easy, but that makes me think that just THIS baby is easy, and the next is going to be a nightmare  :D