High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

opinions needed on delicate situation

I'm 7 weeks 4 days and have two older children. My first child was full term. My last child was born at 23 weeks 6 days. It was a long very difficult road. We were extremely fortunate to have walked away with no repurcussions of an early birth. No one knows why, and I did not follow classical incompetent cervix presentation. Maybe incompetent cervix, maybe an infection, maybe the baby implanted too close to cervix and caused irritation.  We met with perinatologist who gave us a 70% chance of delivering this baby between 16 and 24 weeks. That's extremely terrifying. A delivery at that time would most certainly not live, and my school age children would know and be aware. I am so torn on what to do, and spend most of the day in tears. I want another child so badly. But do I go on with this pregnancy at the expense of my current children? 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: opinions needed on delicate situation

• Options
    Where did he get that statistic from?  Have you posted this question on the preemie board? I had a 33w last time, PPROM, no explanation, so my doc has me on antibiotics and then I'll probably start progesterone in a few weeks. I know there is an increased chance for another prem baby but I don't know why, especially with no explanation as to why your other was prem, they would give you such high odds
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis