May 2017 Moms

TMI Tuesday

KMD1106KMD1106 member
edited April 2017 in May 2017 Moms
This far along, nothing is really TMI! 

(ETA: Anyone else unable to add pics or gifs?)

May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: TMI Tuesday

• Loading the player...
  • @starphish18 I did that yesterday for my appt today. I decided from now on grooming is a two person deal and made DH help me. It's definitely a turning point in the relationship but I was glad he didn't mind. 
  • Ditto to the increase in discharge and diarrhea lately. 

FWIW, I never noticed losing my mucous plug during my first pregnancy and I never leaked colostrum either....which has been the same for this pregnancy so far. I ended up having oversupply with enough milk for 4 babies (said the LC) just a couple days after DD1 was born.

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)

• AND still absolutely no colostrum - which I know is normal, but it makes me slightly anxious that I'll never make BM!

I have been worrying about this too.

I spent 45 mins in the bathroom last night with horrible diarrhea but afterwards I slept for 7 hours straight. I thought it was a pretty good price to pay for sleep. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I totally didn't do any grooming for my appointment today...yep I don't care lol that's too much work! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Ditto on the nipples. DD keeps pointing them out everytime I change or shower in front of her. Yes kid, I know. I did managed to get her to become aware that she has tiny ones?  :D

• pshaortao said:
    Ditto on the nipples. DD keeps pointing them out everytime I change or shower in front of her. Yes kid, I know. I did managed to get her to become aware that she has tiny ones?  :D
    Oh man this has totally happened at our house too. And I've stopped changing in front of DD1 because at 5 she just has too many questions. I'm not at all excited about all the questions that are going to happen when I'm breastfeeding. 
    When she was little it was just pure curiosity of what was going on under that cover for the first couple of weeks and then she got over it, now she's 5 and her curiosity level is through the roof. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • OMG the discharge. Going through more liners than I have ever used in my life. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • For those in the big nipple/areola club, do they go back to "normal" eventually?
    Right there with you @RedInLove.
    Sorry to hear about your cold @PartiallyDomesticated!
  • @jayandaplus My nipples and areolas got big, dark, and hard during my first pregnancy. They did definitely eventually go down back to normal. They're all wonky again, but I'm sure they'll go back again. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • @jayandaplus they do eventually go back to normal! I had completely forgotten about it from last pregnancy. 

• @ShadeofGreen816 I didn't think I was making colestrum either but then I expressed some myself which I know I shouldn't be doing but it was causing me anxiety. Also my boobs have barely changed during pregnancy and my nipples are borderline flat so not being able to BF has caused me some anxiety too.

• @chocolatelemons there are things you can use to help bf-ing if you have flat nips. It's either a nipple shield or a breast shield I forget which is which. It basically is a soft silicone nipple extender. I ended up wearing one my entire time bf-ing because DD was lazy and a regular latch was "too had" for her (eye roll - at least it is my opinion she thought it was too hard). 

I guess my point is don't worry about it until there's something to worry about. And if you are worried, see an LC right away :) good luck!
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @chocolatelemons: ditto what PP Ilena said. The nipple shield was a lifesaver when I began nursing my son. Once upon a time, I had a kinda inverted nipple and it was taken care of; also my son had the strongest suckle ever and the shield was an extra barrier. Don't worry about purchasing one now. The nurses in the hospital gave me one on day one. Then when I saw the LC the next day, she offered a different size, so I suggest having a pro help you with sizing. Most people use a medium but other sizes are available. Try not to stress: women with flatter nips breastfeed successfully!
  • edited April 2017
    @SKZW @llenadevida900 Thanks- that does make me feel better. I've heard of the nipple shield, but haven't done much research. I'll definitely wait until my son makes his appearance so I can consult with the LC at the hospital.
    @SKZW - so you started off with one, but then didn't need it? That's really good to know.  
  • SKZWSKZW member
    No, sorry if I was unclear. I did use the nipple shield, starting when he was born, and honestly for quite a few months from that point on. I think the recommendation is to use it for just a month or two, but I nursed him for like 10 months, still using it, so...
  • @ShadeofGreen816 - was just able to express colostrum at 38 weeks. I don't remember being able to express before birth with my first though. It still worked out. Your body knows what to do!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Ugh I don't think the tacos we made last night are agreeing with me...why did I eat leftovers for lunch today?  :s

• @RedInLove I have totally had it with the discharge. I keep going through liners as well!
  • Me too! @hp_momma