2nd Trimester
Options

Will they keep the gender results separate from the free-cell DNA test?

We are 12 weeks along and will be taking the free-cell test soon. We want to find out the sex but want the results to be kept secret until our reveal in a couple weeks. Will they keep the gender from the final results but send them another way that can be kept secret? We of course want the results of the other screens in the test right away. Thanks!

Re: Will they keep the gender results separate from the free-cell DNA test?

• Options
    A friend of mine requested to find out the sex with this test and the sex was indicated on the report they received.  
  • Options
    mlitt said:
    We are 12 weeks along and will be taking the free-cell test soon. We want to find out the sex but want the results to be kept secret until our reveal in a couple weeks. Will they keep the gender from the final results but send them another way that can be kept secret? We of course want the results of the other screens in the test right away. Thanks!
    That's something you have to request when you have the tests done. Every doctor's office is different. So you best option is to let them know you'd like them to keep the gender secret until later.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My doctor's office just uploads the results page they receive from the lab directly to the online portal.  If you have requested to know the sex, it will be in plain view on the results page.  However, they do also call you to tell you the results.  So if you wanted to know just the genetic test results, you could ignore the uploaded results on the patient portal and just tell the nurse when she calls to not mention it to you when she tells you the other results I guess.

I'd second asking your doctor's office what they do to work around this.  I doubt that the labs would separate the actual results, so perhaps if your office would normally upload the results from the lab, they can skip that step if you ask them to and just call with the results instead.