Trouble TTC

back much sooner than I had hoped (re-introduction: ****TW recent late term loss****

edited April 2017 in Trouble TTC
hello ... My name is Cyndie I am 35 years old... I was here awhile back however I don't know how many here remember me. DH & I spent many years NTNP and finally got serious about TTC April 2016....

**TW**
we got our BFP 01/01/2017  and were so excited... unfortunately at our Anatomy Scan last week we found my cervix had opened 3 cm and and after performing an amnio found an infection had set in the amniotic fluid.... due to the infection my high risk OB would not place a cerclage. My options were to either induce (we were 19 weeks 1 day along) knowing my son would not make it, or let it go knowing it would happen on it's own eventually however he advised the infection was severe and doing this would most likely lead to me losing my uterus. We induced that night, the most painful experience mentally, emotionally and physically I have ever been through. Our son Alexander was born, we spent some time with him and we will be having him cremated 

DH immediately said he wanted to try again as soon as it is safe for me to physically... this all just happened 04/13 so of course we aren't actively trying yet (probably won't be cleared for sex for a few more weeks) but i'm trying to do as much as i can to preplan now. 

when we got our BFP we had actually been taking a break from TTC- we had done an HSG 3 months prior and were planning on starting IUI's with injectables, 

I plan on going back to the same RE i was seeing because I loved her, asking her to repeat the HSG to make sure nothing during all this has damaged my tubes and then moving forward with the IUIs w/ injectables .... I do worry about my age... i'm 35 and will be 36 in November but i'm hoping we can be successful again and this time carry to term
Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: back much sooner than I had hoped (re-introduction: ****TW recent late term loss****

• I'm so incredibly sorry that you find yourself back here again and for your loss. I wish I had words to lessen the pain you are feeling right now. I'm the same age as you and when I start to panic about my age I keep reminding myself there are plenty of women older than me that have crossed the finish line successfully. Try not to worry too much about it and just focus on next steps (I know easier said than done). 

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Oh I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself, and know that we're always here for support. <3
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry for your loss! My heart aches just from reading your story. Keep your head up and know that we're here if you ever need support or encouragement.
  • Oh no. I can't even imagine. So sorry for your loss. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I can't even imagine. *hugs*
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Oh @harleyquinn0621 I do remember you. I am so very, very sorry for your loss! It's absolutely heartbreaking that you have to go through this. Lots of hugs to you and your family. We'll be here for you.
  • I'm so sorry to read this :( I hope you have an amazing support system to help you through this trauma
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I am so sorry that you are going through this  :'(
  • @harleyquinn0621 - I remember you. Ugh, I am so sorry - that is horrible. Best of luck to you over the next few weeks.

• Oh @harleyquinn0621 I'm so very sorry for your loss <3
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16