Monday Ticker Change 4.17.17

kns1988kns1988 member
edited April 2017 in May 2017 Moms
How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Progress made or plans for baby preparation?

GTKY: What's one of your most memorable birthdays?

-----or for postpartum-----

How many weeks old is baby?

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain?

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom?

Rants/raves/questions

GTKY: What's one of your most memorable birthdays?
Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: Monday Ticker Change 4.17.17

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 35 weeks

How big is baby? A pineapple

Any appointments this week? Not this week

Symptoms? Back pain, butt pain and tired

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

Just finished buying everything we wanted before baby comes. Just need to wash everything and organize her room.

GTKY: What's one of your most memorable birthdays? My last birthday in November. We announced being pregnant and it was my first one in a long time since becoming sober.
  • How far along are you? 35 weeks

How big is baby? A pineapple or kids backpack!

Any appointments this week? 2 NSTs and a regular OB appt tomorrow with GSB swab. 

Symptoms? Hip pain and overall tiredness. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None 

We are pretty much ready to go at this point. I have a couple things left to buy like a new nursing cover and Big Sister Shirts so I just need to order those online. 
    I'm making DH clean the house with me this morning before he leaves out of town again this week. And then the plan will just to be to "maintain" a clean house until he's back or until baby comes! 

GTKY: What's one of your most memorable birthdays? I don't recall any super memorable ones but this one might be up there this year! My birthday falls on Mother's Day and I'll be 39wks pregnant so I could either be super pregnant, in labor, or have a sweet new baby to love on! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • How far along are you? 35 weeks? @hp_momma  we are due date twins!

How big is baby? Pineapple!

Any appointments this week?  My first check tomorrow! Don't know why I'm looking forward to it- I'm anxious to confirm that baby is head down. 

Symptoms?  Tired, sore, moody. Ya already know. 

rants/raves/questions OK so I read about eating dates to lead to an easier/naturally starting labor so I started eating them. THEN I saw some stuff that said you should wait until 35 weeks because they could induce labor. I know they have a ton of fiber and have been GREAT in that dept- but it got me thinking about how drinking castor oil can get labor going bc it gets your digestive system moving too so maybe I should hold off on the Costco bag of dates I got for another week or two.  Overthinking? 

progress on baby stuff. I had spring break last week so I got all the baby clothes from my family shower washed and put away. THEN everything at GAP was 50% off and I lost my mind a little and bought a ton of baby clothes in all sizes to hide among the bigger clothes as a surprise for myself. I need to wash my Tula and I'm thinking about ordering a Chekoh wrap so I can babywear more this summer. 

Most memorable birthday. I was in Scotland with my high school drama club when I turned 18. It was a magical trip- we stayed in Edinburgh and a friend and I mistakenly ordered Guinness- twice and being kids we could not choke down the second pint and some
    nice gentlemen saw us and traded
  • @Hansolosparka March 2017 had a whole thread about the dates before labor! And then they had a follow-up thread to see if it really helped anyone's labor, you should go read up on it! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • How far along are you? 37 weeks

How big is baby? tacklebox  :D

Any appointments this week? Yup, my weekly appointment on Thursday (not looking forward to the cervix check). I need to have an U/S since my amniotic fluid was on the low end and OB wants to keep an eye on it. 

Symptoms? Swollen feet (I bought some new shoes last week), heartburn, tired you know 3rd trimester stuff

Rants/Raves/Questions? My husband and I rocked it this weekend. I truly think he is nesting more than I am. I went to take a nap and when I woke up he had organized the nursery (after installing a new closet system). 

Progress made or plans for baby preparation? Almost feel ready. Just need to buy some drawer organizers for the nursery dresser and finish putting away clothes. Also need to pack hospital bag.

GTKY: What's one of your most memorable birthdays? 35th Birthday. My husband planned the whole day which included activities with all my friends and ended with all of us hanging out at night. At each activity I had a clue as to where I needed to go next. It was pretty cool.
  • How far along are you? 36wks

How big is baby? According to my U/S today, I'm growing a teenager (7lbs 10z).  The bump says papaya and Ovia says Cabbage Patch Doll (my old doll, Wendy Jolene, would be so proud!)

Any appointments this week?  I had a U/S today and have a dr appt tomorrow w/ GBS test (yay!...not.)

Symptoms? The usual. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Baby boy is a bit violent some days. Take it easy on your mom!

Progress made or plans for baby preparation? Nursery is finally mostly done.  Clothes are washed.  Hospital bag still isn't packed.  Freezer meals aren't made.

GTKY: What's one of your most memorable birthdays? When I was in high school, I never ate at the school cafeteria.  We had open campus so I always went out to eat or went home.  One year on my birthday, my mom made me my favorite food for lunch and served it on those glass plate/drink sets that ladies used for social gatherings.  The ones with the spot to set your drink? It was pretty cute and special.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • How far along are you? 34 weeks!

How big is baby? According to The Bump email, 17" or so 

Any appointments this week? Bi weekly checkup is on Thursday 4/20

Symptoms? Nada

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm gouda

Progress made or plans for baby preparation? Really need to get on packing my/her bag - 

GTKY: What's one of your most memorable birthdays? DH surprised me with a weekend trip to DC (we had done one with DS after he was born) 

DS Born 1/12/13 - Molar Pregnancy 3/2014/D&C 3/2015 - EDD with Baby #2 May 26th, 2017

• 34 weeks! Baby is as big as a butternut squash. 

NST and check up this afternoon and then Bio Profile U/S Thursday 

same old symptoms: hip pain, trouble sleeping, nesting urges hardcore

feel like a slacker, but at the same time it still feels too early to install the carseat and pack my bag. 

Most memorable birthday? This is tricky. We usually go to a baseball game or bowling. I've never had a surprise birthday party and some years it was just cake after dinner. Maybe when I was young- I remember having a pochahontas birthday party at Discovery Zone. 
  • How far along are you? 36 Weeks!!

How big is baby? The size of a Cabbage Patch Doll!! I loved them when I was younger!

Any appointments this week? Yep, my 36 week apt and step test

Symptoms? I feel like she has moved down, I'm having cramping feelings and quite a bit of pelvic pain

Rants/Raves/Questions? This may be a stupid question, what do contractions feel like... anything to compare it to?

Progress made or plans for baby preparation? Nursery is basically done, just waiting on our wall decor. We put together the stroller, and took the car seat out of the box! I'm behind on my hospital bag, starting that this week. 

GTKY: What's one of your most memorable birthdays?   I just had my 33rd 2 weeks ago! It wasn't that exciting. For my 28th Birthday my husband brought me to a shelter and we adopted our dog!!! Probably my best present ever!! 
  • @Cubslove12 My contractions felt like the worst period cramps I've ever had. And your whole belly gets tight. I basically just wanted to be in a fetal position during contractions, but with a big ol belly it's nearly impossible. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @hp_momma interesting read!!!  But I feel like the should have also asked how many weeks they were when they delivered!
  • @Cubslove12  I second @hp_momma with the contraction description. When they first started I didn't even know they were contractions. one of the docs I had seen described them to me as your entire abdomen tightening; I had also read that true contractions will cause some back pain but I didn't have any with my contractions until I was ready to deliver.  Super tight and wanting to curl up for basic answer :) 

How many weeks old is baby? 18 days/2 weeks 4 days (gestational 38 weeks)

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week? Wednesday morning we have a weight check. hopefully were well above our birth weight

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain?  any STMs have experience with breastfeeding after introducing the bottle?   (backstory: Due to Henry arriving 5 weeks early we weren't able to breastfeed (and I was not a fan of the shield), so he has been a long he bottle for 2.5 weeks. I'd like to try breastfeeding since he had grown and it'd be convenient for when we're out and about if I run out or forget formula or pumped milk.)

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom?  sleep..what is it? I thought I didn't sleep while pregnant due to constant peeing...even less now :)

Rants/raves/questions? breastfeeding ?  above

GTKY: What's one of your most memorable birthdays?  most memorable despite all my fun themes growing up would prob be my 22nd birthday when my friend got married on my bday and then my husband (bf at the time) took me out for appetizers and dessert to celebrate since we spent all day being in or at the wedding. 

• @SWoodd2012 can you see a lactation consultant? My son wouldn't latch in the beginning then around 10 days he would latch with a shield. Before that they gave me a tiny tube that I could put breast milk in and syringe to tape to my chest and put in the shield so he got milk from mouthing the shield at first. An LC could give you the supplies and probably knows a lot of tricks and what is normal to expect. I remember having no concept of when it was "too late" to get the baby to the breast. 
  • Thanks @Hansolosparka  I didn't even think about contacting a lactation consultant. I didn't follow their feeding plan when I was discharged so I'm concerned about getting that disappointed look :)  thank you!