June 2016 Moms

Strollers

I'm sorry if there is another thread for this, please direct me to it if you know if one!

I'm wondering what all of you are using for strollers right now. We are still using the graco frame that the car seat fits into. I want to get one that LO can sit up in, but trying to figure out the right one.

I'd like to get a jogging stroller to go running with her, but is that really impractical? I heard they may not fit into the car. And they're so expensive that I think it only makes sense of it's our only stroller, unless you know of another inexpensive option?

Curious to know how all of you are handling these cost/ convenience decisions!

Re: Strollers

• I know a number of people that use the bob jogging stroller as their only stroller. However, they also drive bigger cars/trucks, so the size of it isn't a huge issue.

We have a non-jogging bob stroller that we like, but lately I've been eyeing one of the Britax ones that looks like it goes from infant car seat stroller, to regular stroller and even a double stroller. I want to say it was the b-ready? Oxo also has a new one that looks well designed. I kind of wish I had looked at more brands besides bob when we were shopping for strollers.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • We have the BOB jogger and LOVE it!  It's super easy to open and close. I drive a Nissan Altima and it fits fine in my trunk. This is our go to stroller for outings. You can often find these for a decent price on the Facebook resale pages for your specific city.

We also have a bugaboo that is really nice. When folding, it actually separates into two pieces so not quite as convenient as the BOB (but it does fold pretty flat). I do like the versatility of seat and handle bar positioning with the bugaboo. It has suspension and bulky tires that do allow you to take it "off road" but we don't.  I have a friend that has the graco city select double stroller and she raves about how awesome it is. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the UppaBaby Vista and are obsessed. The only time I have ever needed a different stroller was when we took the train into the city because it is large.

The car seat clicks into it, comes with a bassinet, and has a seat that reclines and can face both ways. It also converts to a double. We bought this stroller (it's expensive) so that we could avoid needing other strollers down the line. Aside from a cheapie umbrella stroller I don't see us ever needing another one.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • We use the Graco Breaze Click Connect umbrella stroller a lot (it stays in the car) and he sits in it by itself now rather than using his carseat. The other stroller we have that is bigger is the Graco Modes Click Connect stroller. We don't use the carseat with that one anymore either. It's too big for our car though, so it's the one we use around the neighbourhood and such. Our car is an Acura sedan of some sort (can you tell I'm not much of a car person?). Both strollers were gifts so I can't really comment on the cost escept to say that we probably would have bought just the umbrella stroller if it were just us paying. A friend of mine who is an avid jogger uses a jogging stroller BUT they have a big jeep.
  • I usually use an umbrella stroller. If it's a long walk I'll use our Joovy sit and stand so that my toddler can ride on the back. 

We have a BOB jogging stroller. We got it used in great condition for about $80 when my oldest was a baby. My husband used to run a lot, so it was worth it for us, and it's great, but there's no way I would want to use it as my only stroller. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have the UppaBaby Vista and are obsessed. The only time I have ever needed a different stroller was when we took the train into the city because it is large.

The car seat clicks into it, comes with a bassinet, and has a seat that reclines and can face both ways. It also converts to a double. We bought this stroller (it's expensive) so that we could avoid needing other strollers down the line. Aside from a cheapie umbrella stroller I don't see us ever needing another one.
    That would have been my dream stroller, but it's terribly out of my price range.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have three strollers  :# One Baby Jogger City Mini, a Bob Revolution SE, and the Kolcraft Cloud umbrella stroller. I got the Umbrella stroller at Walmart for $25 and it is worth its weight in gold!!!

That would have been my dream stroller, but it's terribly out of my price range.
    It was a huge splurge but we were actually able to get it at almost half off with Bloomingdales loyalty points
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I purchased this jogging stroller a month or two back

Baby Trend Xcel Jogger Stroller, Tiger Lily https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01789BEJ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6Rb9ybNMSDYDR

I wouldn't call it an A+ jogger, but for the price, the value is great. Took it jogging for the first time this weekend (just longer walks before then) and Miles actually fell asleep on mile 2 and stayed asleep in it for the next 40 minutes of my schlep. No schocks here, but nice big bicycle tires that can take a little bounce. Otherwise we have a cheap umbrella stroller for the zoo or mall. Honestly I still do a lot of baby wearing in the Ergo too if we're going to a crowded place
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Look on garage sale/fb resale sites. We also have the graco breaze that the seat clicks into, though we don't use that anymore either. I got a nice jogging stroller for $20 through a fb resale site. Then I also don't care that dh runs it through puddles and mud. 
  • Thank you so much everyone, this is really helpful! I'll have this thread handy when we go shopping : )
  • Espo919Espo919 member
    edited April 2017
    Try LetGo. I got Coco's jogging stroller on there for $30. Needed a cleaning but I love it & so does she! We get a ton of stuff thru that app btw. 
  • Espo919 said:
    Try LetGo. I got Coco's jogging stroller on there for $30. Needed a cleaning but I love it & so does she! We get a ton of stuff thru that app btw. 
    OfferUp can be good to for stuff like that. I got a brand new sofa last week off it for $60, and they have lots of kids stuff too

BabyFruit Ticker