June 2017 Moms
Options

Combo TW Tuesday and BF Monday?

2»

Re: Combo TW Tuesday and BF Monday?

• Options
    My damn cat decided to freak out last night while I was sleeping and use my face as a springboard for running away. I expected that if I ever woke up to blood dripping on my face it would be from a nosebleed, not from that. I was literally sitting up in bed holding my hands under my chin so I didn't get blood in the sheets while DH ran to get paper towels. Not the way I wanted to wake up in the middle of the night. 

It actually doesn't look as bad as I expected it would, though I do also have a small scratch on my forehead. 

• Options
    edited April 2017
    @silliegirlie143 that is so screwed up. Dang. 

@LMMama we previously lived 10 minutes from my parents. But couldn't afford this sized house in that area. Now size seems like such a stupid reason to have moved so far. I wish we had given up some square footage and stayed closer. Blah. It's totally silly but I miss how close it was. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @silliegirlie143 I am so sorry :( Hopefully it means better things to come for him!

@MotherofDragons it is really hard to be far from family with little ones - if you want your mom closer by, make the move!! 

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Options
    CapricaAndrea gah! Our cat is a maniac too. She scratched my toddlers face in the middle of the night three days before we were scheduled to get family photos. 

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Options
    @silliegirlie143, what the hell? I'm so sorry. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    @silliegirlie143 wow that is not ok! I'm so sorry.  Did he get any explanation? 
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for all the thoughts, ladies! 

@JessyKV The Mr went in today to pick up his final check. Partner said they're just not busy enough to justify 2 FT designers, but they'd like to keep sending freelance work his way periodically. I mean, if there's not enough work that's understandable, but there are more professional ways to let someone go.

After all that, karma TOTALLY bit them in the ass! The partner forgot that the other designer had requested time off this week. So he had to tell the owner that 1 designer was leaving for vacation and he had just fired the other one. Now they have NO designer for their weekend! Have fun with that shit!! 

• Options
    Okay I have a BF. Im sick. It's "just" a cold so I can function, but I can't breathe. Last night I put my 5 yo to bed 2 hours early with a fever. Put my 2yo to bed at 8 pm. I decided to just go to sleep and try to help my cold go away. 1015, up with the 2yo who had a bad dream. 1045 my husband called (yay!) We talked for 20 min. Finally get comfortable and back to sleep, 2:30 am... Hear a creepy noise outside my door. I get up and my 5 yo is standing there... Covered in vomit. Her bed is covered, and there is a trail from her room to mine. Took an hour to get everything cleaned and her back to sleep. 

So much for getting a good night sleep to help my cold. I have a Drs appointment at 830 I can't reschedule so I have to leave her with the sitter. Cue the huge mommy guilt. Also my 5yo has her Easter party at school today, that she will now miss. I feel bad that she will miss that with her friends I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. But I still feel bad. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    @awoodruff27 sorry about your rough night. Fingers crossed that the bug your 5yo has passes through quickly without passing it to you or her sister.
  • Options
    Feel better @awoodruff27 Hope you can squeeze in a quick nap today!!!
  • Options
    @awoodruff27 Awwww!! Poor Mom and poor 5yo. Hope you both feel better soon

• Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    My husband works for his parents (not permanently, just helping get the family business back on its feet). He's busted his heinie to cover for them while they took multiple vacations this year. They just told him (right after his dad got back from another trip) they can't afford to pay him anything at all if he takes time off with the baby.

I'm also a little irked that they didn't offer to let him off early at all or pitch in to help close this week so he could be home with his 8 months pregnant wife who is on crutches with 2 sprained ankles. He worked all day Saturday while I was in the ER with our neighbor, and he was there until 12 last night closing with one other person. I don't love being home alone right now.

I do not feel like our family is a priority for them at all. I'm sure we have to go over for Easter dinner and I'm not sure how I'm going to ramp up to any kind of warm filial feelings before then.
  • Options
    @awoodruff27 that sounds like a rough night! Hope your 5yo feels better! Nothing worse than cleaning up puke in the night.  
  • Options
    @HgPa that sounds awful and so unfair. If he's been doing them a favour for so long it seems like they could at least let him be home to help you more often while you're on crutches even if they aren't willing/able to help financially at all. 
  • Options
    @HgPa that sucks! It does sound really unfair.
  • Options
    @awoodruff27, here's to trying again tonight! I hope you have better luck. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    HgPa said:
    My husband works for his parents (not permanently, just helping get the family business back on its feet). He's busted his heinie to cover for them while they took multiple vacations this year. They just told him (right after his dad got back from another trip) they can't afford to pay him anything at all if he takes time off with the baby.

I'm also a little irked that they didn't offer to let him off early at all or pitch in to help close this week so he could be home with his 8 months pregnant wife who is on crutches with 2 sprained ankles. He worked all day Saturday while I was in the ER with our neighbor, and he was there until 12 last night closing with one other person. I don't love being home alone right now.

I do not feel like our family is a priority for them at all. I'm sure we have to go over for Easter dinner and I'm not sure how I'm going to ramp up to any kind of warm filial feelings before then.
    Wow that is horrible and something i would consider a deal breaker for future family bonding. 
  • Options
    @HgPa It sounds like your inlaws are taking advantage of your DH. I wouldn't be willing to help them out much longer, just for the sake of maintaining relationships with them. 
  • Options
    Jumping in the pictures discussion... Last time we did the hospital package and bought the downloads instead of the prints through them. It was pricey though and I didn't think they were that great. This time we have saved a JCPenney studio coupon, where we do our Christmas photos and have a no sitting fee package set up.
  • Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    Thanks ladies! Hubs is finishing up exams this spring and looking at moving to teaching in the fall. We have some money saved, so he may take some time off this summe anywayr. There is definitely an expiration date on the whole situation and it's coming up.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Sorry for being an aw. Just one of those nights. DD luckily is feeling better. Me not so much. 

Also I have tried to post this like 5 times. Every other thread I can post in fine, but this one keeps glitching. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    zseirecargzseirecarg member
    edited April 2017
    Thursday BF? So I stumbled across Target having a awesome sale on Chicco Items (20% off, now through Saturday) and decided that since no one bought our travel system yet off our registry, the deal was too good to pass up and I bought it. The item was sold out online, so my only option was to pick it up in store - the closest one is 30 minutes away, so no big deal. Well, I went after work today since you only have 3 days to get your item and was informed after waiting a good 20 minutes of staff disappearing into the back of the customer service area that they gave my order to someone who bought a similar product. The manager was apologetic and was going to call the customer to see if they could bring the product back and would call me tomorrow.

Pissed off I just wasted over an hour in driving and more at the store, I left and went home. 2 online chats with Target representatives and a phone call with 3 different people (staff passed me to a manager, a manager passed me to a supervisor)... NO ONE was able to get another item for me, they are sold out pretty much everywhere, my only option was to drive 3+ hours to another store, they wouldn't have the store ship it to me. The best they could do is offer me the discount for when the item is back in stock, which I am grateful for - but it they don't know when they will be back in stock. 

I am someone who thrives off getting things done and I was stressing out over not having a car seat yet, so here I am trying to check things off the list and of course am stalled yet again. I understand I could just buy the seat and not the travel system and I am probably overreacting but i'm still pissed. Sorry for the long post, had to get it all out. 
  • Options
    @graceriesz Wtf- why won't they just ship the one from the 3+ hour store??  I'd be so mad.
  • Options
    @CurlyMommy416 I wish they had a good answer, but it just that the stores don't have that capability. I'm still mad - like get someone to put one in their car and drive it to UPS or FedEx. They just sent me a customer service satisfaction survey - I am really hoping someone calls me tomorrow to 'make it right' 
  • Options
    Give 'em hell in that survey!!