April 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/10

Never started a Randoms thread for this week! 

Whats happening in life this week?
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/10

• Loading the player...
  • I still don't know which hospital I'm delivering at haha. In February my OB office advised that starting April 1st, they're transferring delivery services to another hospital. I've been totally on board with this since it's closer to home and has a better maternity ward (this was my first choice hospital and I was bummed my ob office didn't deliver there when I first inquired early on in my pregnancy).

Well, since I'm getting close I tried to confirm that I will be delivering there since it's now mid-April and I was told that they are not sure. I asked where do I go if I were to go into labor and was told "I'm not sure, the on call doctor will let you know where to go when the time comes"

Arghhhhhh.  :s

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Lovable Bump Um....What the hell?!?! How does any of that make any sense? What if you went to your preferred hospital, would they really turn you away? Is it a insurance coverage thing? 
  • @KirstinH88 my preferred hospital is definitely in network with my insurance, so that's not an issue. My ob office's explanation is that they don't have delivery privileges there quite yet since they are still "transitioning" and that the on call will tell me where to go when I go into labor.  This is all they will tell me over and over :s . My preferred hospital is a more direct route from home and is 15 mins closer, which I've stressed since i found out about the switch. It's just so frustrating at this point since I can't even pre-register or anything since I don't know where I'm going :/ 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @shaunessa I've been worried about you!!!
    @Lovable Bump Major eye roll...That all just seems like unnecessary hospital politics...
  • My dog started acting crazy last night, pawing me, protecting my belly, just overall agitated. Sounds ridiculous (and believe me, I went Google wild) but I'm wondering if he's sensing some changes I should know about. Even my husband said "uhh, do you have your bag packed because the dog thinks things are happening soon!" 
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • @momtoleo I swear my dog knew too! She kept sitting on the floor staring up at me with her tail wagging in a way I've never seen before, the two days before I went into labor. She often stares at me, but usually only when she wants something so this was totally new. Hope it's the same for you! Dogs are awesome. 
  • @momtoleo The night my water broke, the dog would not sleep! She always sleeps in her crate, but that night she freaked out. She sat right next to me and tore up about 5 different tennis balls. 
  • @HGRich and @rachelmiller03 Interesting! We have two dogs and one has been aware that something is going on for the entire time (we joke that he thinks we're having this baby for him). The other one, who went crazy last night and needed ALL my attention this morning, is very protective of me and has basically refused to acknowledge that anything has been different this whole time...until now. Funny that this is the final impetus I need to pack my hospital bag!
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • Just attempted to go grocery shopping thinking I was being slick by going in the afternoon while everyone is at work. Silly me forgot about about the fact that it's Good Friday and right before Easter, therefore it was packed. I also ended up with severe round ligament pain on my left side within 5 mins and had to go home.  Major fail on my part  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Lovable Bump Haha! Same here. I stopped by the grocery store around 10am and was surprised that the parking lot was full. Then I was like "oh duh, its Easter weekend!"