June 2017 Moms
Options

Maternity clothing

1235»

Re: Maternity clothing

• Options
    @jennas312 I LOVE my low waisted maternity underwear from Motherhood and actually continued wearing them after my first pregnancy. I think I have the Jessica Simpson brand. I would suggest getting a size larger than you would typically purchase though. 
  • Options
    awillis13 said:
    @Jenna312 I never purchased special maternity underwear.  I keep wearing the same old underwear, or maybe buy 1 size up if I need to.  

With DD1, I just wore my regular low rise undies. They worked fine until she dropped, and then my belly pushed them down a bit and left a small fabric bunch, and it wad uncomfortable on my belly. This time, when I needed new panties, I bought these:
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    HgPa said:
    Has anyone bought nursing bras yet? I am up from 34E to 36I at 22 weeks and I just ordered an inexpensive wireless bra on Amazon for some relief. Is it too early to invest in a nursing bra? Do you plan for your cup size to increase even more in 3rd tri/post partum? Do most people use an extender so you can tighten the band a lot after delivery, or do you just find something that fits on the loosest hook? Sorry for the long post, my boobs have a lot of questions.

Edit: Added 22 weeks for reference

I realize this may be a bit late, but...I would buy them now. With DD1 none of my old bras fit by the time I was 4-5 months pregnant. I went to a local shop to be fitted, and she tried to talk me out of buying something then. She said i was most likely to continue growing, but I was desperate, so I bought a nursing bra. It was such a huge relief to have something that fit well! I normally wore a 36DDD, but had gone up to a 36H. The only time that bra did not fit well, was right after my milk came in. I later bought a 36I, and between the two sizes, they have been great. I never needed an extender, but my ribcage didn't change sizes at all, just my cups. I was glad I didn't get maternity instead, as I would have needed to buy more. Plus, even if a bra you buy now is a tad snug later, you will likely use it again whenever you wean, as your size will slowly go back down.
    Married 8/29/09
  • Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations for good nursing pajamas? I went cheap last time and just bought button up pajamas, but fooling with the buttons in the middle of the night, several times a night got to be so annoying. Nursing is hard enough as it is so I don't want to fool with that this time. I've looked on Amazon and was unimpressed with their selection. Motherhood seems to only have one pair of actual nursing pajamas that are a top and bottom set. I don't like the idea of a nightgown. 
  • Options
    shmarpler said:
    HgPa said:
    Has anyone bought nursing bras yet? I am up from 34E to 36I at 22 weeks and I just ordered an inexpensive wireless bra on Amazon for some relief. Is it too early to invest in a nursing bra? Do you plan for your cup size to increase even more in 3rd tri/post partum? Do most people use an extender so you can tighten the band a lot after delivery, or do you just find something that fits on the loosest hook? Sorry for the long post, my boobs have a lot of questions.

Edit: Added 22 weeks for reference

I realize this may be a bit late, but...I would buy them now. With DD1 none of my old bras fit by the time I was 4-5 months pregnant. I went to a local shop to be fitted, and she tried to talk me out of buying something then. She said i was most likely to continue growing, but I was desperate, so I bought a nursing bra. It was such a huge relief to have something that fit well! I normally wore a 36DDD, but had gone up to a 36H. The only time that bra did not fit well, was right after my milk came in. I later bought a 36I, and between the two sizes, they have been great. I never needed an extender, but my ribcage didn't change sizes at all, just my cups. I was glad I didn't get maternity instead, as I would have needed to buy more. Plus, even if a bra you buy now is a tad snug later, you will likely use it again whenever you wean, as your size will slowly go back down.
    I'm still trying to decide on buying them. I'm definitely bulging out of my current bras, which isn't ideal and is annoying but is not so bad that it's noticeable.

I tried on bras at Target, and none of them fit. None. One size was too small and the next size up was too big. What? And I definitely don't want to order online because if trying to find good fitting bras in-store is this hard, I can't imagine how bad it will be online!!! At this point, I'm probably going to wait and see and buy after the baby is born. I really want the Target bras to work because they're cheap!
  • Options
    Has anyone tried nursing bras from H&M? They're cute, but I hate that H&M doesn't have online reviews! 
  • Options
    Does anyone love their leggings?  I bought two pair back in December from A Pea in the Pod.  One full length and one capri - both full panel.  They've been alright, but they are getting thin and pilling.  I read reviews of Gap full panel leggings online and they seem super see through too.  All of the Old Navy's near me have no in person maternity section (same with Gap) - it's all online.  I reread this whole thread and it looks like H&M and Old Navy are decent, but if anyone has any ordering tips of what to avoid/buy or a winning recommendation in general, I'd Love it!!
    Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17
  • Options
    XathXath member
    @doodleoodle. This is by far my favorite nursing PJ.  I got it with DS1 and it's so comfortable that I wear it when I'm not pregnant/nursing.  I found it on Amazon recently and bought 2 more.  It's a nightgown, but I just wear a pair of PJ pants, leggings, or sweats with it when I want full body coverage.

It also covers most night nursing bras. For some reason, whoever designs the motherhood PJs forgets that you're going to be wearing some wide-strapped nursing bra and designs all of their products to be strappy.  

Women's La Leche League Intimates Layered V-neck Nursing Dress-Blue Lagoon-Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C1M12LA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_pvE6ybS757N30

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @sparrow I like the heavyweight leggings from Old Navy. They are definitely not see through. I don't know if its bc I wear an XL or what, but they are baggy in the crotch. 
    I have the gap ones and they're just ok. The panel doesn't cover my belly so I pull it down, and they are thin, though not see through bc they are also baggy, so I only wear them under dresses.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @sparrow old navy leggings are great.
    I need to find some spring maternity capris. No luck yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    I also love my old navy leggings. Super comfortable and thick material. I have noticed getting a lot hotter in them as the weather is warming up though. 
  • Options
    @sparrow I like the heavyweight leggings from Old Navy. They are definitely not see through. I don't know if its bc I wear an XL or what, but they are baggy in the crotch. 
    I have the gap ones and they're just ok. The panel doesn't cover my belly so I pull it down, and they are thin, though not see through bc they are also baggy, so I only wear them under dresses.
    It's not just you. I wear an XS and have the same problem with ON heavyweights. I do like them though; nice and thick and comfortable! 
  • Options
    sparrow-2sparrow-2 member
    edited April 2017
    @jennas312 @MKRLTX @GlitterFish @ladylolly89 - thanks everyone!  gonna go pull the trigger on some new leggings!  It seems it's all I can wear these days.

edited to add: PSA - 40% off everything at Old Navy through 4/10
    Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17
  • Options
    @doodleoodle I just bought a bunch of nursing tanks and used regular pajama bottoms with them.  But I'm not one for super matchy matchy pajamas all the time.  I usually just wear a t-shirt and sweatpants/yoga pants to bed

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sparrow I have a pair of Rune maternity leggings- they are amazinggggg.  I've worn them 3 times a week since I was 12 weeks, and they still look brand new.
  • Options
    @jennas312, Destination Maternity had cute capris in store. I got a pair of coral skinny capris in a light denim material. They were buy one get one 50% off too, and fit really well despite being sized in S-M-L instead of numbers which I think is it totally strange for more tailored pants.
  • Options
    I got 2 nursing nightgowns from Destination Maternity and I'm hoping they are good to sleep in! They also had super comfy pajama pants and shorts that would work before and after delivery. 

So I assume that if I normally don't wear much to sleep in (like only underwear or nothing...) that post partum I'll want to wear something to keep all the fluids contained?!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    alm52386 said:
    I got 2 nursing nightgowns from Destination Maternity and I'm hoping they are good to sleep in! They also had super comfy pajama pants and shorts that would work before and after delivery. 

So I assume that if I normally don't wear much to sleep in (like only underwear or nothing...) that post partum I'll want to wear something to keep all the fluids contained?!
    I would definitely plan to wear something, at least initially.  Between post partum bleeding and leaky boobs, I felt like I'd never be normal again!  But make sure it's loose and cool.  Night sweats were a bitch too!
  • Options
    rmarble23rmarble23 member
    edited April 2017
    jennas312 said:
    @sparrow old navy leggings are great.
    I need to find some spring maternity capris. No luck yet.
    i have a pair of old navy cropped compression leggings in the activewear section, i wear them all the time with high boots now and once its warmer ill be wearing them with flats

my only issue with my old navy stuff is it is baggy in the crotch or if i pull them up i have a horrible seem across my belly and then the panel i fold over at the top or else it ends up under my bra.  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jennas312jennas312 member
    edited April 2017
    Macys.com has a good sale going on maternity clothes right now. Mostly everything is reduced and it's also buy one get one 50% off. I just ordered 2 pairs of capris, 2 pairs of shorts, a sleeveless shirt, and a tank top for $100. I couldnt use the coupon they're advertising,  but I had a $50 giftcard to use ,so I only spent around $50. 
    Everytime I buy maternity, I say I'm done. Well now it's getting hot out and I had nothing for bottoms! I have a lot of long tops that should be ok with maternity pants and maxi skirts.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mezalune said:
    alm52386 said:

I would definitely plan to wear something, at least initially.  Between post partum bleeding and leaky boobs, I felt like I'd never be normal again!  But make sure it's loose and cool.  Night sweats were a bitch too!

Definitely. The leaky boobs are no joke and you don't want to change your sheets every night a few days post partum.
    Married 8/29/09
  • Options
    alm52386 said:

Yes, underwear+pad and a sleep bra at the very least! Things will be leaking! I basically just slept in boy shorts and sleep nursing bra all last summer. It was too hot for clothing! I will likely do the same this time. DS is too young to notice what I wear/don't wear yet (not even a year). 
  • Options
    Right now good morning america has a pregnancy wardrobe segment.
    Pregnancy Ticker