May 2017 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change 4/11

How far along are you?
How big is baby?
Any appointments this week?
Symptoms?
Rants/Raves/Questions?
GTKY: Any plans for Easter this weekend? If no Easter plans what are your weekend plans?

Postpartum 
@Squirtgun  :) 

How many days/weeks old is baby?
Any Appointments or updates for baby or mom?
Concerns? Anything else you'd like to add?
Rants/Raves/Questions?
GTKY: Any plans for Easter this weekend? If no Easter plans what are your weekend plans? 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 4/11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @L1C4gal congrats on the girl! So exciting! 

I have a question - what does it feel like to you when baby gets hiccups? 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @CherryBananas Thank you!!! :)

This baby gets hiccups all the time. To me, it feels like little kicks but (a) they happen very rhythmically (every few seconds) for a pretty long period of time and (b) I don't see a little foot trying to escape from my abdomen ;) Now that she's had them more, I guess they feel less like kicks and I can imagine her jolting around in there!
  • Options
    @L1C4gal yay for baby girl! Such an exciting way to find out. 

@CherryBananas sounds like you need to go baby clothes shopping :) 

@0408Bear hope those little girls stay put! 

• Options
    @CherryBananas I'm afraid this baby takes after Mom/ Grandpa/ Great Grandpa and gets hiccups all. the. time. For the most part they feel like when I have the hiccups, a rhythmic jump in my stomach, but a little quicker. I often feel them at baby's butt, so their whole body must be jerking with each hiccup. When I do feel them down in the head it's like a little pulse almost.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @lilylover27 good luck.at your appointment today!

@SWE2 my mom's birthday is close to my due date and she's really hoping he isn't born on her birthday either.

Thanks ladies! That rhythmic thumping us totally what I'm feeling. It was just happening a little quicker than I expected it to be so I wasn't sure. Either that or he's sparring with my insides :wink:
  • Options
    Hi guys!  
    @Kipperoo fingers crossed for no NICU time!  

How old is baby? Haha, you're making me do math... 10 days old! (34wks gestational age today.)  It seems like it's been so much longer than that in some ways, and so much shorter in other ways! 

Baby updates? Thomas is off of breathing support! He's done with his bili light, and he's out of the isolette, and into an open bed!  He's flown past many milestones this week, and we are so happy with his progress!  He is still relying on his feeding tube, and is getting extra fortification mixed into my breast milk. 

Concerns? Normal NICU stuff. It's really hard being away from him, but then when I'm with him in away from my girls. Ugh. I'm glad he's getting the care he needs, but I'm ready for him to be home! 

Rants/raves/questions?  Pumping sucks you guys. But if you haven't gotten your pump yet, I'd highly recommend the spectra!!!  I have the spectra at home, and the hospital has the medela (which is also what I had with my girls.). Neither is particularly comfortable, but the spectra is a thousand times more comfortable than the medela. And I tend to get more milk when pumping with the spectra as well. 

GTKY- Easter plans?  We are planning to have a quiet Easter at home with just immediate family. I'm using Thomas as an excuse to not have to go to the in laws big dinner. We will go to church in the morning, and then try to just have a relaxing day with the girls at home. I'll go see Thomas either during their nap or after they are in bed, so they can have a whole day with me. 
  • Options
    @Squirtgun, how are you feeling? Has the recovery been similar to previous ones for you? So glad to hear that Thomas is doing well!! And he's a perfect excuse for missing an inlaw dinner!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    emilyalsoemilyalso member
    edited April 2017
    How far along are you? 35 Weeks (Scheduled C - 5/10)

How big is baby? Canary Melon or Mini Lop Rabbit

Any appointments this week? None this week (and only 3 left!)

Symptoms? Insomnia - I was up roaming the house and eating cereal around 4 this morning  :|

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave, I guess: We have our only 'official' shower tomorrow at my husband's work. Since we're TEAM GREEN, we asked for it to be a diaper shower and I hope it pads our stash for a while! (FYI: I turned down another offer for a 'big' shower since this is the second baby, but he was at a different job when our first was born. I think they are very excited to celebrate with us, and I didn't feel like it was a super-greedy situation (if that makes sense).)

GTKY: Any plans for Easter this weekend? If no Easter plans what are your weekend plans? My parents will be coming through town this weekend, so I am sure we will put together some sort of yummy lunch. DS isn't quite old enough to enjoy an egg hunt yet, but I am looking forward to that next year! '

@L1C4gal - I'm sorry if I've missed an explanation for this before, but how did y'all wait so long to find out??? Has someone had the info all this time? And, I hope you have a great birthday weekend! 

@Kipperoo - Sending positive thoughts your way today! You know we're all on the edges of our seats! :) 

@Louise_Belcher - That's really neat about your brother and his gf - I hope it goes well for them (and consequently for you). 
    :# 

@Squirtgun - Fx that he keeps improving enough to head home soon! I'm sure it's tough to feel like you're spread thin between your children. 
  • Options
    @Squirtgun So happy to hear he is flying through the milestones!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @lilylover27 hope your appt goes well! 
    @Squirtgun 10 days old already! Glad to hear an update from you :) 

• Options
    @L1C4gal HOW COOL!!!!!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? Celery (blech)/three chocolate croissants (yesss)

Any appointments this week? Nada till next week

Symptoms? General discomfort, frequent urination. The latter is so annoying because I'm used to being a camel. Yesterday was beautiful here, and I had to cut our park playdate short because there was nowhere to pee.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Found a great deal on a City Select stroller on Albee Baby, so I finally pulled the trigger. Now I can't wait for it to come!

GTKY: Any plans for Easter this weekend? We're not particularly religious, but we're going to my half-sister's for Passover seder on Saturday evening. I look forward to it every year since we don't get to see each other that often, especially since my husband and I moved from NYC to NJ. It will blow up our toddler's bedtime, but that's life. He does go to a Jewish preschool, so he may connect to parts of it this year!
  • Options
    @mrsfox2008 - Yay for the new swing! We're reusing most of our gear for this baby, which is how I justified a new stroller. ;)

@L1C4gal - A girl! So exciting. That picture was great -- never seen a golf ball reveal! I'm also so impressed with your will power. I made our midwife tell me the sex of the baby over the phone because I couldn't wait even a few more hours to pick up a sealed envelope so my husband and I could find out together. Happy birthday, and enjoy yourself on your getaway!

@CherryBananas - Props to your husband! I hope you're feeling better. I had to Google what a zero gravity chair is, and it looks amazing.

@0408Bear - I can't imagine double the babies inside me. I hope they cooperate so you can make it to the wedding!

@lilylover27 - Good luck at your appointment! My OB does the swab at the 36-week visit, FWIW.

@Louise_Belcher - Hooray for being pain-free! I hope your brother and his girlfriend go the distance.

@Kipperoo - I hope everything is going well today! Fingers crossed baby has no/minimal NICU time!

@Squirtgun - Sounds like Thomas is progressing like a rock star! Keep it up, kid! Thanks for the advice re: Spectra. I got a script for new breast pump, and I was thinking of trying that one out (also have a Medela PISA).

@emilyalso - Enjoy the shower!
  • Options
    @slowmo that's where we bought our car seat and stroller. They shipped very fast and were hear sooner than it said so hopefully yours comes quick 

@Louise_Belcher your story is one I've gone through many times. My brother dated a girl for a few years and we love her. Then him being an ass that he is, broke up with her (Thanksgiving Eve) and has brought multiple new ones home. The current one is nice but has a 6mo old (which is fine) it's that she doesn't spend much time with her son and her parents are raising him which doesn't sit well with me. Children should come before dating and partying. 

@L1C4gal You have some mighty strong will power!! I could barely wait 16 weeks to find out. LOVE the golf ball idea! How fun! Plus it's great that your friend could be involved without actually being there. How awesome! 

@Squirtgun Hooray for all the milestones Will is reaching! Must be a great feeling to see all the achievements he has made so far

@emilyalsosometimes I wake up starving and I make waffles at 5am. Then since I'm up and my girls (dogs) are up I expect DH to have breakfast with me. He's not always pleased 
  • Options
    @Kipperoo my recovery has been a lot faster this time than with my girls! But at the same time I've been a lot more exhausted this time because I'm literally never getting a break. 

Thanks everyone for your interest/concern about Thomas :)
  • Options
    @SWE2 I feel your brother dating pain. My brother is never single for more then a month and since early high school it has been a steady rotation of girls. I am probably an overprotective older sister and usually was not a super fan of his choices in partner. I would feel the exact same way if he was dating someone like you mentioned and would be giving major side eye. He did date a girl with a child for a bit and she was very nice, but the ties to the little girls father were too great for the relationship to last. This girl was his longest girlfriend and they dated for about 2.5 years I believe, but he was right out of high school and when they started dating she was still in high school and then started college, so busy non-settled lives. Now they are done with school and have been in their respective careers for a year or two. My fingers are crossed!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    How far along are you? 34 weeks
    How big is baby? Butternut sqash
    Any appointments this week? Yesterday. They just checked heartbeat and belly measurement.
    Symptoms? Heartburn, frequently restroom trips, large appetite, swollen feet and hands
    Rants/Raves/Questions? None
    GTKY: Any plans for Easter this weekend? If no Easter plans what are your weekend plans? No Easter plans or anything else. 
  • Options
    @Kipperoo I hope your induction is going/went smoothly!

How far along are you?  35 weeks

How big is baby?  A child's backpack

Any appointments this week?  I had a prenatal appointment today.  Baby girl passed her NST in like 10 minutes and I'm 1-2 cm, 70% effaced, and very soft (I had my pants off for the GBS swab and figured she could check while she was down there).  Since I feel like the MFM could freak out at any point and demand an induction, this makes me feel much better.  My husband, on the other hand, is already freaking out about a car baby.

Symptoms?  My thyroid meds seem to be finally making a difference after upping them every six weeks with no change!  I'm not nearly as completely exhausted and my blood pressure came down.  My poor feet are so puffy now, though. :(

Rants/raves/questions:  None.

GTKY:  My best friend and her family (her daughter is DS1's best friend too) are coming over for Easter dinner.  I can't wait.  We haven't seen them in several weeks and we usually spend at least part of every weekend together.
    Feb 2012:  DS1 born 40w2d, 7 lb 11 oz, 20"
    May 2014:  DS2 born 40w3d, 10 lb, 23"

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • Options
    @L1C4gal those golf balls are such a great idea!

@Louise_Belcher I'm glad you found some relief with the chiropractor. I'm booking an appointment with mine for next week and I'm hoping it helps with my hip pain. 

@mrsrep123 I'm glad you enjoyed your shower with your coworkers :smile:

@slowmo those chairs are super comfortable. Laying back like that makes the pain in my ribs feel better for some reason so I've been loving it the last two days. 

@Squirtgun glad to hear things are going well!

• Options
    Re: the work shower - MH asked if we had hostess gifts  :| So now instead of a chill day at home, DS and I are on a frantic shopping trip! 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    37 weeks
    How big is baby?
    Size of a tackle box
    Any appointments this week?
    Wednesday check up
    Symptoms?
    Back pain, swollen feet, and braxton hicks!
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    DH bday is Friday, he is having a friend down. Sunday we will have a family gathering at my dad's. 

Also, just got back from the doctor and had an NST. Got my induction scheduled for next Tuesday at 7am!!! Since I'm high risk, I won't be leaving there until I give birth.