April 2017 Moms

Appointments 4.9-4.15

inside and outside baby appointments this week? Heck...even fur baby appointments? 

Re: Appointments 4.9-4.15

• Routine OB appointment tomorrow!  I hope I'm making some progress towards labor, but I'm sure its wishful thinking  o:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Had an over due appointment today. 40+1. I'm frustrated about it, there has been no changes. Still 1cm but I think she's just being nice about that. Looking at inducing in 10 days. F my life. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Had my weekly appointment today at 38+4.  Still 2 cm and 50% effaced.   :/  They'll strip my membranes next Monday if I'm still pregnant.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • I really wish I had a weekly appt at this point. Last week (on Tuesday) I was 2 cm. I had contractions (though nothing super painful) all day yesterday! So I'm nosey and want to know what progress I've made. But my next appt isn't until next Wednesday 4/19 (if I'm still pregnant).
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • I had a routine appt today at 40+4 BP was fine, fundal height measuring 39.5 so within normal ranges, baby's HR was 139, and they estimated the baby at 7.5 lbs so we'll see about that haha. I had a cervical check and membrane sweep. She said I was 2cm and 70% effaced when last week I was 1-2 cm and 50% effaced so at least it's some progress I suppose. My next appt is wednesday afternoon to place the foley bulb, and then I go back Thursday morning at 5AM for the full induction if baby hasn't come yet. 
  • Appointment for me tomorrow at 40+2. I'm not expecting anything exciting. Maybe a NST. Though, I am interested to see if any of the things I've been doing this past week have encouraged baby to move out of a posterior position. That would be nice.

If I'm still pregnant on Wednesday, I'm going to get my nails done.
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    DD1 born 3.2014
    DD2 born 4.2017
  • This baby must feel like her doctor is her second home. She went for her first well appointment last Thursday, where she was doing fine. Then she had a weight check the next day. On Monday we woke up to pus and gunk in her eyes, so back to the doc we went. Her weight was up 5 oz from birth weight which is great. She has conjunctivitis though. We had a hard time getting our hands on the right antibiotic but we've applied it twice and it seems tombs improving. Then in the afternoon on Monday we went to the ENT to get her tongue tie revised. That went well. Her next scheduled appointment is her two week well appointment on April 18. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @mrsstuessy, they won't sweep me yet, but the doc who did my check yesterday was pretty aggressive (and she's got the smallest hands!) so I've had spotting since yesterday.  I don't ever remember having that in previous pregnancies!  Here's to my false sense of hope that it's a good thing.   :D
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just left my 38 week appt. I'm just barely dilated to 1cm and my cervix is still very high. I know I can stay like this for a while and it's really not much progress, but it felt nice to know that I'm at least a tiny bit dilated haha  :D. I'm at peace with it since I still have 2 weeks to go before my due date and a lot can happen in that time.

i have another growth scan scheduled for next Wednesday, if she's continuing to measure on the larger side we'll discuss a possible c-section. Otherwise my OB won't consider induction until after 41 weeks, which is fine by me. Hopefully she'll come before that, but all I can do is wait and see :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Have Ellery's two week appointment tomorrow morning. I am curious to see what she's weighing these days - hoping to be back up to birth weight if not more! :)

On a side note pretty sure after this appointment we are switching doctors for her. Our town seriously has no peds and no great family doctors. I wasn't a big fan of DS's doc (so I always take him to the PA who is awesome) so we thought we'd try a different one for DD...Yeah I don't care for him either which sucks cause I love his nurse, his office is WAY faster to get in  a and out of than DS's, and plus I feel guilty for switching. I know I need to do whatever I feel most comfortable with and what's best for my kids but I still feel guilty. Guess we'll add her to the same doc as DS and just see the PA when we need to. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lucy has her follow up appointment tomorrow morning. She's low/moderate risk of jaundice and is a little yellow. Waaaah. She's just not eating well and it's stressing me out. Met with the LC again today to see what more can be done and so I may be pumping until my milk really comes in. Lucy just doesn't seem to want to work at it--shell latch and then fall asleep as though she hopes the milk will just fall out and she doesn't have to do anything. So she's just not eating enough and I'm afraid she'll have lost a lot of weight. We'll find out tomorrow I guess. 
  • @HGRich, is she fully dressed when she's nursing?  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Beckyf321 she's been all levels of naked and clothed as I've tried it all. Tickling and cold wet wipes and changing positions. But last night she ate for the longest amount of time without sleeping and I'm feeling better. Still no wet diapers since yesterday afternoon though so we'll see what doc says. 
  • Well Lucy has lost 11%. I'm so upset. I know she's been having trouble but they haven't asked me to supplement and want me to keep trying but it is stressing me out. But since my milk came in yesterday afternoon and she's eaten better since (I think! I wish I knew!) they aren't going to have me do anything. But I'm going to have her on the boob all the time for the next 24 hours if I can and I set up an LC appt for tomorrow to see if she's gained anything in the next 24. Of course that means no sleep for me but whatever. I've gotten about three hours of sleep each day for the last four. She's a little less sleepy and more alert today so that gives me hope. 

@SnarkasaurusRex that's what I was told too. I mentioned today she's had one each for each day she's been alive (wet and dirty) and he wasn't worried today, since I told him last night was a really good night and I'm hoping today continues to go well. Sigh. So stressful. But I know you know--and I'm sorry for your frustration now too. 
  • @hgrich are there any drop in breastfeeding groups near you? Some of them will do a weighted feed so you can see what she's getting. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @HGRich Don't panic. I'm sure that now that your milk has come in, Lucy will gain back quickly. Fx!
  • Thank you all. I know it's only been a few days and I may see dramatic improvement in a few more. I hope. @catem07 there are--one on Tuesdays at the peds and one on Wednesdays at the hospital. I'm thinking of doing both next week. 
  • Just had my 37 week appointment. Now 60-70% effaced, but still 1cm. OB thinks I still have another 2 weeks. I'm so anxious to not be pregnant anymore, but I guess I can wait another 2 weeks. 
  • I'm so bummed. I just had my appt and I'm still 1cm, 50% effaced. Same as last week. No progress. Wah

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • 37+4 closed and nothing going on. Which is good news I suppose since next Friday I have a big test to take. 
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MWoodside I'm sorry. That is such a huge bummer! I felt the same when I hadn't changed from last week to this week. I am just praying that tomorrow there is something happening. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh also, I mentioned my leg has been hurting a lot for 3 days. Since I have a clotting issue she is sending me for an ultrasound of my leg this afternoon to rule out a blood clot.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• @MWoodside Yikes! Keep us updated on the ultrasound/blood clot issue!
  • No clot! Phew!

@HGRich, I'm glad the weighted feeding eases your mind.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• @HGRich 2 ounces in just over 24 hours is great. We went for a weight check today and the pediatrician said that they consider an ounce a day good after the initial loss.  
  • Had an appt yesterday. 39+1. No progress being made. My hope of a vbac is slowly diminishing :(
  • Just had my weekly appointment at 37w5d. No change, cervix completely closed. Discussing scheduling induction at my appointment (not actually inducing, just discussing) next Friday so this baby WILL be born by May 7.
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014