1st Trimester
Options

Brown Spotting - LMP 6 weeks+1

Ladies - Last Tuesday, I started to have tannish spotting. Just when I wiped. I called my OB immediately and they sent me for blood work (based on my LMP, I was 5 weeks 2 days). Last Thursday, I went to do blood work again and by Thursday night I was bleeding. Not enough to fill a pad, but enough to scare me! In fact, I wore the same pad from 6 PM to the next morning and only had about 10 drops, no clots. Last Friday, my OB called me and told me my numbers more than doubled but they wanted to get me in immediately for an ultrasound. U/S showed that I had a gestational sac in my uterus, but not yolk sac or fetal pole. U/S Tech said it may be too early (LMP would put me at 5 weeks 5 days at that point). They sent me for more labs. I go again to get blood drawn today and on Wednesday. On Friday I go for another U/S. I am terrified that the baby won't be progressing. I have experienced brown spotting every time I wipe since Friday morning now. Not enough to fill a panty liner. Sometimes it looks a little stringy, but no clots. LMP puts me at 6 week and 1 day today. I have only had on and off sore breasts this entire time. Tired most days. I'm just really scared. This is my first pregnancy. 
Is anybody experiencing this or has anybody experienced this in the past? I'm SO SO SO nervous! I'm worried that I am miscarrying or will miscarry. No cramping really. Back aches every couple days that are very dull and don't last long. I'm petrified with these upcoming appointments this week and have been SO emotional.

Re: Brown Spotting - LMP 6 weeks+1

• Options
    There are a lot of members on these boards (including myself and I am currently almost 20 weeks) who have experienced similar symptoms as yourself in the beginning of our pregnancies, but for a variety of different reasons. Your obgyn is going to be the best person to tell you exactly what is going with your pregnancy, why it may be happening and if your pregnancy is progressing as it normally should. 

FX that everything is normal with your follow up ultrasound and bloodwork. 
  • Options
    Keep us updated 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. I'll keep you updated. Praying for positive news!
  • Options
    I had a tiny bit of brown spotting over the weekend. Spent 7 hours in ER because I had back to back losses that started with the dreaded brown spotting. This time it was nothing, just the placenta attaching :). I have my rainbow baby brewing 6 weeks 5 days ❤ strong heartbeat and moving around like crazy lol.
    Keep us posted please and best of luck!

• Options
    @lizzykitty2005 Thank you for your testimony! It gives me hope. I've been worried sick the past week, especially last week when there was only a gestational sac at 5 weeks 5 days. I know it could have been too early, but of course I went right to worst case scenario. I'll keep you all posted!
  • Options
    The only advice I have is to be prepared for either outcome. I hope that it was just too early to pick up baby for you! Is the spotting increasing?
  • Options
    I would say the spotting has remained the same. Only one day where it was red, but it didn't fill a pad and lasted about 2-3 hours in the evening. It's been quite bizarre and worrisome. I'm definitely more prepared for it to be a M/C. I'll be overjoyed if everything is OK!