April 2017 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 4/8

I almost forgot it was Saturday!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Team Blue, Pink, Green? And name(s)? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms? 

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy?
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 4/8

• Loading the player...
  • @limie what a great birth story
    @carpediem55 BFing around other people can be a bit intimidating. Especially when they are older SSes. When I had Max I just whipped the goods out and did what I had to do, but the boys were really young. DH asked me to cover up and I told him that I refused to cover up in my own home and that it was a natural thing. This go around, if it's just DS, then I'll just be whipping the goods out again. If my oldest DSS (almost 10) is around, then I might consider going to another room, or throwing a blanket over his face. Just because he is getting to that age where he might be getting uncomfortable. Again, if they were my own bio kids, I'd have no issues and they would just have to deal with it!  :D Have you talked with YH to see what his thoughts/opinions are?
  • How far along are you? Wyatt is just over a week old.

How big is baby? Feels like he is bigger than birth weight (8 lb 7 oz)

Team Blue, Pink, Green? And name(s)? blue- Wyatt

Appointments this week? 2 week appt on Friday

Symptoms? My pp bleeding has slowed way down, no more cramping.  Just tired.  

What have you done to survive this week? DH and I are a pretty good team.  I feel like we really rocked it this week, but Wyatt is also a pretty easy baby (other than at night).

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

We have a full price offer on our house.  However, the closing date is 2 weeks earlier than we were hoping for.  We are now scrambling to make plans for us to drive 5 hrs to look at houses.  This also means I will have to drive up for one day in June to check out of both schools.  And we might be homeless for a couple weeks with a 2 month old if we can't get the same closing date in IA when we find a house, so thats awesome.

GTKY: What's your favorite Easter candy? Cadbury mini eggs.  I buy a couple bags after Easter when they are on sale and put them in my freezer.  Then I get them year round!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @wagnerw I hope all works out with your house hunt but I really wanted to say thank you for the GENIUS idea with the Cadbury mini eggs, I always get sad because you can only get them right now and for some reason I never thought to freeze them! 
  • @Taylor72 it is life changing! Stock up!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @KirstinH88 - I expressed my concern with DH and he basically said I gotta do what I gotta do. So far when DSS has been home I've just told him that I'll be feeeding his sister (on the couch) and will let him know when I'm done. And if he walks out that he might see some stuff lol. He understands and it's been ok so far. He's usually in his room playing video games so I'm not really kicking him out of anywhere. However, I feel bad for confining him in his room, so I think I may start nursing in baby girl's room the days he's here. Which is where I plan to do a lot of nursing in the future anyways - it's just more comfortable on the couch right now. I was able to whip it out in front of one of our nieces who is my age and pregnant and not feel totally awkward. It's just going to take some getting used to. 

• @carpediem55 That's good that DH and your DSS both seem supportive and understanding. I'm also planning on nursing mainly in my room or the nursery, but if we are hanging out downstairs, I won't go all the way upstairs just to nurse. Hopefully you all will find a nice, healthy balance. How often do you guys have your DSS?
  • @KirstinH88 we only have him about 3 days of the week, and some of those days he's at school so I will only have to worry about it in the evening. It's not too much of a sacrifice for me to go in the nursery to nurse. Yea, I agree with you - I wouldn't go all the way upstairs to nurse either. Thankfully we have a one story house.