April 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC

Let's hear those flame free Friday confessions! 

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Nolegirl1185 I was going to comment to you on the FB thread yesterday, but you have an amazing husband. Not to bash my DH, but when I was on leave and he was working, all the night baby care was on me. I had to BEG for him to take one of the weekend nights. When I returned to work, the nights were still mostly all on me, but by then, DS was much better. I'm anticipating much of the same this go around. 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    We have a name! We picked one last week and my FFFC is that I lied to my mom and said we weren't telling anyone. She asked me in a text so, I said "yes" but, added "it's a surprise". My husband's parents know because we ran it by them the night we chose. I am not sure who else my husband has told. My sister knows and I told one of my best friends.

@Nolegirl1185 I do this sometimes when my husband is struggling with my toddler. Sometimes, I know the answer but, let him puzzle it out with her so, he feels what I am doing all day. They are not my proudest moments but, she is pretty amazing so, it happens infrequently. I now feel worse reading your scenario because we were ride or die when she was firstborn. He would change her and hand her to me to bf after. He was up every time with us and we would all watch tv until we settled back down. Luckily, she started STTN at 8 weeks. He is amazing though! 

• Options
    @jennielynn+ I did the same thing and I did it last time with DD1 as well. I told my mom immediately about my name ideas and I told her immediately when we had decided. I did it with this baby as well. All other people I have said we are keeping it a secret. I know it is killing my MIL to not know, even though she is being very respectful about it. But we definitely lied and said we haven't told anyone.

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsstuessy we have done the same thing... my parents know but not my in laws and we have told them we are keeping it a secret. We haven't told friends or anything really, just my family because I wanted their honest feedback, but my MIL is highly critical and thinks she gets a vote therefore she doesn't get to know until he is born