April 2017 Moms

Postpartum blues, anxiety, and depression support thread

Though this is an exciting and happy life event, giving birth to a baby can lead to a challenging emotional time. Post your thoughts and needs here so we can support each other. 
DD #1: April 2017
DD #2: May 2020
Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

Re: Postpartum blues, anxiety, and depression support thread

• Loading the player...
  • I was already upset about how long the stay is.. and I was just told were now not leaving until Sunday. I may lose my mind in here.
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • @snarkasaurusrex I'm sorry you are going through this! I can totally relate. Have you tried feeding baby small amount of formula before putting to breast? It might be that baby is really hungry by the time and that's why it may be difficult to get a good latch or gets frustrated. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Everyone keeps telling me how I'm "made to make babies" because they're cute, but I can't birth them on my own and I apparently can't feed them the right way either. Ugh. Breastfeeding is literally the number one thing I wanted for my kids, and I feel like I'm already failing at it again.

This really hit me hard and brought me to tears. It's exactly how I feel, just know you aren't alone mama. I'm so sorry breastfeeding has been such a struggle for you in the past and now. I hope it looks up for you soon, but if not, you've done everything you can and are no less of a mother for it. Hugs!!
  • Everyone keeps telling me how I'm "made to make babies" because they're cute, but I can't birth them on my own and I apparently can't feed them the right way either. Ugh. Breastfeeding is literally the number one thing I wanted for my kids, and I feel like I'm already failing at it again.

This really hit me hard and brought me to tears. It's exactly how I feel, just know you aren't alone mama. I'm so sorry breastfeeding has been such a struggle for you in the past and now. I hope it looks up for you soon, but if not, you've done everything you can and are no less of a mother for it. Hugs!!
    :) Thanks, girl. I keep trying to remind myself that the silver lining is that I have two beautiful, healthy kiddos. And that's a damn shiny lining!

I did call my OB yesterday because I'm starting to feel the way I did before my PPD onset last time, so I wanted her to be aware of it. Might still be the hormone crash and my recent sucky news about breastfeeding, so hopefully I can escape without the PP "crazies" (as my friend and I refer to them as, because we both literally felt insane) this time.
  • @BecNJake I am so sorry that you are having these feelings. Big hugs to you.  <3 I would just hole myself up in my room while visitors were around. Especially unpleasant ones. 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @BecNJake I'm sorry you are going through so many emotions right now and it doesn't help to have so many nosy, opinionated people butting in.  I like KirstinH88 's idea!