Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin 03/22/2017 and 03/28/2017

13»

Re: TTTC Checkin 03/22/2017 and 03/28/2017

• @Kim41313 - I'm sorry. :( 
    @MJDsquared - exciting! :) Apr 25 is not that far! But yeah - I hope you get KU-ed and have to cancel. ;) Even now I think that, sometimes. I'm benched with a cyst this cycle, but I had a + OPK earlier this week, and I was like: "Honey!" DH was like: "I don't think it's going to make a difference, if it hasn't worked to date." but I was like: "well, what if?!" So we BD-ed anyway. Hope is very powerful, even when the odds are stacked against you.
    @SP128 - I know nothing about all the different levels. :(
    @mrswifeytoad - I've never heard of a yearly well woman! Or using a midwife for anything other than labor, actually. Is it like a physical? Also, FX for you this cycle. It'd be really tough to manage the financial aspect of IF treatments while finishing a Master's program - I think you are wise to break everything down into steps, though it must feel like such a grind... I'm just thinking, when I was finishing my master's, it was so tough - I can't imagine doing that at the same time as IF treatments. And seriously, even just a year out of finishing it, I was earning much more - it got me a much better job. Good luck! (ps. I love novels).
    @kaitlink33 - I keep thinking about what you said the other week: After 5 years of trying, I don't have my hopes up anymore and have just accepted the fact we will never have a baby.
    I'm sorry. :( I was reading through to see what you'd done to date... I gather you've been dealing with PCOS and anovulation. Ugh. Part of me wants to be like: "get advice from an RE, see what's next, and cross that bridge when you come to it" and recommend all those programs that do IVF trials or apply for IVF financial grants. But another part of me is like - wow, I can't even imagine how awful 5 years of trying would be, and how frustrating, and how hard it would be to find the energy to keep going. God. Best of luck to you, sending you big hugs, and hoping that whatever happens, you find happiness and peace.

• Had my third hysteroscopy with adhesiolysis for Asherman's Syndrome last week and it went well according to my surgeon, not well according to me (I was way more painful and nauseous post op than previous surgeries). I had a balloon in my uterus for a week or so but now that's out - yay! Not loving this process, but I recently took a vacation (during which we passed our EDD), and I came back feeling refreshed and ready to focus on the positive!

On that note, surgeon thinks that she'll do one more hysteroscopy (expected to be in April) and, if everything looks good, we'll see how my cycle goes and potentially start to TTC. She's been wavering between just starting to TTC while watching how my lining builds up with ultrasound and how AF is, and waiting to TTC until we're sure that the lining and AF are good.
    *TW*

TTC#1 - 6.3.16
    BFP#1 - 7.1.16, (mo-di twins + singleton) due 3.15.17
    MC singleton - 7.13.16 - 5w
    MMC identical twins - 8.5.16 - 8w+2d
    Misoprostol 4x
    D&C - 9.12.16
    Hysteroscopy - 11.21.16 - Retained tissue filling half of uterus removed, blocked left tube, benched for 2 cycles, on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days
    HSG - 2.7.17 - Asherman's Syndrome. Both tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy 2.13.17 - Incomplete adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days. At least two more surgeries needed...
    Hysteroscopy 3.21.17 - Adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days.
    TTCAL #1: 4.24.17
    Hysteroscopy 5.23.17 - Scars reformed. Adhesiolysis. Unsure what to do next...
    Fertility acupuncture - started 6.13.17
  • Loading the player...
  • @weareturtles so glad to hear that your procedure went well! A balloon in the uterus sounds awful! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @weareturtles so glad to hear that your procedure went well! A balloon in the uterus sounds awful! 
    Yeah, it's not my favorite thing. LOL. This is the third time I've had to have it though, so I'm sadly getting used to it.
    *TW*

TTC#1 - 6.3.16
    BFP#1 - 7.1.16, (mo-di twins + singleton) due 3.15.17
    MC singleton - 7.13.16 - 5w
    MMC identical twins - 8.5.16 - 8w+2d
    Misoprostol 4x
    D&C - 9.12.16
    Hysteroscopy - 11.21.16 - Retained tissue filling half of uterus removed, blocked left tube, benched for 2 cycles, on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days
    HSG - 2.7.17 - Asherman's Syndrome. Both tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy 2.13.17 - Incomplete adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days. At least two more surgeries needed...
    Hysteroscopy 3.21.17 - Adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days.
    TTCAL #1: 4.24.17
    Hysteroscopy 5.23.17 - Scars reformed. Adhesiolysis. Unsure what to do next...
    Fertility acupuncture - started 6.13.17
  • @funkykey ice cream parlor!! I’m lactose intolerant, but I splurge on ice cream despite the GI distress it causes, it’s just one of those magical parts of life.

@hoffmanr7 Sorry to hear about your cyst and being drained. I have been there, wine and hot baths definitely help. I’m glad you’ll be doing a cooking class! My new favorite show is The Great British Baking Show, it’s addicting! (I have zero baking skills…..)

@MJDsquared good luck with the RE! It’s nice that you could get an appointment so soon. We had to wait over two months to get in, but we only have one in a 2 hour radius.

@mrswifetoad Yay for ovulating!! Is there a reason why your OB won’t do more than one clomid cycle? FX that you wouldn’t need another one anyway! Have you tested again?

AFM - *****TW******

I’ve been POAS since Saturday and it’s been positive since Monday. I knew we could still have a low beta, but we got the call this morning that at 9dp5dt it was 191! Still anxious for beta#2 on Sunday, since that seems to be the real test and really I won’t feel completely ok until we hear a heartbeat. 

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque Ahhh CONGRATULATIONS! FX so hard it's a sticky one!!!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @PoeMasque congrats!  Fingers crossed for a sticky baby.  

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• *****TW****

I just wanted to check in and give everyone here a HUGE thank you for all of your support and humour over the last few months. It's been so refreshing to share these trials with people who understand.  <3<3<3

I have had 3 beta blood tests now, all doubling appropriately! I am in theory almost 5 weeks pregnant. I'm super nervous, but feeling delighted and trying to think as positively as I can! FX ultrasound is happening around the 19th April. 

FX for all the action happening this month!

****end TW***
    Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @funkykey yeah, it's just a yearly physical, pelvic exam, pap, breast exam, etc. And yeah, my midwife does my yearly physicals. She's the one who got me started with treating my pcos. Love her. Thanks so much for reading my novel! 

@PoeMasque congrats to you!!!
     my OB will do more than one, but I'm hesitant because I've read on TB that unmonitored clomid cycles can be damaging/dangerous. And since she doesn't do the regular us, I'm nervous about doing too many. Also, clomid has a lifetime limit... I've tested several times since, technically I'm not supposed to test for 4 more days... but I test about every other day. 
    ***possible TW***
    Today's clear blue digital was a bfn
    I took a cheap blue dye test 2 days ago and it showed the faintest of positives.... but blue dyes are known for false positives and since the supposedly more sensitive clear blue says negative, I'm not that hopeful. 

***end TW***
    I'm not having any pms symptoms though, so that's annoying... it is giving me a roller coaster of emotions-hope and fear. 

Trigger warning

me: 28 dh: 34
    married since October 2015-started trying immediately
    dx: PCOS, anovulatory
    rx: provera metformin progesterone
    *TW*
    BFP August 2016- early mc- Enoch Matthis
    1 clomid cycle (March 2017)
    BFP March 2017  ~  EDD December 13, 2017
    di/di TWINS!!!!! vanishing twin- Hannah Jordan
    DS-Nov 23, 2017- emergency induction-- Pre-eclampsia
    *End TW*
    BFP Sept.2019

• @mrswifeytoad will your OB do an US between cycles to check for residual cysts/issues? It may also help to ask about letrozole, new research shows it's actually superior to clomid. I don't know the ins and outs of side effects or if there's a lifetime limit on letrozole or not, but it's something to ask about for sure. do you have any pink dye tests?? I had a morning where my test was much lighter than the day before, I freaked out, but tested again in the evening and solid positive....so it's possible you had a false negative too. :)

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MountainLady YAY!!! Congratulations!! So happy to see two BFPs this week!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @PoeMasque and @MountainLady - Congratulations!!
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• We had a little win this week too - SA results came back completely normal :D And my RE appt is tomorrow so I'm a big mixed bag of nerves and excitement.

**TW**

A friend had her baby this week. She also has PCOS and took 3 years TTC, including IVF and a very difficult pregnancy. I am so, so happy for her, but also horrendously jealous :( The bit that got to me though, is that she used our favourite name. She had no idea of course, but it just made me realise the longer it takes, the more chance our chosen names may not be available to us anymore. (and I know I could still use it, but I feel weird about using the names of close friends children)

**End TW**
    TTC #1 since July 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• @funkykey it is hard, especially after 5 years. Granted, this is only my 5th cycle where I will have developed any follicles but it's still so overwhelming and soul crushing. I have been seeing an RE, actually this is my 3rd one. This is my 3rd cycle with this one and if I don't end up KU I have a follow up appt. At the end of the month to discuss further treatment. I'm not sure if he will recommend a higher dose of Femara or just say about moving onto IVF, but we can't afford IVF in even the slightest way especially with renovating our house so if that's the next step then this current cycle is truly it for us. I'm just crossing my fingers that this is it and it's in God's plan for me to have a baby.
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • SP128SP128 member
    @PoeMasque and @MountainLady congrats !!!
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @PoeMasque - CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :)

@MountainLady - Congratulations (again - I think I might have already said so in another thread...) Still am pretty stoked that this cycle ended up working out for you, especially since you thought you'd missed ovulation! 

@weareturtles - balloon in the uterus really does sound awful. But glad your surgeon was satisfied. :)

@Tops - I've had that exact same thought re: my favourite baby names all getting used before I have a chance to use them. DH and I seem to agree on so few! When we got serious, I had to throw out like half of my favourite names... I guess I will never have an "Alec" or a "Naomi". Ugh!

• @PoeMasque I got two cheapie tests from the store today, they are pink dyes. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to wait till I miss my period or test in the morning. 

Trigger warning

me: 28 dh: 34
    married since October 2015-started trying immediately
    dx: PCOS, anovulatory
    rx: provera metformin progesterone
    *TW*
    BFP August 2016- early mc- Enoch Matthis
    1 clomid cycle (March 2017)
    BFP March 2017  ~  EDD December 13, 2017
    di/di TWINS!!!!! vanishing twin- Hannah Jordan
    DS-Nov 23, 2017- emergency induction-- Pre-eclampsia
    *End TW*
    BFP Sept.2019

• @PoeMasque and @MountainLady  Hurray!!
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• @PoeMasque congrats on the BFP! That's great! I am also obsessed with the Great British Baking Show. I hate reality tv shows but this one is just awesome! 

@MountainLady congrats on the BFP! 

@mrswifeytoad yay for the BFP! I hope all of these BFPs are contagious! 

@Tops yay for the normal SA. I'm sure that's a relief! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was supposed to see my RE so that we could discuss my next steps. But my insurance company finally decided to approve my karotype testing (which is good but also scary) so now they want to wait until they have those results back. I'm glad they should have a more complete picture by then but also bummed that I have to wait almost another month. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow nice to see the BFPs in here! Congrats @MountainLady and @PoeMasque! And maybe also @mrswifeytoad (fingers crossed!)

I continue to await the start of the IVF cycle, and am still pretty freaked out by what it may discover or what the future may hold. I've just found it hard to stay positive on this journey and have lost faith in my own body. A weird thing to say but now I understand what people mean by that statement. 
    And I know I'm lucky to even have the chance to try IVF. @kaitlink33 , I am so sorry for your lengthy struggles. I can't imagine the strength you must have to hold on that long.

I have a family wedding following the IVF and am slightly worried about how I'm going to handle it if the IVF doesn't work. My current back up plan is to get ridiculously wasted- I'd be entitled to that! But yeah, the weird head trip of this journey is having to plan and prepare around my own psychological reactions to things! In fact, the emotional preparation far exceeds the medical preparation I've had to do on this journey. I have a few close friends who are planning to TTC within the next year and I'm trying to plot out my 'how to tell me' plan in case we are still TTC by then. It's just such a weird (and sad) situation to be in.

Me - 35 (DH - 33). 
    TTC since May 2015.
    Saw RE in July 2016.
    11/16: IUI #1=  BFN.
    1/17: IUI #2 = BFN.
    5/17: IVF #1. 'long lupron' protocol. E2 = 4800, 'freeze-all', 8R, 7M, 4F, 4B.
    8/17: FET #1.
    Thus far - 'unexplained'.
  • @mrswifeytoad did you test?!? 

@notamyrtle we've been totally open about doing IVF, as in pretty much everyone we know was aware we were doing it. I thought it might be a lot of pressure as it got closer to my beta, but it was actually great to know that I would have a lot of support if it didn't work and I wouldn't have to suffer in silence. 

We had our second beta yesterday and it doubled, so now we wait until the 25th (ugh!!) for an ultrasound. I feel like that is the last, big hurdle and I'm not sure that I'm ready to leave this board until we know there's a heartbeat. So I will definitely be lurking....

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So happy for you @PoeMasque !

I had my first RE appointment yesterday. He seemed quite optimistic about our chances (yay!) - just said the main thing is to get my body to ovulate seeing as hubby's semen sample was excellent (most levels were 3-4 times the normal level).
    He's booked me in for about a thousand blood tests, which I'm getting tomorrow morning, then a HyCoSy (which I assume is the same as HSG). They said they usually only do it before CD12 but they're doing mine at CD16 because my cycles are so all over the place and don't want to wait for potentially months for another chance haha :D
    So fingers and toes crossed that everything is normal, and our next RE appt is on the 15th of May :)
    TTC #1 since July 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"