April 2016 Moms

Random Thread 3.0

Daylight Savings Time is my enemy. Kiddos are having a rough adjustment, and it's all I can do to scrape myself out of bed in the morning. Anybody want to commiserate? Or talk about other random stuff? The board is dead...
kids with flags

Re: Random Thread 3.0

• Missing The Bump ladies! Thanks for starting another random thread.

Where are @korpatch and @Missingchampagne? Haven't heard from those mamas in a while.

Daylight Saving time is also the devil in our house. This does get better right? How long until it gets better!?

Also, why does my child not sleep? We are going on eleven months of up every 2-3 hours.

On a positive note..our LO really is the sweetest, smartest and cutest little thing I think I've ever seen. I sure love being a mom (minus the no sleep thing
  • I actually am loving Daylight Savings because DS was going to bed at 7 and getting up at 5:45-6, and now he's going to bed at 7:30 and getting up at 6:30. We were planning to move his schedule anyway, but then DST just did it for us. One less thing for this tired pregnant lady to deal with!

It makes me sad that the board is dead! I never got my invite for the Facebook group and I feel like I'm missing out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • DST hasn't started for us yet so I don't know what the repercussions are. I'm anticipating more bad than good.

My stint at the hospital and bedrest towards the end of my pregnancy got me hooked on the Bump. I am forever grateful for all the helpful, funny and ridiculous posts that got me through pregnancy and first time momhood. 

@beccamccann DS is still up minimum twice per night. I did pick up put down months ago and I managed to get him to sleep longer stretches. That went out the window when he got sick and/or cut teeth. Now that I'm back at work, my method is 'whatever gets me through the night'. That includes partial co-sleeping and nursing to sleep. *sigh*

Can you believe our babies are almost a year old??!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited March 2017
    I can't believe they are almost one. I have started teaching Rosie to say she's one and hold up one finger... Only two weeks until her birthday. This year has gone so fast!
    kids with flags
  • I'm making the decorations for Callen's birthday party and just looked through all of our pictures of him for one of my projects. It's SO hard to believe how much he has grown over the past year. Also, all the feels looking at the pictures!!! 

@redselig we went through the same thing when Callen was 4-6 months. I was back at work and doing whatever I could to get a few hours of sleep. I talked to my pediatrician about how much I was getting up each night (18 times one night), and he said he believed C was just crying because he knew that if he did it long enough, I would get him up and sleep with him on the couch. After saying I would NEVER do it, we decided to try sleep training. I know it's not for everyone, and it is SO hard - BUT he has been sleeping completely through the night since 6 months. I'm not pushing you towards sleep training at all - just letting you know I've been there and what we did to get some sleep. 
  • g&tlewis said:

@redselig we went through the same thing when Callen was 4-6 months. I was back at work and doing whatever I could to get a few hours of sleep. I talked to my pediatrician about how much I was getting up each night (18 times one night), and he said he believed C was just crying because he knew that if he did it long enough, I would get him up and sleep with him on the couch. After saying I would NEVER do it, we decided to try sleep training. I know it's not for everyone, and it is SO hard - BUT he has been sleeping completely through the night since 6 months. I'm not pushing you towards sleep training at all - just letting you know I've been there and what we did to get some sleep. 

QBF:

I remember our sleep training woes from a previous thread. There are so many things I need to do and try before considering CIO. I still haven't night weaned so I definitely have to get round to that. LO has been sick since he started daycare a month and a half go so there's also that factor. At the moment I'm not a complete zombie mess and all is well if I can get through the day with a morning jolt of caffeine. :lol:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's April again! Can you all believe it's been a year since we were having our little ones?! 
  • I was just thinking the same! Happy birthday to all the 2016 April babies! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't believe how fast this year has gone. I'm pretty emotional thinking about it. Our sweet little baby is not a baby anymore! I miss all of the baby stages but I am looking forward to what's to come. 

@ladylollly89 how are you feeling? All ready for baby #2? You must be so excited!! 
  • @beccamccann Yes! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone! Just ten weeks left now. It's nice that this LO is also a boy and is due only two months later than DS was, so he can use most of DS' things. I feel okay; just harder to move around and keep up with DS the bigger I get! 
    Thanks for asking. :smile: