October 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread (week of 03/25)

2»

Re: Symptoms Thread (week of 03/25)

• Sweating? Anyone else?

I start smelling myself in the afternoons (I HOPE it's just my pregnant super-nose and no one else can smell me) and my armpits are always damp. So annoying.
    This. Inteeense! Dont even have to work out anymore to stink ( too lazy for that anyways!) 
  • @yasa&son (you should take the & out of your name so I can tag you properly, haha!) I just really hope no one else can smell me. I might have to ask a coworker today to tell me if she starts noticing my BO. Lol!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Loading the player...
  • @jessafishy not during the day, but when I wake up in the morning I'm always super hot and sweaty.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • @jessafishy  i have just changed it ! honestly im like u i asked hubby to see if it was not just our hightened sense of smell..... NOT loool :)
  • The last couple days I've just been so angry! For no reason. It's like all the hormones in the world have just collapsed onto me. Small things make me irrationally want to murder someone. I hope this goes away ASAP!

• I am 9w3d with twins.  I promise I'm not bragging, but I've had basically no symptoms yet.  I have had minor headaches on and off the last few days, and I've been tired since week 5.  Honestly it makes me super nervous!  I never even had sore boobs.  Am I crazy to be worried about that?  
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    I didn't get as much sleep as I'm used to last night and I've been gagging allll day. It's been terrible. I haven't really been nauseated, so it's weird and annoying.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Anyone else have excess saliva?! It's so gross! I'm 13 weeks 2 days and my nausea has picked back up recently. Thankfully it's mostly in the evenings, but it's bad enough I'm on the edge of puking (and every time I puke I pee my pants, and not just a little bit...).
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • I am 9w3d with twins.  I promise I'm not bragging, but I've had basically no symptoms yet.  I have had minor headaches on and off the last few days, and I've been tired since week 5.  Honestly it makes me super nervous!  I never even had sore boobs.  Am I crazy to be worried about that?  
    With my 1st pregnancy I had no symptoms until the 3rd trimester, except a slight increase in appetite and a couple of light cravings. In the 3rd trimester it was just more trips to the bathroom, lower back pain ( because of the extra weight), sciatic nerve pain and pelvic floor pains which only came at the very end. I've had slightly more symptoms this time.  
  • I'm also very gassy and constipated. I've finally been able to catch up some with my water intake and not feel so thirsty, although it's easy to rebound. I've had sciatic nerve pain almost every day and pelvic pain frequently as well. My boobs also feel sore occasionally. I've never thrown up, but do get nauseous sometimes. 

My stomach sometimes feels sore and I might get slightly tight pains there, similar,  but not exactly, like I've done too many situps. I've not been working out.  I don't remember feeling this way with my first pregnancy.  Does this sound OK? 
    You're a unicorn. Embrace it. <3 haha

But I totally understand you being nervous. My doctor keeps offering to give me something for my nausea/puking but it settles my mind having all the symptoms (my first pregnancy ended in loss) so I tell her I'm good. haha
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been having bouts of shortness of breath. It's not really an out of breath feeling and it doesn't necessarily happen when I'm exerting energy, it's more of a feeling that I'm not taking deep enough breaths. I talked to my OB about it yesterday because I don't remember this happening last pregnancy, at least not this early.  She told me that from what I'm describing and based on my exam she's not concerned and thinks it is probably hormones causing the feeling. However we need to monitor it because the chance of blood clots is increased in pregnancy and shortness of breath can be a symptom. Now I'm freaking out!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @Colada584 I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. From what I gleaned from Google, progesterone is partly to blame and something about our bodies need more oxygen when we are pregnant and so we have to get used to the deeper breathing.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Help!  So I had the stomach bug Monday night/Tuesday and I've had trouble keeping food on my stomach since.  I know it's MS versus the bug now just off how I'm feeling.  I think it's a I have nothing on my stomach which is making the MS worse and it's just a vicious cycle of trying to remedy that and then losing it all the next morning.  Those who've had terrible MS what are you eating that's helping. 
  • Anyone's siatic nerve hurting yet? Mine has been hurting for the last few weeks always towards the end of the day. Everything I read says not till later in the pregnancy. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • gpullegpulle member
    edited March 2017
    @Colada584 I also have shortness of breath especially when walking outside. Told dr and he wasn't worried! 
  • spark88 said:
    Anyone's siatic nerve hurting yet? Mine has been hurting for the last few weeks always towards the end of the day. Everything I read says not till later in the pregnancy. 
    Yes I have for several weeks now. 
  • @mrs_fogue Lots of carbs! That's what's been helping my MS at least. I eat toast in bed before getting up (thanks DH), and then have usually have oatmeal for a second breakfast, and continued smaller meals throughout the day with lots of carbs.
  • mnajib92 said:
    spark88 said:
    Anyone's siatic nerve hurting yet? Mine has been hurting for the last few weeks always towards the end of the day. Everything I read says not till later in the pregnancy. 
    Yes I have for several weeks now. 

My pelvis is out of alignment and has been for the past 3 weeks.  Major all-over leg/knee/ankle pain, including sciatica. Will be seeing a chiropractor that specializes in pregnant ladies every week for a while.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Anyone else already have insomnia?? For the past 2 weeks I've been waking up at 2 or 3am and can't get back to sleep till 5 or 6am and then have to wake up with my toddler at 7:30. I don't remember any insomnia till the 3rd trimester last time. Ugh at this rate I don't even wanna imagine what the 3rd tri is gonna be like this time.
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Anyone else already have insomnia?? For the past 2 weeks I've been waking up at 2 or 3am and can't get back to sleep till 5 or 6am and then have to wake up with my toddler at 7:30. I don't remember any insomnia till the 3rd trimester last time. Ugh at this rate I don't even wanna imagine what the 3rd tri is gonna be like this time.
    Ive had it for my whole 1st tri! Id wake up around 2am and wouldnt be able to go back to sleep before 6....and would wake up at 8! It was terrible. Its gone now, thank God. Just hope it doesnt come back... 
    Hope it doesnt last for you!! 
  • @yasandson ugh that's awful. Glad to hear their was a light at the end of the tunnel for you. How many weeks were you when it stopped?
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @yasandson ugh that's awful. Glad to hear their was a light at the end of the tunnel for you. How many weeks were you when it stopped?
    It started around week 3 and ended aroun week 12! Noooon stop lol. I wont complain though, im a stay at home mom to be, no toddler to take care of... So i could nap during the day. Really hope it goes away soon for u!!!