1st Trimester

Stomach doing strange things - 4 weeks and 3 days

Hey everyone,

My tummy is doing some odd stuff, and I am slightly worried because this is all brand new to me. Just for a little back story. This pregnancy has come to us as a complete surprise. We did our first cycle of IVF in Oct and found out the first week in Nov. it had not worked. We had made plans to do our FET (Frozen transfer) in January. I was just waiting for my period to arrive this month to start my meds. Well.... yesterday I found out I was pregnant. WE WERE SHOCKED. Now, I'm so nervous because before we started IVF in Oct. We had a chemical pregnancy. I didn't have the same discharge or the same feeling that I do now, but my stomach feels crampy but not like it hurts. Sometimes it feels like pressure that is building in my stomach, and when I burp a lot, it goes away. The cramps don't feel like AF is coming. It's just hard to explain. 

Is anyone else having these feelings? Should I be worried?
Married to the love of my life - 9/12/15
TTC for two years
BFP on 12/15/2016

Re: Stomach doing strange things - 4 weeks and 3 days

• So, it sounds like you're nauseous and/or gassy? That's par for the course with pregnancy. Congrats on your BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2016
    All kinds of strange gastrointestinal things can be "normal" during pregnancy. Progesterone surges in first trimester which slows down your system. Takes longer for your stomach to empty = burping, bloating, heartburn. Will also slow down your gut = constipation and maybe gas. Also I'm a FTM so my uterus had/has a lot of stretching to do so I have had intermittent pressure/cramps throughout. They're normal. Always best to talk to your Dr if worried, but many docs rule of thumb is anything is normal except "pain that doubles you over or bleeding like a period -filling a pad every hour or two" 

Congrats on your pregnancy and remember - if nothing else, you're pregnant today! Try to enjoy it!
  • Loading the player...
  • ^WSS Lots of inner muscle lubing/stretching and hormones doing weird things to the other organs. Bleeding that would fill a tampon and sharp cramps that do not dissipate would be worrisome. 
  • ^WSS Lots of inner muscle lubing/stretching and hormones doing weird things to the other organs. Bleeding that would fill a tampon and sharp cramps that do not dissipate would be worrisome. 
    Just a friendly drop-by to mention if anyone is experiencing bleeding during pregnancy that tampons should not be used, only pads. That being said, @jennielynn+ is correct as far as the amount is concerned.

PP are correct, though. Hormones wreak havoc on digestion during pregnancy. Your uterus is also growing and changing. Some pulling/stretching cramping is normal.
  • Maybe a mixture. Thank you so much. We are so excited. I actually just got my Beta back and it was 372. So... it feels even more real now.
    TTC for two years
    BFP on 12/15/2016
  • Thank you all. I'm over the moon right now. Funny enough, I have been drinking a ton of water today and that seemed to help a lot. 
    TTC for two years
    BFP on 12/15/2016
  • @onedaymom I have had all sorts of stuff you are describing and it's due to decreased intestinal mobility. Basically your body is trying to grab all the nutrients it can for your placenta, so digestion slows down. It causes bloating and constipation. Drink and eat lots of cooked veggies!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • NYTino24 and everyone. I'm hoping that everything is ok. Now I'm having this pain where my leg and pelvic area meets. I'm just falling all apart lol.
    TTC for two years
    BFP on 12/15/2016
  • I'm also 4w3d and yes, gas in general is an issue. I would never have thought that I would experience this much change in such a short time. Its amazing to think what your body is going through right now.

IVF#1 Sep 2016 (4 eggs retrieved, 2 matured, 0 transferred due to DNA breakdown)
    IVF#2 Nov 2016:  Estrogen &  Ganirelix.   Stimming: Loprun, Follistim, Menopur. (7 eggs retrieved. 3 matured. 0 transferred due to PGD results)

IVF#3 Feb 2017: Estrogen priming. Menopur, Follistim and HGH

• Gas, nausea, mild cramping, heart burn and indigestion are par for the course.. the very first of my symptoms!
  • I know that coming from infertility and loss can cause all kinds of fears and worries. You are pregnant today and that is all you need to focus on. All types of abnormal things that you would not experience at any other time are pretty common and normal when pregnant so try to relax and not over think your symptoms too much.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• One of the first things that made me raise an eyebrow was the fact that I was belching like a 50 year old barfly, when normally I never burp.  I mean, I was grossing myself out.  My stomach hasn't felt "right" since week 5, and sometimes letting gas out helps.  Look up "wind relieving pose" in Bikram yoga.  While you can still lay on your back, doing it a few times a day might help; it helps me immensely if I'm feeling gassy or weirdly bloated, just be aware that things might get loud LOL.
  • I am 4w4d and I have been pretty revolting too - I am so damned excited about it though! Lots of cramping (I can feel my uterus lifting), bloating and gas. Never thought I'd be so excited about those symptoms! 
    Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers