July 2017 Moms

What I'm Eating/Craving 3/6

124»

Re: What I'm Eating/Craving 3/6

• I have never before wanted corned beef so much in my life. I've had it once or twice before but it was never really my thing. They had it for lunch at the cafeteria yesterday and I skipped it, and now I'm totally regretting it. So much so that I'm trying to figure out how I can get some today.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I want ALL the breakfast foods right now. I'm still laying in bed (DH is actually still asleep) and all I can think about are Belgian waffles, fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon strips, strawberries, cheesy grits, and turkey sausage. I'm trying to ignore the fact that I will likely end up with a bowl of cornflakes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been craving corn dogs! We went to Disneyland last month and you bet I had one with lots of mustard!! I suddenly can't stop thinking of them since this past Friday. I may just settle for the ones in the freezer isle at the store. 
  • munchkinsmamamunchkinsmama member
    edited March 2017
    @Poppyseed72017 I love corn dogs! I'm not a hot dog person in general but love me a good corn dog, I have settled for mini corn dogs from Buffalo Wild Wings as they are not popular in my area.

ETA I have been craving a hot Mickey Pretzel from Disney World 
  • I just really want a condensed milk matcha latte or a pinacolada, that's all I can think of today!!! Definitely want some condensed milk
  • We went vegetarian and I'm not really missing meat too much.  DH is completely off meat but if I get take-out I might opt for a chicken burger or a wrap or something.  Otherwise, we have a really amazing chip truck here (straight up fries. No poutine, no burgers, nothing.  JUST fries) that has been around for a very, very long time. I'm there at least once a week and I eat a larger size than I used to.  If I could eat a small fry from there every single day, I would in a heartbeat.  I just can't get enough.  As if that isn't bad enough, I usually make the trip back into town later for a peanut buster parfait from DQ.  I knew when the truck opened for the season it was going to be a serious downfall for me.  But ... I eat pretty damn healthy considering the recent vegetarianism so I don't feel guilty about any of it.  I am also drinking a lot of milk which is odd.  I don't not like milk but I just stopped drinking it if it wasn't in my cereal or tea.  I went from buying the 2L cartons back to buying the 4L bags.  Guess baby wants it haha!   

(I say vegetarian but honestly, the technical terms are just way too confusing for me.  We just don't eat meat.  We eat fish occasionally and still regularly indulge in dairy products)    
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • @maybeitsmadeline I always see those but have never had them. They look good but the dough outside I don't get? Would it be close to having cream puffs??
  • @maybeitsmadeline I always see those but have never had them. They look good but the dough outside I don't get? Would it be close to having cream puffs??
    The "dough" is more chewy, not baked like cream puffs. And SO good! (Well, either you love it or you hate it)
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Just had half a cup of Greater's French pot ice cream: bourbon pecan chocolate chip - that's all that was left  :'( It was so good!  I don't like dessert or anything sweet unless I'm pregnant - so this late night indulgence is crazy! And dangerous lol!
  • BusyZee said:
    I just really want a condensed milk matcha latte or a pinacolada, that's all I can think of today!!! Definitely want some condensed milk
    I love matcha!!! The yummiest! 
  • @Poppyseed72017  It's like @mslynn2012 said it's chewy and so yum (if you like it that is)!  It's worth a try for sure!  They have tons of flavors, but strawberry is my fave!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know I'm being super ridiculous, BUT

All day today I wanted a raspberry filled jelly doughnut. Work has been crappy, so I figured I would stop at the store on the way home and grab one to treat myself.
    I came home, finally sat on the couch to enjoy it, took a huge bite, only to realize they put it in the wrong freaking spot and it was lemon custard filled! (YUCK!)

I was so close to tears about a frickin DOUGHNUT it was pathetic. 
  • @LuLiLaEv not ridiculous, I completely sympathize. I did the same thing over King Cake.
  • LuLiLaEv said:
    I know I'm being super ridiculous, BUT

All day today I wanted a raspberry filled jelly doughnut. Work has been crappy, so I figured I would stop at the store on the way home and grab one to treat myself.
    I came home, finally sat on the couch to enjoy it, took a huge bite, only to realize they put it in the wrong freaking spot and it was lemon custard filled! (YUCK!)

I almost cried for you reading that! 
  • LuLiLaEv said:
    I know I'm being super ridiculous, BUT

I would have cried, called/gone back and made a HUGE deal over a donut. So I DO NOT think you're  pathetic 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• I really want a good coconut curry, and I'm allergic to chili (which is in most curry powders). I may have to make a substitute this weekend.
  • @PurplePumpernickel green curry was my main craving in the first trimester, I use Mae Ploy Green Curry and Aroy D coconut milk, it comes out perfect. Since your allergic look into Malaysian style, they are mild, mainly use ginger, cumin and lemongrass, kefir lime  as the "spice" factor  and fish sauce to flavor it! Coconut curry craving is very real!! 
  • BusyZee said:
    @PurplePumpernickel green curry was my main craving in the first trimester, I use Mae Ploy Green Curry and Aroy D coconut milk, it comes out perfect. Since your allergic look into Malaysian style, they are mild, mainly use ginger, cumin and lemongrass, kefir lime  as the "spice" factor  and fish sauce to flavor it! Coconut curry craving is very real!! 
    Thanks for the rec!!
  • I never ate beef prior to getting pregnant, but now that's all I want! It probably has to do with my anemia. 

Anyways, I made Rachel Ray's Swedish Meatball recipe tonight...and they were so good that I'm trying my hardest not to sneak to the fridge and finish the leftovers! Her recipe calls for gingersnap cookies and lingonberry jelly, but I couldn't find the jelly in our local store. The cookies, however, make the recipe. 

I can't believe no one ever told me about swedish meatballs before. I would have gone back to eating beef a long time ago had I known!

To all you Cheeto lovers out there, if you ever get the chance to pick up a bag of these, I highly recommend them: Hawkins Cheezies. They're only available in Canada, but you can buy them online (they're more expensive online unfortunately). If you plan on travelling north of the border, don't forget to grab a bag. They are delicious and kick Cheeto's ass.

• @maybeitsmadeline I love Mochi icecream! I have to limit how often I buy it because I have no self control once it's in my freezer... 
  • Olive Garden breadsticks. Just picked up 6 of them to go and ate them all before we got home. Not even sorry about it
  • I have really been wanting coke or something carbonated, I have been trying to stick to flavored sparkling water but some times I throw into a coke or dr pepper! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @StacyH0507 I try to do the same but a Coke and Dr Pepper may end up coming my way once a month. Pre-pregnancy I was not a soda drinker. 
  • Olive Garden breadsticks. Just picked up 6 of them to go and ate them all before we got home. Not even sorry about it
    @karissa0307 - YES! They are so delicious!!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• On a whim I tried a McChicken sandwich this afternoon... I think its amazing deliciousness must have had more to do with being pregnant than with the sandwich itself but it really hit the spot!
  • mamadcb said:
    On a whim I tried a McChicken sandwich this afternoon... I think its amazing deliciousness must have had more to do with being pregnant than with the sandwich itself but it really hit the spot!
    YASS!!! I have been making my own for that very reason.... elevation burger is across the street from me and H got me their New Crispy fried burger with ... Mayo and lettuce. I was ecstatic. Im still ecstatic (sort of)
  • We ate at Pizza Hut last night because we couldn't decide on what to eat and man, I had a personal pizza with pepperoni and green peppers and I swear it was the exact pizza I had been craving this whole pregnancy without realizing it! The pepperoni was perfectly crisp and the cheese and dough were perfect. I didn't expect this from Pizza Hut, (lol) but now I want to go back.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker