April 2017 Moms

Five Things Friday 3/24

Is it a little late in the game to start this thread? Oh well, hopefully you guys have had some wonderful things going on today!

What is great in life?!?!
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Five Things Friday 3/24

• 1) Its Friday!!!
    2) I'm going out to dinner with some friends tonight. No kids, no DH. Just friends, fun, and laughter. Although I wish I could enjoy a adult beverage, but whatevs....soon enough.
    3) 36 more days!!! (Or less. Less. Less. Less)
    4) I'm planning on taking my DSS #1 and DS out on their own individual dates this weekend. I really need to do it before Samuel comes, so there is the push. If I can't squeeze them both in, then I will at least take DSS#1 and then do DS's date next weekend.
    5) I've felt half way productive at work today, even though I still spent a large chunk of time on TB and FB. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. This week was spring break so that meant my duties at work were lighter all week and today I made some good progress on cleaning out my desk so no one else has to if I go into labor early. 

2. It may be rainy, but it's warm! I'll take it!

3. Had a good 1-hour Skype conversation to catch up with my former college roommate. She lives in PA and we had a lot to talk about between her life and mine and we can always pick up where we left off. I like that kind of friendship. 

4. DH said he wants to go on a date this weekend, even though we had one Wednesday to see Beauty and the Beast. I guess he's wanting to squeeze in as many as possible before baby! I wonder what I'm feeling up to. Wish my appetite was bigger!

5. After three days of being pretty quiet (hence my earlier FB post), Lucy has spent the whole afternoon wiggling around and making me feel a lot less worried about her. Keep wiggling little one! Mama needs it! 

6. My packages came in from my completion discount! We have basically all I wanted to have in advance. I'm lacking in the area of size 1 diapers, but that can wait. 

7. (Feeling ambitious this week--haha!) my parents are back from Jamaica as of yesterday. So I'm no longer worried about having a baby with them out of the country! 

8. DH slipped the baby's name accidentally in front of his parents a couple of weeks ago and I've been trying to get him to let me tell mine since then, since it's only fair. Well he did, and I got to tell them last night after we picked them up from the airport. I have no idea what my dad thought, but my mom liked it. I know my mom has badly wanted to know so I feel better that she finally does. 
  • 1.  DH stayed home from work today to take me to the Dr's for my incision. (It opened up some and is infected. Boo!)  But man I enjoyed the help from him today.

2. I get to pick up all Jordan's gifts tomorrow from the baby shower I missed from being in the hospital.  I'm excited for this so I can figure out what we still need. This shower was a month ago!

3. I'm really hoping to finish the nursery this weekend, mostly anyway, I ordered some stuff that won't be here for a week.

4.  Short term disability is sending me one lump check for my maternity leave instead of smaller ones weekly.  This will be nice, however I have to be super good at budgeting now.

5. I've been having a few parents message me lately not too happy with the sub that has taken over for me.  While I really do not like that for them or for my kiddos, there's a part of me that likes knowing they miss me. I've been enjoying the compliments.  (But not ignoring their concerns, of course!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. I got a pedi tonight.
    2. I'm seeing Dirty Dancing live with my bff tomorrow! DH got us tix for my bday.
    3. Sunday is my mother blessing and I'm so excited. 
    4. It was 76 degrees here in MI today- what a treat! 
    5. I got a milkshake from Steak n Shake on my lunch break.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @Nolegirl1185 If you want to ignore their concerns you should feel entitled to! You are on maternity leave. They really should be bringing that up with your principal, not you. But I understand the desire to make sure things at work don't fall apart.  
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @HGRich what an over achiever this week! 8 things?!
    @Nolegirl1185 I'm sorry your incision is infected. Hopefully it will clear up soon. Also, I agree with @catem07!

• 1) we had dinner with friends we haven't seen in a while
    2) I enjoyed some downtime at Starbucks while DS was at mother's day out... Taking time to myself.
    3) a ton of Braxton Hicks today but I know my body is just prepping to meet LO soon (I'll be 35 weeks on Sunday)
    4) got to have a phone chat with a friend I haven't connected with for 9 months
    5) I ordered DS new swim suit set and look forward in bringing him to the splash pad for the first time.
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @catem07 and @KirstinH88 I actually haven't responded back yet because part of the message said "I wish you would just come back and finish the remainder of her days at Imagine".  This annoys me...I'm trying to think of something to say but everything I want to say is more like "Oh excuse me, I'll just drop off my 3 week old, gestationally not even born yet baby to a stranger so I can come back to work early because your daughter talks during lessons and gets in trouble."  Clearly not appropriate lol, so I'm working on a much kinder response and perhaps contacting my principal so she can handle the parent/sub issues.