September 2016 Moms

Favorite toy/product for entertaining your baby

What is the one toy/product in your home that keeps your LO entertained for the longest amount of time.

Re: Favorite toy/product for entertaining your baby

• Not that I need anymore toys to purchase, but I'm curious as to what your LO's are loving to play with.

My favorite product we have is the fisher price jungle themed jumperoo. It definitely holds my LOs interest the longest and allows me to move around without the baby. Jumperoos are controversial, but I spoke with my pediatrician about it, and she was fine with us using it in moderation. Recently I have started exclusively pumping for LO, and I do not think I would be able to pump if it weren't for this jumperoo.
  • My son loves this thing and it helps him balance when sitting... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EQ00PW8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_aHdZyb34FSGVA

He also like his baby banana toothbrush and stacking cups.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Laraeq I just saw that triangle toy at target yesterday and considered buying it. I ultimately decided against it because we have a similar thing that's a cube that LO has and likes. Its also great for sitting practice.

• jellybiehnjellybiehn member
    edited March 2017
    Omg, I saw this cube as I was out shopping and picked it up after seeing this post this morning. She loves it! Thank you for the recommendation! It really is the perfect toy for sitting up time.
  • Not that I need anymore toys to purchase, but I'm curious as to what your LO's are loving to play with.

My favorite product we have is the fisher price jungle themed jumperoo. It definitely holds my LOs interest the longest and allows me to move around without the baby. Jumperoos are controversial, but I spoke with my pediatrician about it, and she was fine with us using it in moderation. Recently I have started exclusively pumping for LO, and I do not think I would be able to pump if it weren't for this jumperoo.
    Lurking from Oct 16. What did your pedi describe as moderation?  I keep forgetting to ask mine about it but I've also heard they should be limited. Just wondering exactly how long/often that means. 
  • @ladybug2821 Well I told her that he's typically in there for 15 minutes at a time 3 times a day, so approximately 45minutes total. When I did my own research on boards people were saying that moderation according to their pediatrician was 20minutes total a day, which is definitely a lot less than what I do.

She was totally understanding and said as long as it's not for hours at a time it's fine. She mentioned she used to use a jumperoo with her babies as well. I definitely make sure lo gets plenty of floor play time.
  • @jellybiehn glad she likes it! Those songs definitely get in my head "the cube is fun for everyone!" 
  • Right now it is his monkey ring teether and some random teether his dad bought.
  • Dylan is currntly loving his walker or his little flat piano. He used to love his jumper but is less than impressed with it recently. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ohh that piano looks fun! This baby definitely has less toys than my other 2 did. I had gotten rid of everything after my son outgrew it. I might have one of those sit and play type things still though... I should search the attic.
    Today I gave her one of my older daughters Ken dolls to play with because it was sitting there. Ha! Whatever. All she does is chew on whatever I give her anyhow!
  • Ellie loves anything she can chew on! She has a rubber monkey, balls, and one of those banana toothbrush things. She also has one of those pianos that she loves. 
  • @jennlynn777 That's the same one I posted. My
    kid LOVES that thing! 

I also wanted to add another great toy. We leave this ladybug in the car at all times and give it to B only on car rides and he loves it. It keeps him totally engaged for long periods of time. On longer trips, he usually falls asleep holding the ladybugs arms. No other stroller toy really holds his attention except this one.  

• Just wanted to say thanks for the idea on the vtech activity cube. I got it for Molly as she hasn't been sitting much and she has already improved since getting it a few days ago!