1st Trimester
Options

"TMI" bowel movement and spotting

Finally getting better from morning sickness and vomiting I am kicked with a another gross pregnancy symptom of extreme constipation.

I try my hard to not push but the urge is so strong a lilttle push is a must to get it out. Once it's out the toilet is covered with blood, and later there is some brown spotting, I am pretty sure it's from there but where it is in my panties it make me feel like it's from my vag. 

Anyone with similar experiences?

I am nervous and hope things are alright.

Re: "TMI" bowel movement and spotting

• Options
    :flushed: If the toilet is covered with blood after a poop, you should discus that with your doctor asap, because that's not normal.

Also, fwiw, if you're straining that hard it could cause your cervix to spot, but brown spotting is usually nothing to be concerned about if it isn't accompanied by (non-constipation-related) cramping. 

• Options
    Finally getting better from morning sickness and vomiting I am kicked with a another gross pregnancy symptom of extreme constipation.

I try my hard to not push but the urge is so strong a lilttle push is a must to get it out. Once it's out the toilet is covered with blood, and later there is some brown spotting, I am pretty sure it's from there but where it is in my panties it make me feel like it's from my vag. 

Anyone with similar experiences?

I am nervous and hope things are alright.
    Call your doc and ask about some stool softeners! 
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would call your OB nurse line and chat with them about this. They will be able to answer your questions and give you peace of mind.
    Antecdotally, I had a friable (sensitive and easy to bleed) cervix when I was pregnant with my DD. Couple that with lovely pregnancy constipation, and verbatim that's what happened any time I pushed in the bathroom a little bit too- blood in the toilet and spotting- both red and brown. I called the OB line and they told me what stool softeners to get and how to take them. I think I had to give up sex for a little bit too but, after that, I never had any problems. 
    Good luck!