May 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 3.20.17

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

What's your progress or plans for your baby to do list? 

GTKY: What's your favorite game to play as a family? 
Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: Monday Ticker Change 3.20.17

• How far along are you? 30 weeks

How big is baby? large cabbage or 3 pounds

Any appointments this week? Yep, this morning! He's been measuring 2 weeks behind so hoping he caught up a bit.

Symptoms? bloody noses, headaches, hips

Rants/Raves/Questions? Q: Is anyone else getting bloody noses? I had 2 last night that woke me up. I've been getting them for a few weeks. 
    Random: we have our home inspection Friday, so I'm praying everything goes well and we can finally be out of the "are we moving?" limbo. 

What's your progress or plans for your baby to do list? I had a productive week. I increased my life insurance, asked SIL to be the guardian, got the Tdap shot, and bought toiletries to pack my hospital bag. This week, I'm going to make a will. 

With the older folks, I like gin rummy. With the younger ones, we play board games like Settlers of Catan and Powergrid. DH and I are big board game people. 

Happy spring, everyone!

• Good morning!

34 weeks, size of a cabbage.

No appointments. 

Symptoms include some sciatic pain, lots of pelvic pressure, stuffiness.

Raves: had a great time getting away with DH for a couple of days but now I am back in our bed and sleeping so much better! Our bed is much more comfortable that the one we stayed at. 

To-do list: Got little done last week because of our trip but I did get a to-do list together to make sure I don't forget anything (plus I love checking things off) and I switched out clothing sizes for the older kids. This week I want to clean out our van and clean the car seat and install it, and set up an appointment to have it inspected. Wash any baby items, like the swing cover, etc that we will be using, and maybe finally order some photo prints to catch up on baby books.

GTKY: I love Telestrations. It's a little bit like playing the game if telephone but as a board game. There's always good laughs with it.

@kns1988 - I haven't had bloody noses this time but I did with DS regularly. FX on a good appointment and that the house inspection goes well!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Loading the player...
  • Happy Monday Everyone!

Baby is 30 weeks. The size of a cucumber. 

No appointments this week since I am in a training at work all week. 

Symptoms: Difficulty sleeping, achy hips/sciatic pain, also feeling dizzy again

We got all of the bottles washed and nipples replaced this weekend. I also managed to clean out the cabinet where we keep the baby stuff and found some kitchen gadgets that have been missing for a while now. Woo. 

Left ft on the to do list: Buying take home outfit(s) for baby boy/girl, Installing the infant bucket seat, and packing my bag for the hospital

We always played canasta growing up with my grandma. As an adult I love the game dice-capades. 
  • How far along are you? 33 weeks 

How big is baby? Junior tennis racket

Any appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? headaches, fatigue

Rants/Raves/Questions? I keep getting frustrated at how easily I get tired. Makes me feel I am not getting as much done on a daily basis.

What's your progress or plans for your baby to do list? Pretty good progress. Started making freezer meals this past weekend and also started on the baby blanket. 

• 32 weeks!!

Two squashes, although according to u/s last week they were already bigger than the estimated size for this week! But i know u/s can be inaccurate for sizing at this point.

I have an appointment in 1 hour :)

I am so uncomfortable... My belly does this really gross thing where it sticks to the skin on my legs when i sit down (esp at night when i wear a gown bc no pjs fit anymore) and it is like sagging over my lrevious csection scar plus is so extremely full of stretch marks which i did not get last time and they burn. I also just generally ache and have a hard time going from sitting to standing

I do, however, love that my hair is so dry i can go 3 or 4 days without washing (as opposed to my usual one) and my face has really thinned out compared to early pregnancy! Complete opposote of last time where i was so extremely swollen. 

To dos are done, thank goodness since im really no good for helping anymore.
  • How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is babyjicama... which I've never heard of and had to google

Any appointments this week? Wednesday

Symptoms? Upper back pain when I lay down, some shortness of breath laying down, and I have to pee all the time.

Rants/Raves/Questions? My inlaws live an hour a half away and every time we get together, we end up having to drive to them. Seriously. They came here for Thanksgiving and since then we've seen them 7-8 more times and we have to go to them every single time. My MIL wants us to come down this weekend and shes guilting my husband into it. We have SO much to do before the baby comes (finish our half bathroom, finish painting the kitchen, other random things) so we asked that they either come here or we meet halfway. Nope. Neither of those options work for her....

What's your progress or plans for your baby to do list? Well, my shower is on April 1 and there's a lot of stuff on my registry still that we need so as soon as my shower is over, I plan on buying the rest of the registry. Got our completion discount over the weekend so that should definitely help. Right now, I'm trying to figure out some transition clothes for me since almost all of my maternity clothes are for winter and I obviously won't be able to fit into my normal clothes for a while. Our nursery is mostly done...just a bit more decorating to do. We did a childbirth education class two weeks ago and we're doing a hospital tour on Monday. I feel like we've made some good progress. My plan for April Vacation (I'm a teacher) is to make lots of freezer meals.

Scrabble

• Sorry you're so uncomfortable, @Jkp7749, but I'm happy to hear the babies are growing so well!

@chocolatelemons, 7-8 times is a lot of times to drive to them in the past few months. You must give up a lot of weekends. That would annoy me, too.

My appointment went great today. Baby caught up in size and they did an ultrasound, which I didn't expect, and we got to see that he's head down. I'm feeling really good! 

• How far along are you? 32 Weeks

How big is baby? The size of a scooter! These were my favorite in PE class!

Any appointments this week? 32 week OBGYN, I wish it was another US.

Symptoms? Just sore... Keep forgetting I'm pregnant and I can't do my normal things...

Rants/Raves/Questions?  These Childbirth classes are a waste of time!! I was hoping to actually learn something... 

What's your progress or plans for your baby to do list? We went to IKEA and bought the dresser! 

GTKY: What's your favorite game to play as a family? We love lots of games, our goto game is skip bo, in a group I love Cards against Humanity. 
  • @kns1988 - Yay for a good appointment!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @kns1988 Glad you got to see baby and hear that they have caught up in size! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • How far along are you?
    31 weeks. 

How big is baby?
    A foam finger! 

Regular check-up and growth ultrasound on Friday. I'm starting to get anxious for the ultrasound again, hoping baby is making big growth improvements! 

Symptoms?
    My hips are really starting to bother me again. I'm definitely moving much slower and pretty sure I've got the waddle going on now. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Baby needs to stop kicking my bladder! I'm also getting a lot more BH contractions this time which I don't remember with either of my girls. 

This week I'm going to work on buying the daybed for the nursery and finish getting the decor. 

With the girls, they are really into playing Candyland, checkers, and matching games. We try to play a game a couple nights a week with them. 
    With my adult family members we like to play Chickenfoot/Dominos! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • How far along are you?
    30 weeks. 

How big is baby?
    A zucchini...?  

Plain old OB appointment today. I wish I was going to see baby girl but I know I should be lucky for a healthy pregnancy that doesn't necessitate extra ultrasounds. Im mostly curious if she's still head down although I know she has time to flip. 

Symptoms?
    Reflux is killing me. Hips hurt when I'm sleeping although luckily I'm mostly still sleeping well. Some new pain in my pelvic bone area. Not sure if it's my symphysis pubis ...? It's more discomfort than pain but it's giving me a bit of a waddle at times! And lord, my bladder is small these days.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I just feel like the last few weeks have crawled by! It seems like I've been at the beginning of third tri for a month. Maybe I got ahead of myself there for a while. 

Last week I got the closet done in the nursery and put together the dresser so that's looking better! I need wall decor now but that's not the end of the world. I'm back in the thick of school again so probably not a lot of progress to be made in the next couple of weeks.  

I love to play games but grew up an only child and it's not nearly as fun to play games with only 2-3 people. MH is also not the biggest fan. When I can talk people into it I love Euchre (card game similar to Spades, it's a Midwest game you hardly ever hear about elsewhere), Cards Against Humanity, and Catchphrase :) 
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @ShadeofGreen816: my nerdish side is showing hard here but... my family in Rochester, Buffalo, and Pittsburgh would play Euchre with you any day! I have a personal rule that you can't turn down a bower when a bower's up---keeps it extra interesting :)
  • @ShadeofGreen816 Your dr may be able to tell if baby is still head down during her measuring. My dr could tell LO was head down by feeling my stomach last week at 31wks. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @ShadeofGreen816 I feel like time is crawling in the last week or so two! I was thinking "only 31wks? I swear I was 31wks last week..." 

And then at the same time I think "crap! 31wks! Baby will be here soon!" 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @hp_momma that's exactly me. Like wtf. Have I been lying to people because it feels like I was already 30 weeks? I was on sori g break from school last week so while it was SUPER nice, the time doesn't fly by as fast when I don't have things scheduled 7 days a week. 
  • How far along are you? 34 weeks 3 days today

How big is baby? butternut squash

Any appointments this week? had one Tuesday 

Symptoms? right foot has started randomly swelling 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm kinda hoping for nesting to kick in so my home is ready for baby. 

What's your progress or plans for your baby to do list? get my house clean! haha trying though! 

the kiddos really like playing the hungry caterpillar game. hubby and I play battleship