June 2017 Moms

March Madness?

I know we have quite a few ladies who followed college football and NFL, anyone doing brackets for march madness?  Or have a team they really want to see win?  
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: March Madness?

• I couldn't care less about basketball, but I am doing a bracket because...competitive.
  • @Stankonia2014 that's the only reason I care is because I like doing the brackets!  If it wasn't for that I wouldn't watch (well other than FSU  ;) )
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a huge Duke fan, but I haven't had time to follow this year AT ALL. So, so not prepared. I filled out a bracket anyway. It's a family tradition. 
  • I'm an IU grad, and let's be real...we'll never win a bracket again.  So...no bracket here.   **wipes away the tears of many "rebuilding" years**

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• I haven't watched March Madness since Ohio University made it to the Sweet Sixteen in 2012. I like when my school messes up brackets. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not a basketball fan, but I will watch when my Alma Mater makes it in. We don't make it in very often, we did this year but are already out, so that's it for me except for highlights because the last minutes of these games are usually intense.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• I'm a big college basketball and Kentucky fan. March madness is ridiculous around here. My
    bracket is pretty much in the gutter already but the most important thing is watching UK and we will follow the other local teams like Louisville as well. This is Dh and Ds last year for March Madness.
  • \\//illanova grad right here!  Praying for a repeat!
  • sejicasejica member
    edited March 2017
    If I had had my act together I would have made a bracket challenge for our bmb, assuming I could figure out how to keep it as anonymous as possible so as many people would feel comfortable playing.

We do a family one every year and I'm super competitive. I have never finished out of the top 3 (out of 20ish) and all but one year I have had the most correct picks, or been tied for most. (Our point based system rewards gambling on underdogs/upsets, so it is possible to get enough points on a correct upset to make up for missing more total matchup outcomes.)

This year, until Duke lost I had all my elite 8 teams intact, but it looks like that affected everyone equally, so still doing pretty well. I try to pick with my head and cheer with my heart, so I 'correctly' picked my team to lose to Michigan :( .

ETA: my pick is Arizona to win it all, not that that's what I want, just what I thought most likely to happen, based on bracket and matchups. I wanted Louisville to win it all, but considered that functionally impossible barring a massive bracket collapse, so, not surprised. I wouldn't mind a UK win, or a UNC win, and a Xavier win could be fun with how this has turned out so far, but unlikely.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • University of Wisconsin grad here.  The Nova game was amazing!!! Sorry @kmd0501
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bergberg member
    I am in a bracket with about 75 people.  I don't follow college basketball and pick based on things like my SIL went there or that school sounds better.  The only one that I will continually root against year after year is Nova (sorry @kmd0501) regardless of how good they are supposed to be.  Luckily for me my bracket has excelled due to my bias.
  • Anyone else excited about Duke's loss???? Just me? 

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • My bracket is shit!  :s
  • @Stankonia2014 mine is awful too.  Ughhhh hahaha
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• My bracket is a mess. DS is doing better than I am (but then, he did choose South Carolina over Duke). 
  • Duke and Villanova... ughhhh
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Heck yes I was loving Duke's loss even though it hurt my bracket. Have to update with this years March Madness picture of dh and Ds after U.K.win against Wichita State. 

• merrylea said:
    University of Wisconsin grad here.  The Nova game was amazing!!! Sorry @kmd0501
    There were 30 seconds left when we landed and the whole plane cheered when they won!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @Allybiery yes!!!!!!! I'm a Tarheel fan and DH is a huge UK so we agree on one thing = Duke SUCKS. 

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Gamecocks! 
    Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
  • Ugh, my bracket is looking ugly right now, but thankfully everyone above me in our work competition had either Duke or Villanova winning. I have Arizona so I am hoping they can make it happen! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • onaedonaed member
    I have UNC winning, the rest is basically a bust 
  • onaed said:
    I have UNC winning, the rest is basically a bust 
    Same!
  • I went to bed because of my 10k and the Gators were losing by 10 so I missed the end of the freaking game. 

Holy crap! 
  • @Mother0fDragons I almost tagged you about that!  I hate them still of course  ;) but it was a crazy ending to the game!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• I have Kansas winning the whole thing and they are getting beat pretty bad right now so if they lose my bracket is dead.  I mean it is pretty bad now, but they aren't pretty much my only team left.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @Mother0fDragons Badger alum here- it was a such an exciting game. But holy crap!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, my 11 month old has a perfect championship lineup, so there's that...