September 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 3/20

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 3/20

• @amandarene112   DH and I moved to Baltimore shortly after getting married, and you would have thought the sky was falling down.  All we heard about were terrible stories of people being raped, murdered, assaulted.. you name it, we heard the story.  Thankfully we didn't have DS until we had been there for about 4 years, but we *still* had people ask if we were moving now that we were having a baby.  The funny part is that, yes, areas of Baltimore aren't the safest places to be.  Yes, I had my GPS stolen after accidentally leaving it in the window, and two sets of bikes from our garage.  But, I loved it.  I loved my community, the way it was walkable to food and entertainment, the miles of biking/ walking paths, and the parks.  All the things you don't think of when you move to a city.  I hope you enjoy NYC, I will never regret having lived in a big city.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ColoradoHiker I lived in Baltimore with my ex for a very short while about 7 years ago. I thought it was pretty dangerous where we lived. The first night in our house my exs bike was stolen from our backyard. Our friends lived a couple streets over and a dead body from a drive by was thrown on their front steps. Another time a girl a street over had her throat slit by a guy that was shoveling her drive way. Now, it could have been the neighborhood we were living in because it was "transitional" but I was more than happy to leave him the house when we got divorced! I do miss the crabs though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks @cmar1006@sarahufl@ColoradoHiker! We've always been city people, and have wanted to move to either San Fransisco or NY for awhile now. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we live in the city for a very long time. And ColoradoHiker, I've been to Baltimore a few times, and sure, there are rough parts, but there are some lovely areas too, just like with any city. 

• Woke up yesterday with my internet not working. They cant come til tomorrow 4pm-8pm...add to this i have like ZERO service at my house sooo internet hasn't been my friend lately...hence I've been MIA. Blahhhh
  • I'm not sure if this is a GRR at my blood, my doctor, the lab or the universe.
    So we got the panorama test done and everything came back fine with a healthy baby boy except we then discovered they only tested for one microdeletion instead of all five (still billing the full price of course) due to a mix up in paperwork at my doctor's office. As soon as it was discovered the doctor talked to the lab and all was fixed, they would do a new blood draw and just do one overall charge. Except, I got the results back today that this draw didn't have enough fetal DNA. 
    So, I get to do a third blood draw for it and I'm a bit freaked out that the DNA amount decreased but it wasn't very much different, just enough that they couldn't​ test. But. Grr. And now, when I should have had everything back at 13 weeks, I'll be almost 16 weeks before we get the results.
  • My complaint for today is that someone backed into my BRAND NEW car this morning at the parking lot for my commuter train. I literally got the car on Friday. I had already parked and gotten out of the car and then this woman insisted on backing into the spot next to me and hit my car and scraped it. Fortunately I was still around to see her hit it, so I was able to get her information. Her excuse: "I was distracted. I'm usually good at parking." Maybe you shouldn't back into a parking spot between two cars if you're distracted! Especially when there are plenty of other open spots in the lot...
  • We had our announcement photoshoot on Saturday and posted the pix on Facebook on Sunday. I put it very clearly "CASSANDRA COMING 9/2017" and 2 of our props were a baby sized floral crown (haku) and cute white baby doll shoes with a flower on the toes...and people keep asking me "what are you having?" and "when are you due." Please read! 
    Also...what's also grinding my gears: teenagers. It makes me sound so old at 33, but seriously. What the hell is wrong with teens these days. I was at Disneyland last night (passholder), sitting and waiting for the electrical parade, and these 3 girls in front of me just had no respect for personal space. They knew I was behind them because they kept reaching back or shimmying back and hitting my feet or legs. At one point, one of the girls laughed so hard and so loud, she threw her head back so far she almost reverse head butted me. I told her, "woah! watch it, please." and she said, "oh." and i proceeded to make a barrier motion around me and said "personal space. please learn to respect it in public." i'm totally not a confrontational person. but I could have walked away with a broken nose. No apology. Nothing. Sigh...end rant. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @FutureBabyLMom daaaaammmnnnnn what a terrible situation. glad that these babies have somewhere safe and loving to go to tho!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @rhubarb123 ahhhhh id be livid!!! so sorry that happened to you. Why do people feel the need to park riiiiight next to cars? My husband took a picture of his car one time in a completely empty parking lot at work and the only other car parked right next to his. Like really? 
  • Adding to my MBF...we have cats. DH was gone the first trimester so i had to change the box with gloves and a mask. DH has been home for almost 2 wks...and still has not taken over litter box duties despite all my "hey the litter box needs to be emptied" remarks and the fact he said he'd do it when he got back. I'm quite frustrated that I've had to do it. He did clip kitty nails this weekend...a task he has been petrified to do for 5 years lol. Baby steps? (He was so cute talking to the cats while he clipped the nails tho haha) 
  • @labby18 uh oh...are we not supposed to clip their nails while pregnant???? i mean it makes sense because their little poops can get stuck in there, right? DH has been good with the litterbox...but only have i remind him at least 3 times  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ohheyitskristine
    Oh no nails are fine i just said he needs practice clipping nails for when baby comes...he rolled his eyes and did it.
  • My bitch is my dh decided to start a fight with me 5 minutes before I have to go to work. We hardly ever fight and he said hurtful things. I left the house in tears with him saying "I didn't think you would get so upset". So the I got to think about it all day and get madder and madder. It is 8 pm now and I have basically only answers questions when he had attempted to talk with me. I am on the edge of just exploding. I am not sure what I am madder about what he said or the fact that he decided to start this topic right before I walked out the door. I feel like he intentionally ruined my day. 
  • sugarrushsugarrush member
    edited March 2017
    My bitch is that I am hormonal AF right now.  Ive been sick all weekend and on Sunday I just sat there and cried and cried and cried, which didn't help the congestion.  And I walk in the door to work today and have 3 people coming at me with things, when I'm not even at my office yet, saying "I need... I need.... can you?... can you?"  Well how about this -- can you give me FIVE EFFING MINUTES to get in and at least put my coat down?????  Maybe grab a cup of water before I start doing shit???  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @labby18 oh ok! DH and I usually tackle their claws as a team because they are just so wiggly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jessieR358 Baltimore definitely has bad areas, don't get me wrong.  Where did you live?  I was in Bolton Hill, next to MICA, and maybe a mile from the zoo and Druid Hill Park.  Bolton Hill was patrolled a lot by the MICA (art college) security vehicles, though.  But we also didn't live that far from blue light areas, either.

• jena333-2jena333-2 member
    edited March 2017
    Ugh. Tuesday bitchfest.. It looks like my insurance is NOT going to cover the Panorama testing, that I have ALREADY DONE. Something about "it not being proven quality?" to the tune OF FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS. I am freaking out. We haven't gotten a bill yet, I just happened to log into my insurance portal. Supposedly the doctor has to submit paperwork proving it has scientific basis, and if they believe it maybe they will cover it? W.t.f??
  • @jena333 omg thats a lot of $$$$   :#  I sure hope his paperwork changes the story.
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @jena333 my goodness 5K? I hope they get it all sorted out for you. 
  • Yikes! @jena333 my friend had that happen to her and she called the insurance company and the lowered it to $500 
  • @jena333 I hope you're able to get it sorted out. I really hate insurance sometimes, and especially the lack of clarity in how it works.  If I have something big like that which needs to be done, I call them ahead of time to make sure it is covered.  My insurance doesn't cover the genetic testing unless there's medical reason, like advanced maternal age or soft markers from the 12w ultrasound.  I hope your doctor's paperwork does the trick!

• *snip*

My insurance doesn't cover the genetic testing unless there's medical reason, like advanced maternal age or soft markers from the 12w ultrasound.  I hope your doctor's paperwork does the trick!
    I'll be 35 before the baby is born, the doctor said it would be covered, and the insurance nurse I spoke to (United Health Care assigns you a nurse) said because of the age it should be covered. Ugh. I will call the insurance company soon. I don't have the mental energy to deal with them now. Ugh.