March 2017 Moms

Postpartum Symptoms, Issues & Other Fun

124»

Re: Postpartum Symptoms, Issues & Other Fun

• @npaulie tucks will help with the pain for the stitches/tearing. Also warm sitz baths! For my first I had 8 stitches and a bad tear and it took two weeks for sitting not to hurt. This time I didn't tear as bad and it still took a little over a week to be not in constant pain/pressure down there. Alternate the ibuprofen/Tylenol. Personally I was taking more than the recommended amount for ibuprofen but that's because the doctor said I could if the 600mg wasn't enough (just said if I took 800 to not take anymore for another 8 hours). Make sure you're taking the correct amount too - most polls are 200mg and if you're only taking two that's not enough sometimes for pain control. If it goes too much longer though definitely get checked out again to make sure you didn't pop a stitch. Sorry you're still feeling crummy though. 

@CanadianintheSouth we feel like we're enjoying infant hood much more this time too! Our first is 7, which is easier and harder than toddlers. It took us five years to have this little guy so we're soaking it up. And even though I doubt my fertility returned yet with our pumping schedule we're already trying for #3. If I could freeze this time I would. I freaking love babyhood. 

Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• Is anyone else getting 2 hours or less of sleep per night?  My daughter is 16 days old and she has no problem sleeping during the day, but she will not sleep at night.  I've tried white noise, music, rock n play, pacifier...nothing is helping.  I'm sooo tired!  
  • Loading the player...
  • @kris523sydney yes! I worked nights though so I expected this. He has his days and nights reversed completely. Right now he isn't sleeping either though and is cluster feeding - we're up every single hour to eat. It's exhausting. 

They say babies start learning day/night around 4 months old. Eventually you'll have a routine down too and baby will take appropriate cues. Just take it one day at a time and sleep when she does. Easier said than done I know. It does get better though. 
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• Thanks.  It was easier with my first because I could sleep when she slept.  But now I have a toddler to take care of, so I can't sleep during the day.  
  • @kris523sydney can you try a sleep suit? I see them on amazon and they have great reviews? Not sure if it would work but maybe something to look into?
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• I haven't heard of sleep suits, but I will definitely look into it!  Thanks.