August 2017 Moms
Options

Saturday Ticker Change - 3/18

For mamas with due dates of August 5, 12, 19, and 26

1. How far along are you?

2. How big is baby?

3.  Any upcoming appointments this week?

4.  Any  new symptoms?

5. Rants/ Raves/Questions? 

6. GTKY: What is your dream vacation?

Re: Saturday Ticker Change - 3/18

• Options
    edited March 2017
    1. How far along are you? 18 weeks!

2. How big is baby? Artichoke. 

3.  Any upcoming appointments this week? No, just under 2 weeks until the A/S

4.  Any new symptoms? I haven't felt the need to nap the last few days! 

5. Rants/ Raves/Questions? Nope. Not today. 

6. GTKY: What is your dream vacation? National Geographic's Around the World. So many places in 24 days. But it cost over $80k/person so that's not happening in the near future, or maybe ever lol
  • Options
    18 (+1 today)
    2. How big is baby?
    An artichoke/sweet potato
    Anatomy scan this week! Staying team Green but I'm so excited to get a thorough look at him/her. 
    4.  Any  new symptoms?
    Feeling more movement, it's the coolest feeling!
    Rant: I still don't look pregnant yet, just a little chubby. I wouldn't say it's bothering me because I know I'm pregnant so that's all that matters, but people keep asking me if I'm showing yet and seem a little disappointed that there is nothing to see haha
    Rave: So excited for the A/S this week
    Bora Bora, somewhere I can sit in a little hut, sleep, and drinking cocktails. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrsashworth522 that trip sounds amazing! It has half of my travel bucket list...maybe after retirement 
    @WineAndDogs I would love to go to Bora Bora. A friend of mine went for his honeymoon and spent more on that trip than on the actually wedding ceremony and reception. The photos were amazing. It's on my bucket list too! But first I need to win the lottery. lol 

1. How far along are you? 17 weeks 

2. How big is baby? Pomegranate 

3.  Any upcoming appointments this week? Thursday for a routine appointment. Random question...does your partner come with you? My DH has come to the last 2 appointments. He really loves hearing the heartbeat. There are a few things that I want to discuss with my doctor and I would be more comfortable if he were not there. I don't want to deter him from being involved but I don't think he needs to come to every appointment, right? 

4.  Any  new symptoms? I really popped this week. I can feel my uterus when I bend over, laugh, sneeze, or cough. It feels really tight and hard. I haven't felt any movement yet (anterior placenta) but I know it's coming soon. 

5. Rants/ Raves/Questions? I had to reschedule my AS due to a work conflict. Now it's at 21+3

6. GTKY: What is your dream vacation? I absolutely love the Olympics and would love to go to Toyko in 2020. Traveling with a three year old would be tough but I'm crazy and up for the challenge. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    @BlackNYellow That's so sweet DH comes with you. Mine came to all the first tri appointments, then I basically told him not to come to the quick check-in appointments. We also have a home Doppler so he can listen to the heartbeat whenever. He'll obviously be at the A/S. Maybe you could tell DH that you appreciate him coming with you, but would rather him only be at the "important" appointments. I'd be honest and say you have some awkward questions that you really don't need him to hear. You never know, he might be relieved!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @secicc12 thank you! I have mentioned that but I will probably have to be a little bit more persistent this time. I don't think he will be relieved, I honestly think he is coming to have an excuse to leave work early! lol Hopefully once he can start to feel the baby kick it will become more real and he won't feel the need to come to every appointment. 

• Options
    @BlackNYellow my DH only comes to the appointments that have an ultrasound. He did the same thing with the first pregnancy too. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    DH loves to hang out so every appointment is an excuse to go out for lunch lol 
    I would just be honest and tell him that I would like to have a private talk with the OB. 
  • Options
    @bumpybump @LivLew He likes going out to lunch too. :P And my DH is so thick, he is probably not going to get it. lol I'll update later on how this goes...

• Options
    @BlackNYellow My DH is the opposite he will not be at any of my appointments.  He would probably come to the 20 week ultrasound but it is 1 1/2 each way plus appointment time, so it will just be me.  He also said the ultrasounds don't really do much for him it is more feeling the baby that helps him bond.  So maybe when you get to that point he won't want to be at the appointment as much.

19+1

2. How big is baby?
    mango

Anatomy ultrasound Monday and a regular doctor's on Tuesday

4.  Any  new symptoms?
    nope

My appointment Monday is in a City an hour and half from us and I am so excited to go shopping while I am there.  In my town the only store we have is TJ Maxx and the next closet city has a Target and Khols.  I can't wait to shop in some other stores for once and I will be all by myself.

I am pretty lucky but I already have had my dream vacation. DH and I spent a year traveling around the world a few months after we got married.  There are still a bunch of places I would love go and we would love to spend another year traveling. But I am satisfied with what we have already seen and done everything else is just extra.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    18+1
    2. How big is baby?
    Artichoke 
    Nope
    4.  Any  new symptoms?
    Nothing new just always tired
    I am so tired of the cold weather!! We've been so cooped up. 
    I would love to visit Australia or Ireland.
  • Options

2. How big is baby? Pomegranate 

3.  Any upcoming appointments this week? We have our monthly checkup this afternoon. Hoping that we get to see the baby again, but it will probably just be blood work. We have our A/S scheduled for April 6th! 

4.  Any  new symptoms? Nope. Feeling the baby moving around in there more and more. It's especially noticeable in the morning when I lay on my back. Even starting to feel it when I put my hand over my stomach and feel the movement against my hand. Hoping that my DH can start to feel it soon too. 

5. Rants/ Raves/Questions? Not really. Everything is pretty status quo at the moment. 

6. GTKY: What is your dream vacation? Even thought I've been to Italy a few times, I would love to go back with H. He's never been to Europe and I know he would love it so so much. My favorite part of Italy is the Amalfi coast and I would love for us to take a trip there together someday. 

• Options

2. How big is baby? pomegranate

3.  Any upcoming appointments this week? none this week 

4.  Any  new symptoms?  no

5. Rants/ Raves/Questions? Rave: excited to start feeling the baby move more and more.  
    Rant: Why am I still so tired?  I've noticed that I've started to not sleep that well at night and do a lot of tossing and turning.  But I still have zero energy throughout the day.  I have all these plans to do stuff in the evening after my kiddo goes to bed but all I want to do is lay down and go to sleep myself!

6. GTKY: What is your dream vacation? A trip through Europe.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 19 weeks (+2)

2. How big is baby? Mango

3.  Any upcoming appointments this week? None this week 

4.  Any  new symptoms?  So.much.discharge.  and a stomach bug since Friday that's kept me running to the bathroom. Blah.

Rant: this stomach bug is the worst. I woke up yesterday feeling ok, so I thought I was in the clear and pigged out.  That came back to bite me in the ass, and the bug came back worse than before.  
    Rave: I don't like my in laws, but they saved me today by taking DS all day so that I could stay in bed. Huge relief to not have to chase him around while I'm sick. 

I want to stay in one of those little huts in Tahiti or Fiji.  Have a Pina colada in my hand all day. Mmmm.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    18wks 2d (today)

2. How big is baby?
    artichoke 

No, just saw midwife last week. AS on April 3rd

4.  Any  new symptoms?
    increasing appetite followed by inexplicable need to sleep. Kind of scary actually. 

Happy to report the AFP test results came back and all is great! 

Somewhere tropical
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Hi!   It's been a while since I checked in!

20+2 as of today'

2. How big is baby? Banana!

going to see the midwife, had my as last week!

4.  Any  new symptoms?
    just fatigue fatigue fatigue-we close on our new house on Friday and between packing and my twins I'm exhausted!!

I'd like to go to Africa for several months and visit as many countries as possible!

• Options
    @thistle8677 I feel the exact same!  I am so hungry at night and just want to go
    to bed at like 7pm!  
    Last night I went to the pantry at 9 looking for something to eat only to not be appetized by anything so just went to bed. I woke up so hungry!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker