Infertility
Options

IVF Dos & Don'ts

2»

Re: IVF Dos & Don'ts

• Options
    @Spaniard unfortunately none of my follicles had eggs and we won't be doing another round. Considering donor but we have time to make a decision since we are no longer in a race with my eggies! I originally was at Reproductive Partners but my doctor moved to SD Fertility and we followed her. Then I found out I could switch to my husband's insurance and be treated at the military infertility clinic, which saved us a lot of money. IVF cost $4k all inclusive through the military clinic and they ended up refunding us almost all of it - we would not have been able to do that with RP or SDF. 

Im sorry you are feeling uncomfortable, the injections are terrible. Your symptoms will subside but then you'll get a whole host of other ones. I'm praying you'll only need to stim for 8 days! When do you have your next ultrasound? I don't think a cold will impact your cycle, but maybe ask at your next appointment. It could also just be allergies, there's a lot stirring up in the air here in San Diego right now! 
    Me: 37 / Hubs: 42
    TTC: April 2013
    DOR: AMH .3 - 1.31 (it varies); FSH: 5.1
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
    IVF #1 Sep/Oct Microdose Lupron Protocol - IVF cancelled only 1 follicle
    IVF #2 Feb/Mar Antagonist protocol w/estrogen priming - 0 eggs retrieved (empty follicle syndrome) 
    Donor Egg Cycle as soon as we find a match
  • Options
    @mandasand thanks for the quick response. That is so lucky about the IVF cost, as it is a life savings sucker. Good luck with the egg donor, wish you the best!

next ultrasound is tomorrow with blood work...I will ask about these symptoms and report back. I must confess I have no idea what stims is (?), but if is that time under menopour injections (?) now my calendar says 14 menopour injection days, starting garinelix tomorrow or Tuesday.

Thanks again for the good advice! Ian spending the day laying around the house all covered in blankets trying to avoid getting sick...I'm so paranoid with this process, all the ladies posting sound like pros in IVF, I feel like a total newbie, scared and confused with the process...I can't wait for results too, never ending waiting...

thanksagain
    Me: 38 - DH:43
    TTC #1 since Aug 2014 (wedding night)
    dx: unexplained (low motility not helping)
    rx: Clomid 150 & IUI (third round) All BFN
    currently working on ivf#1
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Soooo... has anyone fallen pregnant while having or not having sex during IVF stimming/transfer or after ER? 
  • Options
    @sharbrad25 Usually medications during stimming and transfers help make sure you don't ovulate, so would not fall pregnant during. I assume on a non-medicated transfer cycle, there is a possibility of it happening. But I'm sure as in all things in life, it's not always a 100% guarantee, but less likely to happen. Plus, you are monitored around ovulation time for transfer cycles, so they can make sure things for that cycle happens as they should with no surprises. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    I am new here. And I just found this post. Was lovely reading all these comments? I remember when my friend had IVF she was asked to drop alcohol or caffeine. She was literally caffeine addicted. It was really tough to deal with her. But she dropped it to one or two. I found so many questions above. Making me feel crazy. Care has to be taken at each point. Either before or after the transfer. Best wishes and baby dust.