September 2017 Moms

PGAL Check In 3/15

2»

Re: PGAL Check In 3/15

• How far along are you?  15 weeks, 3 days

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) Mentally, starting to get super anxious about our appointment next week. We are doing our gender scan before my midwife appointment, so we are taking my 2 year old daughter. I'm just terrified of getting in there and something being wrong with the baby. Physically, I feel good. Feeling pretty bloated by the end of the day, and still tired and wanting to go to bed early. But otherwise, no other symptoms except some frequent constipation, ugh. 

When is your next appointment? Next Wednesday, March 22. Gender scan and then 16w visit. 

What's the next pregnancy related thing you're looking forward to? 
    Knowing the sex, so we can start planning if the baby can share a room with daughter or if we need to convert the "office" into a bedroom for a baby boy. Also looking forward to our news being public. Right now, we've only told immediate family and my boss. Waiting until after gender scan to announce to the world. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I was honestly hoping I'd start showing a little sooner -- to give me comfort that the baby is growing. But I have a tilted uterus, so I wasn't obviously pregnant until closer to 20 weeks with my daughter, and it looks similar this time. If I wear something fitted, I look bloated. But I don't think I actually look pregnant yet. 

GTKY:  Are there any high prices baby items you have your eye on? I would love a Dock-a-Tot. It seems like such a good idea and such an easy way to transfer baby from a pack-n-play/your bed into their crib one day. But they're nearly $200...basically for a pillow. I'm trying to figure out if my mom and I can just make something similar with fabric and pillow stuffing. 

NBR GTKY: Lets talk purses. Do you carry one? Big, small?  Do you like them expensive, or just from wherever? 
    My usual purses are average tote-bag size. Now that my daughter is 2 and doesn't require quite as much stuff, I usually just stick diapers and wipes in my purse whenever I'm out with her. I have a few nice Coach purses that I've gotten at the outlet, but otherwise, I get my bags at Target, etc. 
  • @missykhamvongsa Jealous!! My travel is cut off mid May!!! It looks awesome though! I already made fast passes to see Rivers of Light in Animal Kingdom!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Loading the player...
  • @LaceyC1020 & @missykhamvongsa question about Disney. Do you guys have LO's? We have a 3.5 year old and trying to figure out if we should take her before these babies come. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyC1020 @missykhamvongsa

I have a DIsney question, too. :) I haven't been since I was 10 and DH has never been... we really wanted to go last fall, but his work messed that up. Is it worth us trying to go in June before kids? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I LOVE disney and go to disneyland every year... i'm skipping this year tho but will go again next year after the baby is 1... so excited for baby's first Disney trip!!!

on another note... i had a HORRIBLE miscarriage dream last night... ugh literally the worst dream i've probably ever had in my life
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • How far along are you? 15+1

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...)
    I'm good! Can't be believe I'm this far along. Physically, RLP has started when I cough or sneeze (grrr allergies!) AND I have sore boobs and am still tired. When does that energy come again?  Also, my boobs can touch finally. What? Before pregnancy, I could fit my whole fist between them. DH's birthday is tomorrow - happy birthday to him!

When is your next appointment? Next Friday 3/24

What's the next pregnancy related thing you're looking forward to? 
    Gender real party tomorrow!!!! I'm so excited!  It's not fair that my bff knows and she hasn't said anything to me all week. What if she's disappointed cuz it's not what she thought??? Ah. Lol I know she's not disappointed. But I really wonder what she's thinking as she keeps to herself so she doesn't spill the beans!

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I think I need maternity pants. And new bras. Hello boobs.

GTKY:  Are there any high prices baby items you have your eye on? 
    Try everything but a crib. I really want the Baby Jogger City Select Luxury version. And a halo bassinett. And I need to make our cloth diaper set. Oh boy.

NBR GTKY: Lets talk purses. Do you carry one? Big, small?  Do you like them expensive, or just from wherever? 
    I like larger purses and.. they always have a label. I can't wear regular purses from kohl's or walmart or target. Idk what it is. I can tell a quality difference and it bugs me!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 I forgot about the Halo Bassinet... I'm really wanting that, too! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oooooh...I've never seen a halo bassinet before, but I really like that! *adding to wish list*

• @HollyGolightly09 Personally, I think yes. But I absolutely love Disney. It'll be way different with a baby. Definitely fun, but just different! :smile: Just be sure to stay well hydrated when you go!! It'll probably be roasty toasty outside! 

• TW maybe? Babe is fine.

Had increased spotting yesterday morning around 10:45, that coupled with cramping and back pain, I freaked out and called the dr. She said come right in. Our boy is fine, measuring properly and a heart rate of 149. The tech said it's too early to tell, but if my placenta is right on top of my cervix, then I can look forward to this throughout the pregnancy. With the breathing room of 24 hours, I know now that I totally over reacted. My pgal brain just went into overdrive. It was scary. I'm not upset with myself for freaking out, but yeah, definitely over reacted. Probably won't be the last time.

Everything I'm reading says uterine stretching causes cramping (my best friend says he's just renovating and expanding "the mansion"), and starting about now my center of gravity is starting to shift, causing back pain (I'm 14w4d).

Anyone else crampy and achy and just feeling super uncomfortable?
  • @jena333 I'm sorry you freaked out, but I'm glad your little guy is fine! I am also feel crampy and achy and super uncomfortable. My lower back is killing me, I'm cramping on an off, but they aren't period like, just general cramps, and all the muscles in my abdomen are sore- I swear I can feel them stretching. Sometimes I also get an odd sensation in my abdomen and belly. I don't know how to describe it. It doesn't hurt, but it doesn't feel like anything I've ever felt before. This this is the part no one talks about, but I wish they would- how many random cramps and aches and pains you will get throughout. I know now that they're normal, but I wish someone would have warned me ahead of time!

• @jena333 Ditto on the aches and pains train! Low back aches, random weird feelings/cramping/stretching in my abdomen. It freaks me out too, but I keep reminding myself that a lot is changing in there! :smile:

• @jena333 I'm sorry you had the scare, but I'm happy to hear all is well with your LO. Lots of backaches here, and ab soreness (kinda feels like the aftermath of an intense ab workout) 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @jena333 glad your little guy is doing good. I have had some aches and cramps. Drinking water sometimes helps mine. That and taking deep breaths. 
  • Tw *Had a nightmare about having bleeding and losing the baby. Now I can't sleep and feel super anxious*
  • Tw *Had a nightmare about having bleeding and losing the baby. Now I can't sleep and feel super anxious*
    Oh no that's the worst!!! Go away bad dreams!! I pray you were able to fall back asleep and get some sound sleep!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @sugargirl1019 thank you. I slept some but continued to have weird dreams.  I have had way more nightmares since I got pregnant or maybe I just remember my dreams more. 
  • @hopefulmommy1980 I think weird/scary/vivid dreams are tied to pregnancy. I've had a few things pop up on one of my apps for it and it seems quite common. Having said that, it doesn't help the emotions you actually go through during and after the dreams! I'm so sorry your vivid dreams are on the nightmare/loss side of things. Those dreams are the worst... <3

We told our friends (who are like family....we have Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter dinner together and a potluck every couple of months in between since we're all overseas with no family close by) last night, and it was SO FUN. I made a chocolate layer cake with chocolate icing on the outside, but the two icing layers between the three cake layers inside were pink and blue. I always do dessert, so they thought it was so fun that I made a "baby cake" lol. A few of them knew ahead of time (2 I purposely told because they're in long term relationships, so in case they were sensitive to a public announcement, I gave them heads up and one because she was there early and went straight to the fridge and saw the ultrasound picture we missed when hiding all the baby paraphernalia we had scattered throughout the house! lol)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @jena333 Dang, show me where to get 16 chairs for $353! Not a terrible price! :p Fancy dining room chairs?? Haha dream you is silly.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @jena333 that is an interesting dream. I like that Betty white made an appearance 
  • I have this unbearable emotional pain today. I just miss my 2 previous babies so much and it just kills me that I'll never be able to know them. I can't stop crying today. 
  • @heatherwilson321 so many hugs mama.   <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • All the hugs :(
  • @heatherwilson321 I'm so sorry you're having a rough day... take care of yourself, it's okay to cry. (Hugs)
    Pregnancy Ticker