February 2017 Moms

Weekend plans

In an attempt to keep the board going, I thought we could amuse ourselves with our weekend plans. You can wow us and brag how perfect it went, or entertain us with how it went so wrong lol
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekend plans

• I'm going to the grocery store today (if I find a good time to leave) I'll have to take Austin, it could go ok, or just be awful.... other than that I have no plans.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wait, who are these marvellous and together women who have plans at this stage in the game???!? My 'plan' is to keep the baby alive and maybe put on pants. Maybe.

My husband works 7 day stretches, so unfortunately his first week back at work is still going on. 

We actually have our first weekend trip planned in a few weeks: we're going to see my in-laws and I'm dreading it. I had to put my foot down and insist on a hotel: we're telling them it's because they're divorced and would otherwise insist on us spending one night at each house, which would be too stressful with an infant. But really it's because the last time we saw my FIL he totally shat all over my parenting, showed he'll only listen to boundaries from my husband, and generally views my baby as an object and toy for his amusement. So I refuse to sleep under the same roof until he can respect me.

Anyway, this is a total divergence from the topic of the thread (except it is a weekend plan- just not this weekend). But if anyone has any tips about travel with a 2 month old or trying to make narcissists with mommy issues* respect you, I'm all ears...

*seriously, my FIL got along with me just fine until I popped out a kid. Now I'm seeing this whole other side of him.
  • Loading the player...
  • @poetryandoceans no advice, but the hotel is a great idea. That way you can escape if need be and have some space to decompress. 

My plan is to sit around and watch March Madness all day.  And I need to run to Ulta and Target (sans baby). Prettttty exciting these days.....

Last year at this time I was nursing a terrible hangover from St. Patty's Day. Oh how times have changed.... 
  • @leslie1331 you reminded me that I put my favourite lip gloss through the wash! A virtual trip to sephora is now my plan for when baby finally goes down for a nap!
  • You guys, we left the baby with a babysitter (one of our best friends, so not really a "sitter") for the first time last night. We went to see Beauty and the Beast and baby slept the whole time. I swear I thought I was gonna puke the whole time I was so anxious. 
  • @kswiger06 I liked it! Surprisingly I wasn't all that into Emma Watson as Belle, but the dude who played Gaston was perfect. So glad your shopping trip went well!! I'm not brave enough to take Elliott out by myself yet, although the wearing him might be the trick. What kind of wrap do you have?
  • @poetryandoceans my advice for travel with a 2 month old is to start making a list of things to pack and tape it to the front door.. that way.. as you're leaving the house... you can double check your list. 
  • @BourbonBiscuits I have a moby. I also have a ringsling, but this morning I wanted to burn the ringsling lol... I'm definitely more into wrapping.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited March 2017
    I haven't attempted a grocery store run alone with the baby yet either. I have a Moby and plan on trying to take her out in it once I can figure out how to use the dang thing. I can never get it tight enough.
  • We went to the grocery store today and I wore LO for the first time. I don't think I'd be able to do it by myself yet because my fiance had to help me get him in the Ergo.

Tomorrow we are seeing a lot of family! Birthday party on my side and we are seeing my in laws for the first time since Wyatt was born since they were in Florida. I'm a little nervous about all the germs and touching though 
  • Ive been to the supermarket a lot with cora on my own, i generally go every day to try and get out of the house. I generally put the car seat onto the pram frame, push it with one hand & carry a basket in the other so can only get a few bits & pieces but it works for me. Generally the baby will be sleeping from the being in the car for 5 mins on the way there so ive found it quite stress free. If i need to do a bigger shop i wait til the weekend when my husband can come with me & push the trolley & carry the heavy stuff.
  • We went to see a LC today. Ridley's latch is actually doing much better since I first made the appointment. we got some pointers on things to make it easier on us but mostly it was reassuring to learn he's getting plenty of milk. We did a weighed feeding and he's taking about 4oz of milk. We also found out about a Mom group that meets at the hospital weekly so we will check that out on Monday!

no plans for tomorrow yet. Maybe a grocery run! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• So this was unplanned, but I can report a successful use of the water wrap to shower both baby and me. We went for a long walk in the carrier, and we both ended up soaked in either his pee or my sweat or both... a shower was called for and it was so easy to get us both clean! I didn't hair wash, though, but at least I now smell good. It's going to be a regular occurrence when dad is working , I think
  • I haven't attempted a grocery store run alone with the baby yet either. I have a Moby and plan on trying to take her out in it once I can figure out how to use the dang thing. I can never get it tight enough.
    The first time I wrapped my moby, I tried to do it exactly as described, but it was way to loose. Instead of holding the moby "tag" at your belly button, hold it up higher, like just under your boobs and aim to keep it up that height when you finish wrapping...

wrap around like normal, but when you drop the tail pieces down the front, and cross them, pull on them downward as you wiggle your shoulders and make sure the front piece is snug, it's probably going to bunch up, but that's ok.

Then wrap them tightly around your waist, again up higher than your belly button. By the time your baby settles in, the stretch will give enough that she will be snug, and secure. (All this if you are wrapping her in the newborn hold)  when I did it the recommended way, it drooped too much, it needs to be pulled pretty tight to hold them up properly. I actually Google checked to see if I was wrapping it too tightly, so don't be afraid to get it nice and tight.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Gretchypoo I found if I faced the spray, so Theo was facing away from it, he got very little in his eyes. The rest I controlled with a face cloth. But he doesn't mind water in his face, and I wasn't using any soap higher than his eyes - just a quick soap down for the two of us. If your baby minds a little water, or you need a good clean, I wouldn't use it. I bought it more to take him to the beach a little later on, but it was sitting in the closet, and we both needed a wash, so I figured why not?
  • @kswiger06 thank you!! I'll have to try it again your way.
  • We were lazy around the house today and probably will be tomorrow too. I'm going a little stir crazy but it helps on days H is home. It's been cold and gross here and I'm still too worried about taking Amelia out around the germy public while she's still so young (she's going to be 3 weeks this Tuesday)
  • That's exciting @GlitterDragon I hope the day goes well for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kswiger06 said:
    That's exciting @GlitterDragon I hope the day goes well for you!
    Thanks girl :)