November 2017 Moms

Fitness Friday 3/17

What are your goals this week?

How did you do with last week's goals?

What are you eating this week?

GTKY: Why do you exercise?

Re: Fitness Friday 3/17

• My goals this week is to walk a lot each day. I'm not tracking steps but am hoping I can get atleast an hour or so of walking if not anything else per day. I also want to enjoy my vacation so will indulge on desserts but goal is moderation so will try and share them with DH rather than order my own. I think if I keep this up for the next 10 days I'll feel good about myself and can then go back to hitting some cardio. 
  • Loading the player...
  • What are your goals this week? Keep up with my workouts 5 days a week (I've been doing 30 minute workout videos on and off for a few years, so I figured I would just stick with them while I'm still up for it).

All the food. Luckily I'm not really feeling nausea or aversions, so I'm focusing on eating really healthy while I can - lots of fruits and veggies, beans, whole grains.

Ugh. I HATE exercising, but I love food even more, so I do it to keep my weight (at least a little bit) in check. Also, I do like the way I feel when I'm fit, it's just always a struggle to convince myself that I actually want to go do it :)
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• What are your goals this week?
    Work out at least 4 days during the week 
    Last week I only worked out 2-3 times but this week I'm back on track!
    Ive been doing good with eating a good amount of protein and veggies but last night at dinner just nothing sounded good at all so my dinner was calamari and chocolate mouse... ugh, I'll eat extra veggies today!
    1. Because it's the only thing that helps me maintain my weight (after 30 metabolism sucks) 2. I always feel so good afterwards and I can tell a huge difference in my attitude and energy level when I consistently work out
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Actually exercise. I've been avoiding cardio but doing my moves. Need to get back on track with the cardio!

Sickness and storm hit us, so poor. I did accomplish all of the moves in a challenge I am in so I did something!

Whatever isn't nailed down. So hungry this week. I need to get some snacks for my desk at work so I don't hit up the vending machine.

Because it makes me happy when I complete an exercise. I need to continue throughout pregnancy. I developed preeclampsia last pregnancy and I just want to do my best in keeping my blood pressure down (even though I know it's a crap shoot and out of my control and I can develop any condition) 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Continue to get 30 mins. X6 days a week in and rotate in more strength training. My hip is bothering me this today though (I have a lot of hip joint issues, had surgery 2 years ago) so I may need to adjust this week. 

How did you do with last week's goals? Great! I even added in a prenatal workout video! 

What are you eating this week? Sticking to grilled chicken and salads for lunch, except my eat out day which will be a turkey burger. Trying to workon more veggies...not a fan.

GTKY: Why do you exercise? Relieves stress & anxiety  and an overall sense of well being.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This could be a silly question but core exercises are okay while pregnant right? I'm so scared to do anything to hurt this little peanut!
  • @safinn21 my dr has always said it was fine. But it's definitely something to discuss with your dr.
  • @safinn21 agreed with @heatherdubrow, I'd ask your doctor. The ladies here gave me great info on pregnancy-safe ab exercises but my doctor was pretty insistent I not do ab workouts since I hadn't been doing them regularly before I got pregnant.

• @heatherdubrow @DuchessOfCambridge Thanks! I'll probably avoid the planks for the next few weeks and add it to my list of questions for the Dr!
  • @safinn21 I am doing a prenatal video and they incorporate some modified planks with the excercise ball and/or on your knees. But definitely ask your doctor. I plan to as well. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Short run 3x and yoga 3x

Made it!

Are really well all week, using myfitnesspal to make sure I'm getting enough calories  (still breastfeeding twins) and that they're the right calories but tonight I rewarded myself with dark chocolate ice cream!!!!

GTKY: Why do you exercise? It's a meditative thing for me, clears my head and love the endorphins 

I had hoped to get a few workouts in, but only managed to workout once (yesterday) due to a late work schedule. 
    But general goal: 3-4 workouts on the elliptical of at least 30 minutes

Didn't have any, so couldn't fail!

Varies way too much to recap. But generally healthy with lots of veggies and lean meats.

I have found that my mood and stress levels are much better when I exercise. So I try to do it for that simple feeling of it being a mood booster.
  • @jess0211 I like your fitness plan! I need to add strength training.
  • Made my goal of working out 5 days. Next weeks goal will be the same but now that I have a sch will probably try to tone it down a little.  My insanity workout video might not be a good idea! I think I'll do more piyo. Nausea has let up and food aversion not so bad so going to try to eat a little less carbs this week. I've found working out helps with the exhaustion so I just need to keep powering through when I want to sleep!
    same as last week - gym 3x plus a long walk/hike on the weekend

not great. I think I jinxed myself last week because the morning sickness has absolutely kicked in. I made it to the gym twice and did a yoga video at home, but barely made it through bc I was too dizzy. Yesterday I spent the whole day in bed and could barely walk our dogs!

I'm trying not to Eat too much salt or sugar, but it's tough since those are the things helping with my nausea!

I feel so good when I'm in shape! It helps so much with my mood and just overall energy. Really missing that right now with the MS!
    My goals this week are to get back into the swing of healthy eating and getting some exercise in. We've been in Italy for a week, so even though we walked 10+ miles everyday, the healthy eating thing did NOT happen. :) Gelato everyday!

See above.

Sticking to a green smoothie for breakfast, and paleo meals most of the time after that. Just trying to focus on wholesome, natural foods.

I exercise because I love it! I plan on incorporating more cardio (probably walking or elliptical or swimming) and continuing to do strength training - just not lifting heavy. I also belly dance, although my dr. told me I have to stop that at 12 weeks when I get my cerclage. *SOBS*