June 2015 Moms

is your LO off the bottle yet?

2»

Re: is your LO off the bottle yet?

• We are on bottle. And the worse is that she refuses to hold it. So here I am at 17 months holding her own damn bottle. We have lots of different sippy and straw cups and nothing interest her. We do have a speech issue so I think that plays a role. 
  • Nope not yet. I've tried I don't know how many type of sippy cups. I'm not going to hear the end of it by his pediatrician. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @beemaya83 good luck. My LO is off the bottle but not the boob and I'm kind of getting nervous about weaning but I suppose in due time they'll get there. I know when I was lititle I would open the fridge to get my own bottle out (so I've been told!) so imagine I was still using a bottle at year and a half.
  • @ciennah99 that is hilarious!!! My LO, is so difficult. He has cried for 3 hours until we cave. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• beemaya83 said:
    @ciennah99 that is hilarious!!! My LO, is so difficult. He has cried for 3 hours until we cave. 
    Sounds like he's just strong willed. My daughter is too, they know what they want and let us know it!
  • Same my son cries so bad to the point that he throws up. Yeah I'm not in the mood to clean throw up at 3a.m. so I give in. 
  • March 17th and still on the bottle.... My latest excuse is that I'm 8 months pregnant and I just can't handle one other stressful thing I need to take care of. We did try again a few weeks ago and the kid cried and cried for at least one hour, so we caved. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Don't feel bad, we are on the bottle. If I starve her for like 5 hours she will take half of a honeybear cup. 
  • My daughter is 20 month and will take a cup or sippy cup but at night time will only take a bottle.  Any thoughts on how to break her of this.  If I give her milk in a sippy cup she just throws it on the floor and says bottle.
  • @tmmichala If she taking just the one bottle at night that's a win in my book! Maybe once she is in her two's you can break the habit. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• So after a serious conversation with DH, tonight is day 1 of getting Lo of the bottle once and for all. It took us 1 hour to put him to sleep. Let's see how middle of the night plays out....
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @beemaya83 how'd it go? My LO is not on the bottle but like I said in my other post still on the boob. Tonight she was saying "icky booby" but then still wanted to nurse. Who knows what that was about. Also I know I was using a bottle til two or so. I'll have to ask my mom how they got me to give it up. Maybe she'll have some tips for you all.
  • @ciennah99 better than expected!! Day 4 and there is no going back. I threw the bottles away. This forced hubby and I to stick through it. Nap yesterday was a disaster. Bedtime yesterday and nap today so much better!! I notice he sleeping a lot longer at night. He was still having 1 feeding with bottle, but we cut that too!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker