Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester Check-In: Week of March 13th!

2»

Re: 1st Trimester Check-In: Week of March 13th!

• edited March 2017
    Hey ladies! I had my first appointment with my OB today after graduating from RE. I think I am going to miss the clinic, because everything seemed so fast paced and rushed. I think he is a great doctor though, and he told me that he likes to be very straightforward, and if there is anything that worries him, he will communicate it to me and not hide things. Hearing this made me feel so much relief, because that is something I actually worry about. I don't want things to be sugar coated to spare my feelings, so this will be a good fit! Also, he gave me his personal cell number that I should call if i have any issues after hours or weekend. Other than that, we had our scan, and I am measuring just a few days behind, but he said it is probably due to the angle, but its not something to worry about. My blood pressure was low, which could explain why i keep getting light headed. He said the heartbeat was great, and we took a cell phone pic of the ultrasound. The ultrasound was interesting. I couldn't stop laughing because my uterus currently is shaped like a penis, and he said is probably due to gas/bloat. It is part of the reason he had difficulty measuring the little lady. I have been so gassy the past few days so it makes sense, just an unfortunate shape! :D
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChocolateIsLife ahh hi baby girl!!! So exciting! I'd laugh too haha :) I see my OB in a few weeks, while I'm excited to "graduate" I also miss the extra checkups to see the bean! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ChocolateIsLife so exciting!!! That shape is amusing... Lol 

How far along were you guys when you graduated and started going to the OB? They haven't really told me that yet.
  • @ChocolateIsLife omg I laughed out loud when I saw your photo! Too funny.  Glad you graduated! I know the OB is a different pace...lots of waiting, but it sounds like your dr is nice and caring so that's good! Bonus you get his cell! 
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm glad you ladies laughed at it too!  :D

@Polythene Pam Those extra checkups make a world of a difference for my sanity, so I will be missing them! It's a good feeling to graduate though.

@Gatorgirl2009 9 weeks was when I graduated to OB, and I can stop my meds at 10 weeks, but I'm not sure if its the beginning of week 10, or at the end of week 10. Will need to check up on that with the clinic next week. 

@emgem819 He is a nice doctor! I am so surprised that he gives his cell number, but he prefers it instead of having us go through the nurses because generally speaking, the nurse on call will try and not bother him over the weekend, but he would rather hear what is going on first hand. He said that most of his patients are responsible with it, and only gets true emergency calls for the most part, so that is great. Is the ms improving with the meds? 
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gatorgirl2009 after they saw the heartbeat, so 7 weeks. I'll see my OB at 9 weeks then :)
  • Hi ladies! I hope everyone is having a great March Madness weekend  

1. How far along are you?  12 weeks 2 days 

What is your EDD?  9/28

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Boob tenderness and smell aversions are still going strong. Kinda new this week is feeling a fair amount of pulling sensations in my lower abdomen. Also bloated and hungry ALL the time. I get lightheaded going up flights of stairs, too. 

3. When is your next appointment?  NT scan on 3/22. I'm really anxious for it. I think ever since losing the twin early in this pregnancy I've been terrified of something else going wrong. I just want so much for this baby to be safe and healthy.

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  We've shared the news with family, close friends, and a few people at work so far. I think we'll make it Facebook official next week after the NT scan, which will probably involve a photo with my dogs since I feel too gross and bloated to pose for a cute picture.

QOTW: Is there anything that you are enjoying indulging in now that you are pregnant? I have craved carbs a lot lately and am certainly indulging in that more than I normally would. I really want to start dialing my eating habits back in once the second trimester hits, though.