March 2017 Moms

Weekly Bitchfest (3/13)

2»

Re: Weekly Bitchfest (3/13)

• Thinking of you @direwolfmini you are doing a great job with your babies. They are so lucky & blessed to have you as a mommy! 
  • So I had my baby on the 10th. He's been absolutely wonderful, and I couldn't be happier about having him. However, I've developed a problem that I for some reason wasn't expecting: my milk came in yesterday. I had been marveling at how you could almost see my boobs growing all day. Then last night I took off my bra while getting ready for bed, and apparently I had been leaking milk all over my bra and my very sensitive nipples got stuck to the fabric. Peeling them off was just so not fun. I wore a gray t-shirt to bed last night, and the milk bled through my shirt onto the white sheets and now I have gray stains on my sheets because some of my shirt's dye transfered.  :s 

I'm formula feeding my son, so I just really want to tell my boobs that their services are not required. I expected some swelling and some pain, but god, I was not expecting the non stop leaking.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ShannonJ96 I was thinking of starting a bottle/formula feeding thread... maybe I'll do that. I'm surprised no one warned you about that! The keys for drying up that milk is wearing a tight fitting sports bra (wearing pads to get the leaking milk) and making sure when you shower that hot water doesn't hit them. It's not so fun.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • So, I ordered a new breast pump from Edgepark and got it a few weeks ago. Now insurance billed me $250 and have said that they won't cover it because I got a new one less than 36 months ago. I don't want to pay 250 when I already have an old one that still works, so tried to return it. Now Edgepark is saying that breast pumps are nonreturnable (have not used it yet because baby is not here yet) and that they sent it because my insurance company already approved it (which they clearly did not). Wtf!
  • @mecoats sorry your sister delivered your news for you:( good luck today and just think you'll be holding that precious baby soon! 
  • Good luck today @mecoats!!  Sorry about your sister.  That's the worst.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @EnglishTeacherMama I'm SO sorry that that happened!  If it's been a week I think you're either in the clear or close to being in the clear, but that would also make me so livid if it happened to me.  

My husbands family also swarmed our apartment after our babies were born (didn't bring meals and expected to be waited on).  It drove me mad, and the hormone crash did not help.  They all came in from out of town and wanted as much time together as possible, but it led to everyone wanting snuggle time with cute sleeping babies and NO ONE being remotely helpful.  I had a csection and a rough vaginal delivery and the next weekend people were asking me for something to drink and letting me clear their plates/load the dishwasher. And toddlers showed up without anyone bothering to ask me if I minded.  Their idea of 'helping' was offering to give them bottles...I'm breastfeeding and I was occasionally giving them pumped bottles but my husband and I wanted to be the ones figuring all of that out! Ugh I could go on about my in laws for hours. 

I hope you little one stays healthy!  
  • Finally caught up on reading a bunch of threads but don't have time to reply to all the things I want to... so I'm coming here just to vent about DH's family. They swarmed to our house (about a dozen people) to meet our newborn--and bring meals, so they had good intentions--but his grandpa and our 4-year-old niece started coughing ON MY NEWBORN so I had a minor breakdown and "hid" my baby in our Moby wrap, saying that he was getting fussy and that was the only way to calm him down. Then I didn't have to share him with any other germy people.
    It's been a week and my MIL just let us know that both of them have PNEUMONIA. Aaaaah my poor tiny baby! I think he'd show some signs by now if he'd gotten sick at all, but UGH... people suck... I definitely approve of any of you who decide to lock down your house to visitors. It's not worth the risk/stress, especially when people with sick symptoms don't have the common sense to not touch (or COUGH ON) a brand new baby. :( 
    Ohmigosh!!! Not ok! So glad your LO is not showing any signs of illness. I was 100% psycho about germs with my first baby and will be the exact same with this one. I'd much rather have the emotional stress of people being offended or mad at me than the emotional stress of dealing with a very tiny sick baby. Easy decision.
  • @anonellis Thank you! And oh man, I can't believe they left you with EXTRA chores after all of that! My in-laws don't drive me as crazy as many of the stories I've read on these boards, but I'm currently really offended that they exposed my newborn to so much.

@Ivorytower2 Yes I am now going to be psycho about germs too! I'm hoping that the colostrum antibodies I gave him those first few days were really powerful, since I'm around student germs so often, haha. My poor baby :( 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• @EnglishTeacherMama I can't believe someone would come to your house and hold your baby knowing that they had symptoms of sickness!  I would have lost my mind if that happened!  Even if it is family and they mean well it is still a brand new baby with no immune system!  SO glad that it seems like your LO escaped the germs!

@anonellis That sounds incredibly frustrating!  I'm sorry your family was so unhelpful!  I just had a conversation with my parents last night about how we don't want anyone staying at our house when we come home from the hospital...it was super awkward but my mother stresses me out SO much on any regular day I spend time with her there is no way I could handle her being around 24/7 with a brand new baby!

My bitchfest is that my coworker had to leave work today because her 16y/o son bent his toenail backwards....not kidding.  He called her to tell her that it happened and she ran out of work so fast you would have thought that he told her he accidently amputated it!  This particular coworker also has to leave work any time her son calls from school saying that he doesn't feel well and she stays home from work anytime he is sick.  HE IS 16!  Why do you have to stay home with him?  My mother would have laughed in my face if I told her I couldn't go to school because I bent my toenail the wrong way...that is just ridiculous.  Oh and every time she leaves I get stuck doing her work for her because I'm the only other person that knows how to do it.  I guess I'm not leaving early today.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Oh my god. So due to digestive issues, I had to switch my son's formula back to what he was on at the hospital. He seemed to be doing really well with it at first, but I just got violently HOSED with puke. This wasn't just a little bit of spit up. This was a volume like that scene in Scary Movie 2 where the guy and the possessed lady keep puking on each other. He doesn't seem to actually be sick. In fact, the puking put an end to the half hour meltdown he had been having. So I don't know what to make of this puking.
  • @ShannonJ96 sorry you had that experience! I had to supplement formula with DS1 and it was hell. To find something that works with them isn't easy and unfortunately it is trial and error. The thing is most babies have issues for several weeks regardless of type of formula and then all of a sudden one "works". It's not that it works necessarily its that the babies gi system finally matures and starts to work. Hope that you find something that works for you guys soon!

@EnglishTeacherMama the rage I have for your inlaws is real. Who exposes a child like that?!? How rude!! You're right though if anyone has a good immune system to pass on it would be you!! Hope your little guy is good. 

Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• BurrberrymumBurrberrymum member
    edited March 2017
    Oldest DD had a couple appointments leading up to the birth of youngest DD and her nurse practitioner specifically asked me if she would be taking on the new LO, so I said I would love that if she can. She said she can and just to register her as soon as she is born. I had the receptionist telling me her nurse practitioner is not taking on anymore patients. I explained to her that the prior week she told me herself she would take on the baby and knew my due date, which she replied, she told everyone she would take them on and now she's full. Either way someone at the health center will be taking her on but I find it extremely frustrating to be told something one week prior and to be told by one of the receptionists that no she can't take her. Had I known this I could have looked into different doctors and it makes it difficult to have to see different people for each of my kids, instead of having one nurse practitioner see them both and know our family/history. 
  • @datalover13 my DD likes those weird videos too!! She is so obsessed with them I hid the iPad indefinitely. She found them by clicking on the recommended videos when I put Mickey Mouse on for her, can't figure out if they are appropriate or it is some creepy person making them. 
  • Oh man....its Saint Patrick's Day, guys, and I can't have a sip or even a drop of anything. >.< I sent my husband out to play pool and have a few beers for me but it isn't the same of course!!! Am I the only one craving a drink or three? My favorite is Whiskey Sours and all colors of wine, haha. Its frustrating and it sucks but I feel better knowing my husband is having a good time and that this baby will so be worth it! 
  • @Burrberrymum sometimes receptionists aren't always following what the NP wants and just following the rules of the practice. Which isn't wrong but if the NP said she can take your additional child then I would be calling and making sure she is seeing your baby. Even if it means speaking to the office manager or having the receptionist follow up with that NP directly and ask "this patient is asking to stay with you is that ok?". I've found most family doctors are ok with keeping patients in the family. Don't give up!
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• DH claims to have had a talk with his crazy-a$$ nightmare of a mom about us rethinking our decision to have people come to the hospital for the first day after baby comes (if he ever decides to come out...). I heard them yelling on the phone and he told me she said she understands why we MIGHT choose to do this but that if it happens she'll be disappointed. Oh it's happening so put your disappointed panties on and get over yourself. This conversation happened 1-2 weeks ago and I though it was over.  Until yesterday. I'm scheduled to be induced and DH and I were telling his mom on speaker phone the details. She said she wasn't going to rush over if it was going to be a long process but to let her know when contractions are 5 minutes apart so she can head over. UMMMM NO! You are not coming over. It's not happening. I will legit give the front desk your photo and tell them you're a baby snatcher if you think you're going to just show up. I do not want you there. DH and I had a long talk about just us being there and I relinquished having my brother (we don't have parents, it's just me and my brother) come to the hospital which is a big deal for me. If DH doesn't step up and tell her it's a solid no I might have to bring the hurt down on everyone. 
  • @hippiemama
    Oh my god. I would have decked her and told her that she really doesn't have to look. You don't touch other people's children. Who would seriously think its ok to do something like that?!
  • @marshmallowfarts
    If its an immature gi tract causing the problems, does that mean he will eventually stop spitting up when I lay him down flat? I have to stay half awake at night just so I can listen for him spitting up in his sleep. Its getting exhausting.

My fiance moved in with me and my family, but we aren't allowed to sleep in the same room because we aren't married. I sleep on the spare bed in the baby's room and he sleeps in my bedroom, so I'm the one getting up with the baby every night (though my fiance does ask me to get him up so he can help).
  • @ShannonJ96 - if he's spitting up while laying flat that could be more of a reflux issue. Usually though that does resolve on it's own. They sell wedges that can go under the crib and/or bassinet that can prop it up so baby isn't flat and is propped up. Sorry your parents aren't letting you sleep in the same room - seems odd - what do they think will happen? Grandbaby #2? Can you switch beds for the night since you're formula feeding? That will let you get some rest too. 
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• Quick MIL rant.. we were over to our ILs for dinner a few days ago, and I spent a good 45mins total in one of the upstairs bedrooms BFing because LO now seems to feed every 1.5hrs for 10-15mins at a time, and my MIL has the gall to say as we're leaving "I feel like I barely even got to see LO today" and pouted...... I didn't even know what to say to her...she had 2 boys whom she raised and BFed, I assumed she'd be more understanding?

She also stopped by with our nieces because the littlest one wouldn't use a potty at the store and we live in a pretty central part of town. Part of me thinks there is some truth to our niece not wanting to pee in a strange store..but part of me thinks that she just wanted to stop in and visit her grandson. At one point she reached over for LO and said "Oh I'll just hold him for you" WHICH I HATE so I replied "No, I had to stop feeding before you stopped in and he's going to eat as soon as you leave" and then she whisked the nieces up and out of the house and left.

Today she texted my HUSBAND, not me, about being in town and could stop by if needed....so I told him to relay to her that if we need anything then I will reach out to her and let her know. I'm sure she'll be patiently staring at her phone all day in hopes for a text from me... not. gunna. happen! :|
  • @marshmallowfarts
    I might have to look into one of those wedges. Thanks for that tip.  :)

Well, that's the funny (and by funny I mean incredibly depressing) thing. I'm still so sore from the delivery that I can't really get myself out of my bed.  I get stuck in the dip in the middle. 

Yes, its odd and I don't really understand it. I think any delusions they had about me still being a virgin went out the window when I got pregnant. And its not like we can have sex right now even if we wanted to. But, it is their house so we're being good.
  • ShannonJ96 said:n
    @marshmallowfarts
    If its an immature gi tract causing the problems, does that mean he will eventually stop spitting up when I lay him down flat? I have to stay half awake at night just so I can listen for him spitting up in his sleep. Its getting exhausting.

My fiance moved in with me and my family, but we aren't allowed to sleep in the same room because we aren't married. I sleep on the spare bed in the baby's room and he sleeps in my bedroom, so I'm the one getting up with the baby every night (though my fiance does ask me to get him up so he can help).
    Er....hasn't that ship already sailed????
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • somehow i have contracted a stomach bug :( i'm so tired and now I'm nauseous on top of it. yay  :|
  • @longliveregina
    You'd think so, wouldn't you? Its my aunt's house (my dad moved us in with her after he and my mother got divorced when my brother and I were little), and she's the world's biggest prude. I have to remind myself that this is the 60 year old virgin making this rule (she never married and thinks its horribly wrong to have sex when you aren't married).

I think its silly, but her house her rules. I'm just going to be thankful that she's allowing my fiance to live here while we look for a place of our own.
  • When in laws randomly show up at the hospital without telling us.  :s
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Ugh @mecoats Nooooooo! I'm so sorry.
  • mecoats said:
    When in laws randomly show up at the hospital without telling us.  :s
    Arg! The worst. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mecoats I would totally passive aggressively say, "oh, it's time to nurse the baby, sorry guys" and ask them to step out. For like 30 minutes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mecoats said: 
    When in laws randomly show up at the hospital without telling us.  :s
    There is seriously NO excuse for this! I would do the same thing as @longliveregina

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Ah @mecoats I'm so sorry!!
  • @mecoats  that's sucks. That's what I'm worried is going to happen to me too. No fun