May 2017 Moms

WTF?

I thought about starting this yesterday and then forgot! I thought it was supposed to be a WTF Wednesday, but eh, Thursday works just as well! 

So, let's hear it! 

Image result for wtf meme

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin

Re: WTF?

• WTF higher ups who can't get their crap together! Stop messing with other departments just to save yours! Oh, and how about don't tell me how great I am and that you really want to give me more responsibilities and "restructure" my position to give me a raise if you really aren't going to do it. I've been told at least 3 times in the last year that this may happen and have yet to see anything be done! My boss is great and really is trying to make it happen, but the higher ups don't talk to each other and try to go behind other departments backs in order to get what they want/feel is best for them...ugh wtf?!

• WTF real estate agent on the seller's side and seller! WTF is wrong with you you unprofessional goofs?? Why did you think quitting your day job was a good idea?? Sorry, can't go into specifics now, but i'm super pissed off. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel ya @thistlenweeds! Went through that for a couple of months and it included our own realtor! Just do your jobs!

• @thistlenweeds ugh, I don't understand professional incompetence. When we bought our house, both our realtor and the seller's realtor were annoyed that we wanted to read the entire contract before signing. And then when we asked them to explain the wording of something we didn't understand, neither of them had any clue what it meant. They acted like they'd never heard the phrases before! So, we got that part taken out completely, because it looked to us like the phrasing put extra liability on us and off of the seller. Hope your real estate frustrations are cleared up quickly! 
  • WTF co-worker I'm training for my maternity leave....seriously can you type ANY slower?!?!! My patience is at ZERO today and he can't type to save his life....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • WTF lightning crotch?!?! I'm on day 3 of consistent pain and I'm over it!! I don't want this to continue for the next 7 weeks, so baby and I need to get on the same page 
  • WTF head cold. I can't breath out of one side of my nose! My chest hurts too. Ughh 
  • WTF mom? I love my dear mother and I can't really complain because she's coming out (from PA to CA) to help with DD when baby's born. So I offer to gift her some airline points to help with her flight. Ya know, because last minute flights can be expensive and I want her to know I appreciate her. And she says "well I think I'll be okay but I maybe your dad will use them, because he wants to come at the end of my visit." Ummmm I didn't offer them to him! Way to presume!
  • @CarmCeG I had the same thing happen to me last pregnancy where a customer was chewing me out and I was doing my best to respond to her concerns... then when I came out from behind the counter to continue to help her she apologized when she saw I was pregnant. It almost made it worse that she was okay treating me like crap otherwise lol.
  • WTF Army. WTF. 

I could say this on a daily basis probably but today feels especially warranted. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • hp_momma said:
    WTF Army. WTF. 

I could say this on a daily basis probably but today feels especially warranted. 
    Oh boo what happened @hp_momma
  • bacorrea said:
    hp_momma said:
    WTF Army. WTF. 

Just extending the field training from 6weeks to 9weeks. Typical. 
    They are bringing them home for Easter for 3 days which is nice and all, but also a freaking tease to my kids who don't fully understand. 

Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • WTF - Old men attorneys in my office, why do you all have to take the newspapers and magazines from the lobby into the bathroom with you everyday? That's disgusting, no one wants to touch them after you've sat them on your naked lap while taking a giant dump! Blah!!! 
    Omg who does that at work?!
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• hp_momma said:
    bacorrea said:
    hp_momma said:
    WTF Army. WTF. 

Just extending the field training from 6weeks to 9weeks. Typical. 
    They are bringing them home for Easter for 3 days which is nice and all, but also a freaking tease to my kids who don't fully understand. 
    Ugh so sorry @hp_momma! That's super frustrating.
  • kat81kat81 member
    edited March 2017
    WTF my shitty spring break. (I'm a professor, and this is my spring break. I know, I should be happy I get a break at all, right?)

This includes the subsets of WTF for getting a cold the day my spring break started and it's still here, full-fledged (though it was never that severe, either, but it doesn't show any signs of starting to let up.)
    It also includes WTF snow day plus 2 hour delay, so one day of my spring break was gone. And the sub-subset of WTF with this winter weather?! Record-breaking highs in February followed by record-breaking lows in March? I'm not having it!
    It also includes WTF random illness for my daughter. She has had very little to eat the past few days and went to bed quite early two nights in a row, but coughed overnight (last night and so far tonight). I should PROBABLY keep her home tomorrow. So my spring break is over. :( And my poor baby is sick.

THAT SAID, I had scheduled a pregnancy massage for the day of the snow storm that I moved to tomorrow. DH says I get to go to that even if DD is home sick, because he is teleworking so he can deal with her. She might nap during that time anyway. Thank you, DH! This will probably be my only prenatal massage as I don't think I can make it to any of the other times this place offers them. And I definitely really need it!

• @kat81 I'm sorry you and your daughter are sick! It's our spring break too (although I'm ABD and not teaching so it doesn't really affect me other than getting some QUIET time on campus!), and it seems like everyone is sick--professors, students, kids... I guess the crappy weather is knocking everyone out at the worst time. I hope you get to enjoy the rest of your break (+ massage) and feel better soon!
  • WTF DD-Why are you being a jerk to your dad and fighting bedtime for almost 2 hours? It's officially our bedtime now too. Ugh....bedtime is so frustrating around here! 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• KMD1106 said:
    WTF DD-Why are you being a jerk to your dad and fighting bedtime for almost 2 hours? It's officially our bedtime now too. Ugh....bedtime is so frustrating around here! 
    Solidarity. Add that to the time change and DD just fell asleep at 10:30. 
  • WTF daylight savings time!! First year it's ever really effected me. DD has been getting up at 530 some days and won't go to bed till after 9 lately... I'm tired people!!! 
    Also, WTF uncomfortableness, peeing every hour, and kid trying to escape through the side of my abdomen wall!?!
    Ugh.
  • WTF lady parts! It feels like this baby is going to fall right out. I've been having so much pressure on my cervix as baby moves lower. I'm only 31w, keep cooking, baby!! 
  • @erinh2005 riiight. sad she would have been okay with the way she spoke to me if she hadn't noticed lol

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• WTF to my swollen feet and ridiculously dry skin on the back of my hands. Not to mention being uncomfortable most of the time, peeing more often, and the feeling of the baby coming out the side of my body, too @lilbeautysxt!

• Wtf to my closet shelf coming out of the wall this morning. That's what I get for putting away all my laundry for the first time in... months? At least Weeks! Ugh of course it's the shelf I installed so I got a lot of "advice" from my cranky husband who helped me put it back up. 
  • WTF doggie daycare. You said you now offer pick up and drop off services but your radius is only a few miles around the building. That doesn't really include many people. I wish I could find a college kid who would drop off and pick up guess this is why they don't go very often. 
  • WTF to my body saying f you to me with week 2 of GD, two broken toes from slipping while holding DS, sinus infection, and sciatica from hell.....Prenatal massage was scheduled for today, but I had to cancel because I totally forgot about the darn St. Patrick's Day parade downtown blocking off everything within eight city blocks of the spa, which I didn't have the time or energy to waddle to and from.  If only I could have some green beer and whiskey.... :wink:
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @saric83: OMG, that sounds rough! <hugs> Hang in there!
  • edited March 2017
    WTF PGP that came out of nowhere. Was feeling really good about 3rd-tri until this pelvic pain started. OB confirmed that it's pelvic girdle pain and advised to "take it easy". I thought that's what I was doing. I hate that I have to cancel plans with friends that I haven't seen in forever, but it hurts so much.

• feel better @LilMissCrafty! I'm sure your friends will understand. Maybe they could come to you?

• WTF contractions?!? GO AWAY!!! I've been having them since 12:30 this morning. Slept two hours last night. Went into triage this morning, confirmed contractions every 3-7 minutes. But, no dilation. Which is great...but now I'm home and attempting to take a nap....and I can't get comfortable because of the damn contractions!