Friday Ticker Change 3/17

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives
May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: Friday Ticker Change 3/17

• SKZWSKZW member
    How far along are you?  31 weeks!   :)   We're getting closer, ladies!

How big is baby?  Asparagus?

Any appointments this week?  Busy week for me. Thanks to pre-e, I've had 2 u/s, bloodwork, fetal monitoring, and a sit down with the doc already. This morning, it's one more u/s (looking at something else this time, they said?) and the 2nd of 2 steroid shots (and maybe another 1/2 hr of monitoring... but since I just had it yest/Thurs, maybe they'll skip today's? we'll see).

Symptoms? I actually feel pretty good! PT has totally helped my hip. I haven't had to take Tylenol in a while; I haven't had any of those "stop me in my tracks" bouts of sharp pain; and sleeping is somewhat pleasant again.

Cravings?  I just discovered a "kitchen sink" cookie from Panera. It is HUGE and has choc chunks, some caramel, a few grains of salt on top, and pretzel pieces! It's so good. I've had 2 this week.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  So I'm wrapping up a 24-hr urine catch. I get to turn in the bottle today---sooo sexy!

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? I can't wait to sit down with a crusty baguette and creamy Brie with a bottle of Riesling. Add some sliced ham and juicy summer berries on the side, and there's my dinner!
  • clebl24clebl24 member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you?
    31 weeks 

How big is baby?
    asparagus 

I had unplanned blood work and upper abdominal ultrasound to check on liver and gallbladder due to persistent discomfort and pain after eating. U/S looked fine.  Still waiting lab results for blood work.  

Symptoms?
    Continued and persistent pain in my upper right abdominal area (especially after eating), heart burn, back pain, sore nipples, my bump feels heavy and it's uncomfortable to get up and reposition myself, and my belly button is officially an outie now. Basically I'm starting to hurt all over.  

Cravings?
    Not really.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Is anyone thinking about hospital gifts for nurses?  I didn't do it with DS, but I'm starting to see that more and more these days. I have mixed feelings. What will you put in package?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?
    Green 

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives
    Not particularly. Maybe a glass of wine or champagne and a muffuletta.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @clebl24 totally lurking... 
    gifts for nurses is a totally new concept to me! IMO I'm not going to plan or prepare for that. If DH goes out for coffee of course I'd love for him to bring my fav nurses back a treat or something but I'm not going to plan a gift situation. 
    When DH has heart surgery and some scary ICU nights there were some nurses that literally saved his life. When we were there Christmas morning I brought them coffee and pastries and cards and they were so appreciative. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 30 weeks!

How big is baby? Cantaloupe, platypus (does anyone actually know how big those are though?)

Any appointments this week? None

Symptoms? Heartburn, trouble sleeping, back pain. In general, I "feel" super pregnant these days. We're moving next weekend, and I can pack max 2 boxes before I need to sit down and rest. It's slow going.

Cravings? Well, after reading @SKZW 's post, I now NEED a "kitchen sink" cookie, pronto. Otherwise, just all of the food.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue!

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? Margaritas! Also, a super rare burger topped with a gooey, runny, delicious fried egg :) And now I'm salivating. 

@clebl24 - I hadn't thought about nurse gifts, but that's a really nice idea. We didn't do anything last time, which I feel badly about because the nurses were AMAZING! Maybe I'll look into putting together a basket. My concern would be how/when/who to give to it? With my son, I was admitted on Tuesday and was there until Saturday, so we went through many shift changes. Also, we started in triage, then went to L&D, then to the mother baby unit. Should I do one for the LD and mother/baby nurses? I just don't know. Curious to see what others have to say about this (especially our nurse bumpers)
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• How far along are you? 31 weeks!

How big is baby? Asparagus, yuck.

Any appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? My back has been killing me and I have been incredibly tired lately.

Cravings? Chocolate

Rants/Raves/Questions? I really need my spring break to get here. These past few weeks have been rough. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Green

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? Maybe a steak that is not well done!

@clebl24 I have thought about it, but that is as far as I have got. I'm currently trying to figure out what to get my baby shower hostesses. 

@SKZW My goodness, it does sound like you have had a busy week! Thinking about you (in a non-creepy way, of course).

@kayemjay2 I hope the move goes smoothly and you are able to get everything packed up in time! I don't know how you are doing it. I spent 30 minutes cleaning the stove top the other night and felt like I had been beat. (We usually don't let it get dirty, but DH "forgot" to clean it. I was super salty about it.)
  • How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? So many apps say different things. I saw romaine lettuce on one, so I'll go with it. 

Any appointments this week? I had one earlier this week. Everything is going well and he's still head down. Next one is in two weeks. 

Symptoms? Heartburn and back aches, but neither are so bad that I can't deal with them. 

Cravings? I haven't had anything specific.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I've enjoyed spring break this week, but I really miss my husband. He's gone for another week and a half. I know how important his tours are to him, but man I miss him like crazy. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? Nope. There's nothing I've had to give up. I'm a vegetarian, so deli meat isn't an issue. I don't drink or smoke, so that isn't a problem. 
  • How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? HUGE. Apparently going to birth Hagrid. According to my apps: Honeydew Melon, 3 chocolate croissants (huh.), and celery (length obvi)

Any appointments this week? Nope. I'm down to my every 2 weeks, but its not till next week.

Symptoms? Difficulty falling asleep, awake multiple times to pee, restlessness, indigestion.

Cravings? This amazing strawberry, orange, honey lemonade from Cafe Zupas. Annoyingly, they only have 1 size cup. Maybe next time I'll order 4 :P

Rants/Raves/Questions? Always, but I can't think right now.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Green. I think hearing how big the baby is has both H and I going omg what if it is a boy!?

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? Not really! I haven't missed sushi or alcohol much. A mimosa or hard cider may be nice though.

@clebl24 I've briefly thought about it, but IDK.

Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • How far along are you? 30 weeks!

How big is baby? Zucchini (not the one in my fridge), platypus, minus the tail

Any appointments this week? Next Friday we have an OB appointment. This coming Tuesday we have the first class in a series, but I have to miss it for work. DH is planning to go.

Symptoms? Just the usuals still. Sciatic pain, an occasional RLP, poor sleep sometimes, nausea sometimes still.

Cravings? All the things I can't eat thanks to gestational diabetes. Even if I didn't want them before. No true cravings, honestly, which is good because it'd make me crazy I think.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I feel like I have no free time. On my days off there are chores and errands, PT appointments, OB appointments/classes, and people wanting to hang out before baby. I just want to sit on my butt. :/

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Green!

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? YES! Cinnabon!! I want all the things I can't eat because of GD. Biscuits, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese-- and I don't want to portion out a tablespoon size and call it 30 carbs, I want to just eat it and enjoy. I told DH I want a Cinnabon after delivery and he said, "I don't think you can eat that right after the baby is born." It doesn't need to be right after, dear, just soon after. :)

• How far along are you?  30 Weeks today

How big is baby? At US last monday she was 2lbs

Any appointments this week? Next Tuesday

Symptoms? Heartburn... ooohhh the burrrnn.... and my hips are killing me

Cravings? Tums at this point ;)

Rants/Raves/Questions? Meh, not really, just would like to be able to eat w/o dying. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Pink

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? I'd love some sangria, a dirty martini with extra olives, and a huge cheese/meat board haha
    DS Born 1/12/13 - Molar Pregnancy 3/2014/D&C 3/2015 - EDD with Baby #2 May 26th, 2017

• @SKZW I hope everything keeps going well, and congrats on being done with the 24hr catch. Do you have a set delivery date different from your EDD?

@clebl24 I hadn't thought about this at all. But, as a nurse, we love food of any kind. That being said, we often bring in food for each other. Food is always a good option, albeit a slight cop out. But listen, if you just gave birth and you're giving a gift, you're allowed to go the easy route.

@kayemjay2 Good luck with the moving! Don't push yourself too much.

@mspacman34 I need to do hostess gifts too! Ideas??

@MollyandD I'm sorry you're missing DH. I hope the next week flies by and you can be with him again. :)

@nda_roxybabe How do you know LO is huge?
  • @jayandaplus At my U/S last week the tech told me baby weighs 4lbs 11oz. I know they can be off and that's still within a normal percentile (77th), but holy crap with 8 weeks left having an almost 5lb baby sounds massive. I've always figured/ hoped I'd have a baby in the 6 or 7's.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • How far along are you?
    33 weeks

How big is baby?
    A ferret! 

Yes, today actually! It was supposed to be Wednesday but I had to reschedule because of the flu. Baby is doing well and has officially moved completely head down. Getting ready for its grand entrance 

Symptoms?
    Leg cramps, insomnia, general aches everywhere, heart burn, very strong movements. 

Cravings?
    Nothing in particular 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    DH is finally getting going on the nursery renos! Yay! Not sure if I mentioned our potential mold issue in there, if I did I am very very thrilled to report that there is no actual mold growing behind the drywall as we previously suspected. So that's a huge relief! We just need to properly insulate that room and redo the drywall now and paint.

Team Pink/Blue/Green?
    Green

I won't turn down a nice glass of red and some dark chocolate squares that's for sure! (Still eating the dark chocolate, but it's not the same with milk lol)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? asparagus 

Any appointments this week? not until next week

Symptoms? insomnia, leg pain, fatigue

Cravings? chocolate

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm going to ask my doctor about scheduling a repeat c-section even if I decide not to have one. I'd like to get my end date at school nailed down, and I think this is the only way they'd let me leave a week before my due date. Does that seem silly? I want to get 4 weeks of my maternity leave (I get paid for 6, but can't take it after summer) instead of only 3 or less. 

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? I'm looking forward to a glass of wine and summer drinks. A nice deli sandwich sounds good too. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• How far along are you? 32 weeks  :o

How big is baby? A scooter board 

Any appointments this week? I have one on Tuesday.

Symptoms? Just a lot of movement. My body hurts all the time. It's very uncomfortable when I bend over.

Cravings? Salty foods, per usual. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am so annoyed because I have a horrible head cold. I can't breathe out of my nose.

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? Not really. I don't drink alcohol and I haven't really abstained from any foods. After I had DD I think my husband got me a cheeseburger from sonic. Ha. 
  • @jayandaplus I'm not sure what I will do since I have about 5 women contributing to the shower. I recently received a flower pot filled with gardening stuff for helping host a shower. I kind of like the idea of goody basket like that but maybe with bath stuff, coffee, or kitchen stuff.