Thursday Ticker Change 3-16

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 3-16

• For postpartum: This is from a suggestion from last week's ticker change.

How many weeks old is baby?

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain?

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping for both baby & mom?

Rants/raves/questions?

GTYK: Is there a certain meal, or food or drink, you've been enjoying now that your little one has arrived
  • How far along are you? 30 weeks

How big is baby? Zucchini

Any appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? Feeling a lot better than this time around last week. Still general discomfort and aches. Lots of flipping back and forth at night. I've started noticing a bit more swelling in my fingers sometimes.

Cravings? Just lots of food in general.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm 30 weeks and it's my 30th birthday...I get enjoyment out of those matching numbers. :)

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Pink

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? FETA CHEESE AND WINE. I told my H it's the first thing I'm going to eat when we get home.
  • Loading the player...
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY @starphish18!!! :)

How far along are you?
    30 weeks, yay for finally entering the 30s!

How big is baby?
    Zucchini

Any appointments this week?
    Not for another couple weeks

Symptoms?
    I had my first night of insomnia a couple nights ago. I had trouble falling asleep and I tossed and turned until 2am. Then I was wide awake until 6:30am. It was weird. I'm also slightly surprised when I get RLP, I haven't felt that in a few months. I'm also starting to feel full faster when I eat because baby is pushing into my organs. 

Cravings?
    Rootbeer

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    When is everyone scheduling their hospital/maternity ward visit, or when did you have yours? I have mine scheduled for a couple weeks from now and idk if that's too early.

Team Pink/Blue/Green?
    Green

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives
    Since I always have food on my mind, I've come up with the perfect meal I want after coming home from the hospital: grilled jalapeno cheddar brats from a local specialty meat shop, potato salad, baked Cheetos, grilled veggies, mint oreora for dessert, and a cold Leinie's Summer Shandy to wash it all down.
  • @luckywife10 I don't think it's too early to do a hospital visit. H and I did ours last week, and I don't think I was the earliest pregnancy there.
  • Happy Birthday, @starphish18!

@luckywife10 - My hospital only offers a virtual tour on their website; no in-person tours. I think anytime now is a good time to schedule your tour.

How far along are you
    ? 32 weeks! It's starting to feel so close!  :o

How big is baby? Squash

Any appointments this week? Yes, tomorrow for my regular check-up. I've been meeting all the different doctors at the OB practice that I go to, so tomorrow I'll be meeting yet another new doctor. I think there are 9 in total!

Symptoms? Difficulties getting comfortable while sleeping. I have woken up lying flat on my back a few times which freaks me out. 

Cravings? The only thing that I consistently crave are clementines. I eat at least 2 per day!

Rants/Raves/Questions? My question is for my OB because I don't know the answer. My doula came over last week for a meeting and she asked me to start working on my birth plan. I didn't make one the first time around and wished I had. Anyway, my main question now that it brought up is if the hospital I'm going to deliver at has wireless fetal monitoring or not. I'm hoping that they do as they have several water rooms and I'd love to try laboring in one for part of the time. It would be great if they have a waterproof wireless monitoring option.

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives?  A deli sandwich from Bruegger's Bagels. It's right down the street from the hospital so I told DH that I want him to bring me food from there sometime after the baby is born! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • How far along are you? 30 weeks, can't believe I'm in the 30s now!

How big is baby? Zucchini 

Any appointments this week? None this week, regular prenatal next week. 

Symptoms? I live in the Bay Area and we have been experiencing some unusually warm days - I've noticed my feet have been swelling a bit. Wearing full covered shoes does not feel good.

Cravings? Frozen yogurt, I am getting some after work today.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I haven't had any annoying comments on my size this week, so that's good.

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? Anything sparkling - prosecco, rose, just let me have it! Salami too.
  • @mcvgal - So great Lucia is above her birth weight! Also you do totally deserve some wine tonight! 

• How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? Romaine lettuce

Any appointments this week? Next week 

Symptoms? Tired, trouble turning over in bed, nausea and heartburn

Cravings? Orange juice, which doesn't help the heart burn but is so delicious

Rants/Raves/Questions? Does anyone else ever hear a click when baby is moving a lot, sorta like when you crack your fingers? It doesn't happen often but I wonder if it's the baby's joints cracking?

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Green

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? Wine! We live in the middle of wine country so I'm excited to indulge over the glorious summer here
  • RedInLoveRedInLove member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 30 weeks

How big is baby? Zucchini; just under 3lb based on today's growth scan. 

Any appointments this week? I had a growth and cervical length scan today with MFM, should be my last. 

Symptoms? Hips get sore while sleeping, mild heartburn, peeing always...

Cravings? They're more on the spot, not any one consistent craving; lately it's been ice cream, a few weeks ago it was Taco Hell. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? This hip pain when I'm laying down is killing me. A pillow has been helping, it just makes it harder to roll over. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? I'd give a tit for a tall cold hard cider, but I plan on BF so it'll have to wait a while. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Happy birthday @starphish18 !!

I LOVE the asparagus picture, @pshaortao . Maybe the people who selected the produce comparisons knows what they are doing after all!! LOL

How far along are you?
    33 weeks

How big is baby? lettuce

Any appointments this week? Not this week, I have 2 next week - my usual checkup and then hopefully my last appt with the MFM.

Symptoms? I hurt EVERYWHERE

Cravings? Junk food, which is starting to catch up to me1!

Rants/Raves/Questions? This site is killing me. I've got some strange delay happening when I type, and most of my words aren't having all of the letters recognized and it makes me wanna screaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives?  I want a margarita so badly. Like....now.

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • How far along? 33 weeks

Baby is a stalk of celery. 

Appts: Wed. I had a NST & u/s to check on us b/c of low fluid & GD. Her hb was a little lower than they wanted (131). Fluid had gone up to 8 but was still supposed to be at 10. I had an appt today w/ regular OB. He was happy w/ my progress on GD & baby's fluid. She's still measuring correctly & hb was 150 today. 

Symptoms: Sleep is still hard. 

Cravings: cookies w/ icing, water

Raves: My class is going on an awesome field trip tomorrow! Wonders of Wildlife museum (which has been closed for 10 yrs for renovations & still isn't open to the public yet!) & Incredible Pizza! Also my baby shower is Saturday! I am so excited & happy for all that everyone is doing for us! 

Team Pink!

GTKY: Once LO arrives, I'm looking forward to more bake shop cookies from a particular bake shop. They're simply amazing & I can't have that many of them right now due to GD. I'm also looking forward to some sweet tea again. This low fluid stuff has me drowning in water. And I really shouldn't have the SWEET tea right now anyway. 
  • How far along are you? 32w

How big is baby? A squash apparently 

Any appointments this week? Next Thursday I have a check up with my regular doctor.

Symptoms? Heart burn, can't breathe, laying down hurts, standing hurts and I keep opening cupboards into my belly... y'know all the normal things.

Cravings? Still iced mochas... I should really cut back, I might sleep better.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I think LO is breech :-/ has been since day one, I know there's still plenty of time to turn but I have to admit I'm worried, I don't like the prospect of a c-section. I'm fine with it generally, because y'know it's necessary, I'm happy to get LO out whichever way is safest, but I'm still not thrilled thinking about it being a definite possibility rather than just a chance if a vaginal delivery goes wrong...

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue

GTKY: Is there a particular meal, or food or drink, you are looking forward to having after your LO arrives? To be perfectly honest and this is probably an UO, but I haven't actually stopped eating anything I usually would, I wouldn't mind a beer, but im not a big drinker to start with so the craving is minor and it's only if I'm out somewhere already that I think about it. 

I am am actually really looking forward to my first meal in general after LO arrives, there's a restaurant across the road from my hospital that does takeaway for the maternity ward, and they're really good, so I'm just looking forward to that.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • @PartiallyDomesticated - I'm with you on the food thing. A lot of times it isn't even intentional, i just forget that I'm not supposed to have things like feta cheese. Others, like sushi from nice restaurants, I eat on purpose!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • How far along are you? 31w

How big is baby? Asparagus 

Any appointments this week? Had a check up on Thursday

Symptoms? I guess I have carpal tunnel in my wrist due to pregnancy... My hand goes numb and wrist hurts a lot. Hip pain, exhaustion

Cravings? Donuts.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: My coworker was out for a few days, so it was just me with 28 kinders. One day someone covered a little so I could go to an important meeting, but they counted that as my "break", so I didn't get to eat until 1:30p even though I had been there since 6:30a >_<. Ended up working 11-14 hours every day this week and gained too much weight because I just ate whatever was available. Ugh. I've also have been in so much pain and barely able to walk by the end of each day because I can't really sit down much during the day there.
    Rave: Best man from our wedding and his lady will be in town tomorrow and it's finally Spring Break!!! Hubby got us a hotel in the mountains tonight so we could relax after the crazy work week :) And because I was able to sit in the car and rest between little hikes today my hips feel fine and I can still walk! Hooray!

There is a taco festival in early May that I'm counting down to, but other than that...WINE.