2nd Trimester

1 hr glucose test???

With my last pregnancy, I did a two or three-hour test and fasted prior to. This time around my doctor is having me do a 1-hour test with no fasting. Is this normal???? Anyone else had the 1-hour glucose test?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 1 hr glucose test???

• My doctor is having me do the same thing. I have to do multiple glucose tests due to increased risk for GD.
  • Usually, a 3 hour test is ordered if you fail the 1 hour. My guess is that they want you to do that first, and see what your numbers are, and if any additional testing is needed, they will order the fasting 3 hour. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I did a 1hr test with no fasting. 
  • With my last pregnancy, I did a two or three-hour test and fasted prior to. This time around my doctor is having me do a 1-hour test with no fasting. Is this normal???? Anyone else had the 1-hour glucose test?
    @Trillion28

Don't forget the responses you got here https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12704221/1-hour-glucose-test#latest 
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Thank you, everyone, for the responses. I feel more comfortable now. Things were different with my first pregnancy. @SaphireSweetie88 thank you, it was my first time posting a question and I wasn't sure exactly where to post. Sorry for the mistake :) these forums can be a little intimidating, not everyone is nice. 
    BabyFruit Ticker