July 2017 Moms

What I'm Eating/Craving 3/6

Re: What I'm Eating/Craving 3/6

• oheliza44 said:
    @poppyseed1017 a restaurant near me has 'cookies and milk' on their dessert menu. It is three massive gooey cookies and an egg beater of cookie dough. The dough doesn't have raw egg in it so it is safe to eat raw. It is ammmmaaazzziinngg. 
    I want to go to there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    butterscotch dilly bars from DQ!
    OMG I haven't had one of these in YEARS and it sounds SO GOOD!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had Popeyes, because one finally opened in my town.
    It was kinda gross, honestly, I don't think ill need to go back for a while! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Anyone familiar with au bon pain? We have one in the hospital and I love their black bean burger (I usually get it as a wrap). So good!
  • mj8215 said:
    Anyone familiar with au bon pain? We have one in the hospital and I love their black bean burger (I usually get it as a wrap). So good!
    Um YES!  I haven't lived near one since I was a student but my roommates and I used to study there all the time.  We called it "classy fast food" haha.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Au bon pain makes me think of hospitals. The only one I have ever seen was in a hospital my dad was staying in when I was in high school. I'd go straight from school to the hospital for months and I ate A LOT of au bon pain. I don't really have good memories of the food but maybe that's just because I associate it with a not so great time in my family's life. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• @GlitterFish what?!? Popeyes is my guilty pleasure. I'll admit I've never had the chicken, but those mashed potatoes are to die for. 
  • lanie1000 said:
    @GlitterFish what?!? Popeyes is my guilty pleasure. I'll admit I've never had the chicken, but those mashed potatoes are to die for. 
    How do you skip chicken at Popeyes??
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • lanie1000 said:
    @GlitterFish what?!? Popeyes is my guilty pleasure. I'll admit I've never had the chicken, but those mashed potatoes are to die for. 
    How do you skip chicken at Popeyes??
    Popcorn shrimp...which I dip into my mashed potatoes. So sketchy, yet soooo delicious. 
  • I've been having a really hard time eating- getting hungry.. usually eat a Greek yogurt in the morning then dinner. Maybe a string cheese or two in between but ate a large GF Mexican pizza from zpizza (if you're not familiar- white pizza with cheese, salsa, chicken, avocado slices, cilantro, and sour cream) in one sitting yesterday. Then today made banana chocolate chip muffins with DS today and ate 6 of them. I guess I'm catching up on the months of not eating! 
  • I think popeyes is GROSS.
  • I've been fighting emotionally eating for so many days now, and I've finally caved. Rosemary olive oil bread, tortilla chips, and craisins... so delicious. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Flipz (chocolate covered) pretzels. I went to a get-together yesterday and someone had a bag, I ate almost the entire thing! The salty sweet did it for me. I need to get my own bag now. 
  • I'm on my way to the Meltung Pot! I can't wait for all the yumminess, but I always eat too much there!
  • @mjacks16 I was running into Target as I read this and a package of Flipz may have jumped in my cart while there...
  • @Julybaby17 I looooove the Melting Pot!  I want it now lol.
  • I would eat my weight in The Melting Pot's spinach artichoke dip! 
  • I gave into taco bell yesterday and paid for it all day long.  However it was SO good! 
  • The chocolate covered strawberry craving is STRONG with this pregnancy...I've legit eaten three cartons of strawberries that I've dipped in chocolate in the last three weeks.  :o
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ktewart said:
    The chocolate covered strawberry craving is STRONG with this pregnancy...I've legit eaten three cartons of strawberries that I've dipped in chocolate in the last three weeks.  :o
    That sounds amazing.  I've had them on my mind a lot, but I always let the strawberries go bad because I forget about them!  I also had no idea they still made flipz!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited March 2017
    You know it's bad when you justify it as a "necessity" before a blizzard and buy the extra large carton and extra chocolate just so that you can make them while house bound...
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ktewart Lol best decision ever. I made myself blizzard cookies last night. They are delicious. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I got four (maybe it was five?) cheese raviolis from Trader Joe's and made them last night with their amazing pasta sauce.  Now, all I can think about is eating that again.  Thank goodness I have another pack at home.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am honestly insatiable. I think about food all day. I am hungry when I am done eating. 

I need to make better food choices!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I am honestly insatiable. I think about food all day. I am hungry when I am done eating. 

I need to make better food choices!
    This is me too!! I don't eat a lot of junk to begin with, but even things that should be filling (bagel w/cream cheese, fruit, nuts etc) leave me wanting a bag of potato chips or something afterwards. I usually pack breakfast and lunch to bring to work and it's like 10 things for each meal. Ugh. 
  • I got four (maybe it was five?) cheese raviolis from Trader Joe's and made them last night with their amazing pasta sauce.  Now, all I can think about is eating that again.  Thank goodness I have another pack at home.
    I never shop at Trader Joe's but there is one near me. What sauce do you like from there?
  • edited March 2017
    Image result for Trader Joes spaghetti sauce

This is the one I tried out this time and it was really, really good.  I love spaghetti sauce, but this kicked my normal sauce's butt in taste.  If you do get it, let me know if you like it.  I hope I'm not making bad recommendations lol!

edit to tag @kat0607

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maybeitsmadeline Trader Joe's Arrabiata sauce is my life saver sauce. Have you tried it? 
  • @BusyZee No I sure haven't!  I will look for it next time.  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've never been to Trader Joe's either. But I always want to go.  @maybeitsmadeline is making me want to go right now.  Yummmmm.  I have been sicker than normal this week but this post has given me an appetite today.  Thanks ladies!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @notachanski They have so much stuff there that I love!  They carry this strawberry mochi ice cream that is sooooo good.  I love their shrimp stir fry in the frozen section, too.  You only need olive oil and they give you the seasonings.  It's amazing.  The potato latkes are good.  I'm trying to think what else I'm addicted to from that store... The list is long.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maybeitsmadeline You had me at mochi!  Yum yum yum.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @OperaSingerMommy Yes! Strawberry mochi is one of my faaaavorites.  I have to get my own box from DH because he eats all of his and then wants mine!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • on the Trader Joe's train....this trail mix is AH-MAZ-ING. and it's so darn simple!! It even says so in the name. I could eat the whole bag. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm planning when I can finally make a trip there right now!  All of these things sound delicious!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited March 2017
    They even have raw organic  almonds if you feel safe eating that sort of thing,and honestly the yummiest rolled oats. My life depends on their oats at the moment. 

nooo green tea Mochi green tea mochi @maybeitsmadeline
  • munchkinsmamamunchkinsmama member
    edited March 2017
    On the Trader Joes train... if your a big kid like me their organic spaghettios are so yummy. They also make organic corn dogs that melt my heart and Cuban black beans and turkey chili. I may eat all these on the regular with my kiddies! Ohhh and my kids love their madras lentils with Nan bread, I found this out by accident while trying to enjoy a lunch of my own. DS says the lentils and black beans are just the right amount of "picy" 

ETA to add I just made a huge sheet pan of veggies and Italian sausage that I plan to melt fresh mozzarella on top of, but now all I can think about are turkey chili Nachos.
  • I love sweets now I feel like it's a habit I need to break like yesterday! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Today in a snow storm is the worst for cravings. Chocolate covered cranberries, mac and cheese ran the day LOL I will eat salad tomorrow.
  • Oh yes, those TJs rolled oats are amazing.