TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Check in 3/13

1.) Intro

2.) Status

3.) Rants/ Raves

4.) GTKY - anyone ever tried any fun subscription boxes - birch box, book of the month etc.

Re: TTCAL Check in 3/13

• 1.) Not new at all ):

2.) 5 DPO

3.)  Rave - been listening to Beauty & the Beast soundtrack on spotify at work and that has brightened my day and gotten me excited for the movie coming out.
    Rant- nothing right now Im sure I will have something next week if I get a BFN.

4.) I've done birch box 2-3 times and gotten a couple of  cool samples. I also love stitch fix but limit myself to only a couple of times a year since it can get expensive. Ive gotten some really nice, unique pieces from them though. I've been interested in trying some of the food ones I've seen advertised.
  • @TScalei No rants! Woohoo. Music always sets my mood. 

Not new 

Beginning of 2ww but not thinking about it. 

Rant- nor'easter is heading to CT tomorrow. I just want warm weather already! I'm working hard to be bathing suit ready by spring break in April. If I can't have a baby bump at least I'll have a flat stomach. 

I dont do subscriptions. I'm too picky. I like to do a lot of irl shopping and then not buy anything. 
  • Loading the player...
  • SP128SP128 member
    @TScalei love beauty and the beast 

@justsuzie I'm with you on being picky. I never buy clothes online. I like to touch and feel 

not new

13dpo. Didn't test this morning. Temp dropped this morning. I know what that means. 

Rant: body won't cooperate to get ku. I may have lightly started to spot but couldn't tell. I apparently can't even spot clear cut. 

Going to re on thursday. Hope it doesn't take too long for the testing process. 

Never tried subscription boxes. 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• amberrukaamberruka member
    edited March 2017
    Not new. Hello lassies.

?? CD17. No EWCM, zip, zilch, nada (unlike last month). Didn't bring the opk's on our trip cause we had to discontinue any more BD. Don't think my -5 is gonna hold up, so because of our "problem", I'm just gonna throw the last 2 cycles out. Onwards and upwards. On a RAVE note, the steroid lotion suggested by my friend is working wonders---the skin is still very cracked and now flaking, but DH is feeling much better and we should be rarin' to go next month.
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Did my GTKY get deleted? I suck at mobile, haha. No, trouble justifying the expense....though that stuff looks soooooo nice
  • 1) not new

2) 13dpo

3) Rave: I can finally get a good night's sleep because I have started lighting a fire each night, and now I'm not freezing to death all the time. Yay for being warm!

4) Never. Id love to try a food box of some sort, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

@TScalei good to hear about the sound track, I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm looking forward to going. 

@justsuzie good on you for working hard, what seems to work best for you?

@SP128 so sorry about the temp drop  :neutral: Hope seeing th RE goes well. 
  • @justsuzie -yay for a snow day! 

@SP128 - totally get frustration w body - it's like why can't you do this one thing?

@amberruka- I'm sorry this cycle is kind of a bust but glad things will be better moving forward. 

Anyone else here feel like the last person TTCAL? Yikes! :/
  • @SP128 sucks that your body is being uncooperative. I feel the same way about mine.  

@amberruka Positive vibes for next month.

@Perfectypo combo of cardio and power lifting.  5.5 hours/week.  All I have to do now is curb the snacking!
  • SP128SP128 member
    @TScalei I was just thinking that today.... stinks.  Board is getting slow. Guess it's nice that not a lot are here.....

@justsuzie snow day for me tomorrow. 

@amberruka glad the new cream is working !!!!! 
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Intro: Hi, I'm new, 29 and DH 32

Status: Still waiting for first AF after loss but BD a few times when I had EWCM which is now gone so just waiting now. 

R/R: None really besides waiting is so hard. Loving our spring weather this week!

GTKY: I have only tried a photo subscription, Groove book, where they send a book of 100 pictures you choose every month which was pretty cool and only $3 
  • @SP128 - I know happy for all the BFPs but sucks to still be here. ):

Welcome @kkapp187 - I'm sorry for your loss. 
  • @TScalei I know, right? Sometimes it seems like everyone is just movin' on, movin' on....
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited March 2017
    hey ladies I'm back after a bit of a break and some soul searching - I think maybe I'm slightly crazy lol.  I'm not new and on 2nd real cycle TTC after loss in December.  Currently WTO.  So today I put away the OPKs and BBT - it's not for me.  I put next week Wens as the day to start my Prog. suppositories.

I've been struggling on what I should do.  I don't want to think about this stuff all the time.  I've been going back and forth on should I have faith that we will have another baby or should I accept the fact that we are one and done.  Ugh just saying that makes me want cry.  I've been telling myself there is so much in my life that needs my focus and I've been trying to enjoy the things in life I do have and appreciate that.  I've been working on my business more.  Busy season is coming soon actually I think it started last week.  I'm going to practice yoga more at home as well in the studio.  DD's 6th bday is Saturday and we are seeing beauty and the beast at the theater.  In fact we are having her birthday party there.  It's just better if I focus on what I do have and not what I don't have.

IDK why I let it bother me when people tell me prog. won't fix my problem and I should see and RE.  I think because I've had a loss and them saying that makes me feel like something is wrong with me and it makes me doubt my path with this.  I think I feel more vulnerable now than before my CP in december.  who knows, maybe my uterus just needs some of that progesterone to make a healthy habitat for an egg to attach to.

Anyways I'm just rambling and that's my check in for the week :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) I've been here for a few weeks now. Relevant info about me in my siggy.

2) WTO, CD4, I think. Maybe CD6 because I had two days of spotting. AF was much lighter than usual. I kept having to switch between tampons and pads because the tampons were drying me out. OPK was much darker than I expected. It's all so confusing!

3) Rave: I just found out that I can get reimbursed by my HSA for my HPTs!

4) Nope. I'm boring.
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @TScalei I love listening to Disney sound tracks to de-stress. 

@justsuzie That's a great goal for the summer. It's a really positive way to look ahead.

@SP128 I'm sorry about the temp drop. I hope your visit to the RE goes well.

@amberruka I hope that the cream continues to help your husband and that your timing was sufficient this cycle!

@Perfectypo I'm glad you're getting better sleep and you're warmer at night. 

AFM

1. not new, but I'll recap for the new faces. *TW-LC*  I'm 28 and DH is 38, I had 2 CPs prior to DD. Had a D&C at 10 weeks for MMC in December. 

2. CD9, WTO, 4th cycle post loss. 

3. I had a tough time with AF arriving this month, so I'm unintentionally taking a break from temping and OPKs. I know I'm going to fret over not knowing my exact O day later, but I've been pretty distracted with our move looming in 3 weeks. 
    Also, both friends who are due the same week I was revealed the sex of their LOs, which made this month even harder.

4. The closest to a subscription box we get is having a box of organic veggies delivered to our house every week from the local co-op. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kkappl87 Welcome to our little group. I'm sorry you find yourself here but these ladies are great.  I hope your stay is brief! 

@vlagrl29 It sounds like you've had a tough few weeks. I don't know if progesterone or an RE is the answer, but I do think that whatever you decide will be right for you and your family. FX this cycle is it for you. 

@pandawares That's awesome about reimbursement for HPTs. Is there a limit? Lol, I'd probably bust the limit every month. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sp128 rave-snow day for me too!

@kkappl87 That photo subscription sounds super cool.  

@babypi sorry for the tough times lately.  Take a month off from temping and opks and see how you feel.  Maybe it will be less stressful.  gl.
  • 1.) Intro

Not new, details in my siggy. 

2.) Status-- Cycle 6, Month 6, 4TTCAL-- TWW, 11 DPO, refusing to test (AF due on Friday)

3.) Rants/ Raves:

Rant: I am trying sooooo hard not to symptom spot this cycle and chill the f*** out. I have been doing pretty good so far. But every cramp and twinge is not helping. Other than that though, body feels pretty normal. So....level of optimism is low.

Rave: It's Monday and it wasn't too bad of a day. 

4.) GTKY - anyone ever tried any fun subscription boxes - birch box, book of the month etc.

I have not tried a subscription box. I have though about Hello Fresh or Blue Apron, but they are a bit too pricey for my liking. Also, DH is super picky and wouldn't eat half the meals (he only eats meat, potatoes and corn--no sauces or strong seasonings).

@babypi: Sorry for the hard month and the friends celebrating their pregnancies. It's hard to be happy for others, when it's personally tough to deal with loss/not getting KU.

pandawares I have an HSA, but didn't realize I could reimburse my HPTs with it. That makes sense, but never though of it. I bought about 25 wondfos last month, so I should definitely get it reimbursed.

vlagrl29 Sorry if I have missed it, but do you have any specific diagnosed fertility issues? I know you were diagnosed the progesterone after some testing (I think), but why are others saying it won't help? That seems quite insensitive.

amberruka Boo on not having EWCM. I did not have any either this cycle. Luckily I had just purchased pre-seed. Not sure it helped, but I had a very dry lady cave for almost my entire FW. I had a scant amount of day of O, but other than that, zilch.
  • moonlady-2moonlady-2 member
    edited March 2017
    1) I don't know if I'm considered "new" but I haven't been on the boards much until this month. Just started trying again in January. Info in sig

2) 10dpo. Feeling very crampy and like AF is going to come.

3) Rave: Just got an Amazon Echo and it's super cool!

4) No I have not tried any. I don't like the idea of getting a box and only possibly liking half (or less) of what's in it.
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• @TScalei @babypithank you for the welcome. This group seems like an amazing place for support 

@justsuzie it is great because I never remember to get the pictures off my phone lol :)

I am very thankful to be welcomed into this group and GTKY all!
  • SP128SP128 member
    @babypi  It is so hard to when others are celebrating pregnancies and we aren't : (  Take care of yourself.  

@kkappl87 Sorry you find yourself here.  The ladies on here are pretty amazing.  
    Another temp drop this morning and definitely feel like AF is coming along with some clear cut spotting last night and this morning.  If AF starts today, I'll be CD3 on the day of my RE appointment (Thurs).  I'm hoping that he will schedule me for testing on Friday.  I spoke to the nurse yesterday afternoon and probably sounded like a crazy person.  I explained that my consult is this week but AF is starting soon.  She said that they don't schedule testing until after I see the doc since they don't know what he would order.  I want EVERYTHING!!!

I'm really hoping that I don't have to wait a whole other cycle to get this party started.  Hoping AF holds out until tomorrow and crossing my fingers to get a Saturday appointment.  

I hate this.
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Thank you @dragonfly87 - no other issues I'm aware of. Just a bit low on P although in range. It seems insensitive to me too. That's why I'm only on this board now - it happened in a different board. I need to stay strong and keep mind clear.
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited March 2017
    @SP128 - you will feel so much better after you get basic testing done. As each result comes back you will feel a sigh of relief. I did.

ETA - the waiting must suck though.  That's why I did all testing with my OB.  We had talked about it the month before it happened.  That gave me a month to figure out costs from insurance and to see if it was covered.  Since I don't have fertility coverage I opted to do it with an OB.  I don't believe I need to see an RE yet - I can't take much more stress as it is.  GL and hope you get those tests ordered.  If it doesn't happened until next month just know it will and enjoy another month of BD.
  • @babypi - sorry for the tough month. I didn't temp this month either. I might just stop temping I feel like I get a good enough indication of when I O with opks and CM. Everybody has to do what works for them.

@vlagrl29 - glad to see you are back and feeling better.

@dragonfly87 - fx for you! I freak out if I don't have any symptoms and freak out if I have AF like symptoms that could also be pg. The TWW is a lose lose.

@moonlady - amazon echo - cool! Sorry you are getting AF cramps.

@ SP128 - hopefully they can get you in for testing this cycle. I know waiting another cycle feels like an eternity. But you can still try this cycle and may get pg in the mean time! I know easier for me to say I have been feeling like pretty hopeless in general too. It just feels like it is never going to happen to me.
  • @tscalei: Haha, thanks. I agree...it is a lose lose. Now, my temps have been unusually stable for the past few days and this cycle's temps look very different than the last four cycles...so trying not to go BSC with SSing right now :)
  • SP128SP128 member
    @vlagrl29  Glad you took some time for yourself to reflect.  

@dragonfly87  I'm excited for you!!  I SS others - new low.  Forgive me.

@TScalei  Thanks lady.  I was an emotional wreck looking through the RE website.  Even though so many on this board get KU and I perused through the success stories on the website, I'm just fearful that it won't be me : (

DH has been fighting a dreadful cold since last Friday.  He was fighting it earlier last week too.  Hugh snow storm today so not sure if he is getting out of work on time.  Is it bad to be like "meh at least it's not during FW." ?
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @SP128 - I know I really feel like everyone else can get pg besides me..it just sucks. Its just getting harder and harder to move on to the next cycle. I haven't even started testing yet and I am already feeling this way - ugh.

@dragonlady87- Eeeh thats exciting! Are you still going to hold out for testing until Friday? Im 6 DPO with no symptoms but then I have to remind myself Im 6 DPO. lol
  • Hi Everyone,

Status: CD22, Maybe 6 days past o? My cycle has been wonky lately  :s

Rant: Social Media is really getting to me lately, I can't tell you how many people I come across on Instagram that are announcing their pregnancy at 5 wks, 6wks, etc.  It really triggers my anger for some reason, hope I'm not the only one... 

Rave: I'm enjoying a snow day today, we live in Massachusetts and many businesses closed today in anticipation of the snow storm... So pajamas and lots of movies today for us  :)

GTKY: I get the ipsy glam bag every month and I love it. I am a makeup lover and ipsy sends all sorts of samples every month from high end makeup companies. Ex. lipsticks, mascara, hair products and even facial masks..  I pay $10 a month but it's worth it to me. 

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• @SP128. When I went to my initial appt with RE I just went for consultation.  He did blood draw that day and had results same day.  He gave me script for IUI process and then told me to go home and talk with DH to see if wanted to do IUI or timed intercourse with meds.  It seems like they work really fast once you get in there.  I hope your appt goes well Thursday!  
  • @SP128 sorry about sick dh.  Do you have to shovel in Boston?

@TScalei Hopefully you're next of your friends/family to get pg.  And now you can get all their hand me downs and advice. Saving the best for last obviously.
  • SP128SP128 member
    @Mack2342  Thanks lady.  

@justsuzie We don't have sidewalks which is awesome.  We do have a pretty large driveway.  Our neighbor usually does our driveway for us.  He is retired and enjoys it.  He ruptured his achilles tendon... womp womp womp.  Do you have to shovel in CT?
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @Alemarie1 - social media pg announcements are the worst bec it just gets you out of nowhere. I feel like it makes me hate cutesy pg announcements and just want to be straightforward when I announce it. But Im sure I will change my mind when the time comes - obviously coming from a bitter state now. lol Friends have told me that ipsy is better than birchbox so I was thinking of giving it a try. I just love getting mail and sampling new products!!

Aww thanks @justsuzie- I try to remind myself that too. Having friends that have had dogs before has been helpful so it has to be the same right? lol How are your pups faring being cooped up? My pup got a puppy preschool snow day today! lol

• @SP128 Ugh, we have a super long driveway. NOT looking forward to shoveling.

@TScalei My dogs are miserable.  And the little dog can't even go out because he gets buried! My bf is due in 3 months and I am finally starting to be okay with it.  Barely. 
  • Need some perspective ladies. I just harped on a newbie last night that posted in the WTO threads of TTGP. She just finished cycle 1, month 1 and wrote that based on symptoms she thought she might have had a CP. She couldn't be certain, but thought that she may have seen a faint positive when testing in a bathroom at some non-home location, but didn't look long enough to know for sure. All other tests were negative. She had some spotting that she is classifying as "classic implantation bleeding" but arrived the day of/before her period. Then, when AF arrived, she had all these symptoms including nausea. So she feels like she might have had a CP.

I basically told her that it is really inappropriate to say on a message board or in real life that you think you had a CP based on symptoms alone. As a person who experienced one, I and others, are pretty offended it would be taken so lightly.

Now, she has been pretty respectful and apologetic in her responses, but clearly irked some other posters. I am not apologetic for my response, but should I feel guilty for harping? Just curious on other's thoughts.
  • SP128SP128 member
    @dragonfly87  Nope.  This whole TTC business with and without loss is really stressful.  Being irked by something like that is understandable.  Going to go lurk there now : )
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• edited March 2017
    @dragonfly87 I don't think you should feel guilty at all. I posted on TTGP before my loss and just haven't made it back over there, there seem to be a lot of newbies that need...educated (but I don't really like using that word for it. It's the best I can come up with for the moment) on the fact that how they say certain things can really hurt others. Yes, not getting KU your first cycle sucks, but don't try and make yourself a special snowflake who did get KU your first cycle but it must have just been a CP because obvi I'm so special there's no way I didn't get KU right away. Ecspecially when you're posting somewhere where women have been trying for many many months, and some have had multiple, real losses. It just makes you (perceived) look super insensitive. 

I hope that doesn't come across super judgey. I haven't read the thread in question and I'm not having the best TTCAL couple of days. 10 months and a loss will do that to you I guess. The past few days have seemed like a dark, gloomy hole of thinking about yet another month of trying.
    ETA:fix your/you're spelling.  
  • @dragonfly87 - There's a reason I'm only on this board lol - I don't think you were insensitive.  Most likely she wasn't pregnant and didn't have a chemical.  She probably had her period!
  • 1.) It's been awhile, I had to take a Bump break after my last M/C.  I'm 31 and I've had 2 miscarriages, one in Feb 2016 that was a blighted ovum at 8 weeks and one in October 2016 that was due to a cycstic hygroma at 14 weeks. It was rough, but hubby and I are trying again - can't give up hope!!

2.) 2nd month TTC. I'm supposed to get my period on Friday. I had insane cramps this morning and was sure that I was going to get it today, but AF still hasn't come. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. 

3.) My stupid fertility tracker completed changed my fertile dates, I think based on my CM, so I missed out on half of my fertile week! UGH. I did have sex on my most fertile days, but still...I was not a happy camper. Do you ladies use apps and if so, which one? Also, you would think that I would know this by now since I have been TTC for a year and a half, but does it matter which part of the fertile week I have sex in? Like, I know that I need to have sex on the most fertile days, but Im not going to lie, having sex 7 days in a row takes the fun out of it. Do you know if I have a better chance getting preggo leading up to my most fertile days, or after? I have been having sex like 5 out of the 7 days the past couple of months. 

4.) I loved Stitch Fix! It took all of the work out of shopping, and I could return the stuff I didn't like without feeling guilty. ;) 
    Me: 31  DH: 31
    Married: 11.2.14
    TTC: October 2015
    BFP: 1.24.16
    Confirmed MC: 2.25.16 at 8 weeks. Blighted Ovum.
    Baby Due: 4.24.17
    Confirmed M/C 10.27.16 at 14 weeks; D&C 10/28/16

• @dragonfly87 Don't feel guilty, but also don't let those posters get to you. I have realized by being on these boards a lot that are certain people that live in a world where they want everything to revolve around them all the time.  They aren't so much insensitive as they are unaware.  I think that they are actually apathetic to things that don't directly relate to them.  You see it everywhere.  WHat irks me is when people post and post and get annoyed that nobody is responding to them or helping them but yet on previous posts they NEVER respond to anyone else unless it directly relates to them.  That is one of my biggest annoyances.  I mean this is a community.  In order for it to be a community you need to be invested in others in the community and not just yourself.  This is why I adore many of the women here.  On TTCAL Check ins they respond to EVERYONE. (Even those who rarely respond to anyone else and just post about themselves nonstop.)  So basically I say don't give anyone any extra attention especially if it's negative attention.  They are probably just clueless.  Rant over. Sorry if I sound like a miserable witch.  Cabin fever setting in.
  • SP128SP128 member
    @justsuzie  Everything you posted.  I have cabin fever too.  2 frigid weekends in a row and the nonsense that is going on right now stinks.  However, DH has tomorrow off and I'm crossing my fingers for another day tomorrow.  I'll be ranting about being in school until the last days of June : )
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP