May 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 3.13.17

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

What's your progress or plans for your baby to do list? 

GTKY: What was the strangest thing you believed as a child?
Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: Monday Ticker Change 3.13.17

• 31 weeks

Asparagus?? 

I have an appointment in two hours and im pretty nervous bc up until last week everything seemed so normal and then last week was a whirlwind or dr visits, hospital visit, and problems. Now we have to check b's fluid again and of course their sizes, so I'm just hoping for everything to show up normal. 

It seems strange to complain about bed rest, but I'm not the type to enjoy sitting around so it's been a little emotional for me.

I had my in laws come over the weekend sip they could babysit while we finished our to dos and whatever i couldn't do, dh got done with them later while dd napped. So everything is finished incase these girls decide to come early.

I believed in a fairy that brought presents to sleepovers If you left a little cash under your pillow...
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 32 weeks 

How big is baby? Plastic scooter board (whatever that is)

Any appointments this week?  yup, tomorrow growth ultrasound

Symptoms? having trouble sleeping, I just can't get comfortable

Rants/Raves/Questions? We found a rocker/recliner for the nursery this weekend. I am super excited. It gets delivered on Thursday!!

What's your progress or plans for your baby to do list? So far so good. Waiting on my shower until I can finish up the nursery...which is making me anxious because I really want to get that item done off the list. But alas I will just need to wait

I thought when you had x-rays done a little guy jumped in through your ear to take pictures.

@Jkp7749 good luck on your appointment later this morning. Sending good juju your way!
  • How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? Coconut

Any appointments this week? Next week

Symptoms? Upper back pain mostly in the evenings.  I also feel squished... Like nothing else can fit in my belly after I eat. Sometimes I have the shallow breathing too @kns1988 try raising your hands above your head when it happens... My doc suggested this and it helps me.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Snowstorm tomorrow is not making me happy. Snowdays  means more make up days at school which potentially shortens my maternity leave. Not happy. 

What's your progress or plans for your baby to do list? The nursery is almost done which is a huge accomplishment since it started off as a gross wallpapered room with an old light fixture and drop ceilings. My husband did an amazing job removing the wallpaper, painting, wainscotting, and drywalling the ceiling.

I believed that Santa was real, but I knew the Easter Bunny and tooth fairy were my parents.
  • How far along are you? 29 Weeks!

How big is baby? Acorn Squash, apparently

Any appointments this week? Nope this is my week off

Symptoms? Heartburn continues, starting to get a little low back pain, but I'm hoping it's just because I had a very busy weekend at work. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing too exciting this week! 

What's your progress or plans for your baby to do list? This is a big week! I'm on spring break from school and took a PTO day from work so I'm off work AND school until Monday! MH unfortunately has an out of town conference this week although that means I get to do/eat/watch anything I want in the evenings. My dad is coming over two days this week to help me out new hardware in the nursery closet and assemble our dresser :) I'm planning to do some nursery decoration as well. I'm excited that I'll have somewhere to put all our cute little clothes and diapers etc! 

I'm struggling to think of something even though I know there must be several. I believed in Santa until way too old to be normal - probably 4th grade! Also, in kindergarten, my dad used to drink a can or two of Diet Coke in the morning and a can or two of BudLight or something similar in the evening. I told my kindergarten teacher that my dad drank "red beer" in the morning and "blue beer" at night. Yeah... my parents got a phone call from my teacher.  :D
  • How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? Ferret

Any appointments this week? Short, regular visit on Wednesday. 

Symptoms? RLP, insomnia, mild lower back pain started in the last week

Rants/Raves/Questions? After 3 weeks of a bad sinus infection, I was able to finally run again this morning. Not fast at all but still got 3 miles in which is great because my body had been feeling sore from not working out. On Thursday DH and I get to go on our little baby moon! Going to the mountains for 2 nights while my mom watches our kids. I definitely need this break and can't wait! 

What's your progress or plans for your baby to do list? Bought the infant car seat and diaper bag this past week. Also pre-registered for our hospital stay. I wanted to pull out the kids' clothes this past weekend (changing sizes) but I didn't get to so will probably try to do it this week. I want to get a to-do list written up to make sure I miss nothing and set up an appointment to have the car seats checked at the hospital. If I have time, I will try to order a nursing gown and/or start packing my hospital bag. 

We didn't believe in santa but we believed in the three kings (wise men) and I apparently was too naive and my parents too convincing because I believe until I was almost 12. 

@Jkp7749 - FX for a good appointment! Keep us updated. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• How far along are you?
    30 weeks
    How big is baby?
    A zucchini? 
    Next week
    Symptoms?
    After my mad dash after DS my pelvis is really messed up. I can barely walk but I think it's getting better. 
    My energy is still really good- probably because I'm finally taking my iron pills. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Should I be packing my hospital bag and installing the car seat?  It seems early. My baby shower is 4/1 so I was going to get everything set up after that. 
    I have moved DS to a big boy bed and moved some furniture into the nursery. I Still need to move the chair up from the basement and wash everything, receive and install the car seat, pack a hospital bag- pretty much everything! 
    we believed in santa for a looooooong time at our house. *christmas magic* I guess. 
  • How far along are you?
    31 Weeks! Down to single digit countdown

How big is baby?
    The size of a foam finger

No OB appointments, however I do have an allergist appointment!! 

Symptoms?
    starting to have a hard time sleeping, not much else right now other than the usual...

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    We had our baby shower this weekend! IT was over the top beautiful and amazing! What have other people done to thank the host? I want something sweet and sentimental...

We painted the room, set up the crib, and rocking chair!! We are getting the dresser this weekend

I didn't think I had a grandma, I even went home crying about a grandma tea at school and I had noone to go... We called my grandma  Yia-Yia.... umm yep, my mom was like well Yia-Yia will go with you, that made me cry even more since she wasn't "grandma" hahaha
  • How far along are you?
    30 weeks!

How big is baby?
    Motorcycle Helmet or zucchini... which seem like vastly different sizes! 

None this week!

Symptoms?
    Lots of movement (mostly towards my bladder!) at night. My sciatic pain seems to be returning unfortunately and insomnia. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    DD1 and DD2 both hung out super high and I always got painful jabs to the ribs. This LO is hanging out super low and I get most jabs to the bladder. I'd gladly take the rib jabs back then have the sudden urge to pee! 

I had a minor panic attack thinking about all the things I need to get done/but the other day but I made a list on my phone (thanks insomnia) last night that I think helped me visualize. The list is a lot longer than I was hoping but I think it's manageable. 

This is a good question, and a hard one! I was pretty naive as a child so I probably was one of those kids who believed in Santa far too long. Although I secretly hope my kids believe in him for a long long time as well! Seeing Christmas magic through your kids eyes is so fun! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @Jkp7749 - Yay! That's great news!

@Cubslove12 - that's a hilarious story!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @hp_momma I am big on list making! I feel like mine is too short and there is surely things I'm forgetting. Care to share yours??
  • @ShadeofGreen816 I have a list of baby items and I made my own list for hospital bag stuff (taken from your spreadsheet!) I have so many lists saved on my phone for various things, I love lists! 

Here's the baby items to buy (keep in mind this is LO#3 so I still have a lot of useable items from the previous two!)

Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • How far along are you? better late than never 33w3d

How big is baby? celery

Any appointments this week? Tuesday is my next scheduled but I got to visit the hospital for 5 hours thanks to a car accident. baby's heartbeat was good :)

Symptoms? I've got a sore spot on top right of my bump and the occasional burning feeling at the top middle of my bump. otherwise nothing new..slightly sore back

Rants/Raves/Questions

What's your progress or plans for your baby to do list? absolutely no progress! but after my fun yesterday I think my butt might get in gear

I don't remember anything not "normal". I did believe in Santa and Easter bunny, etc til 6th grade.