June 2017 Moms

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

Hormones have led me to a lot of silly, irrational tears and sobbing over the past couple of months. My students have really gotten a kick out of my crying stories lately, so I thought it would be fun to sort of make fun of our pregnant emotions here and share our irrational, hormonal meltdowns.

Here is mine from this week:

1) I was driving a couple hours away from home and naturally just listening to random Pandora music on the road. That Miranda Lambert "The House That Built Me Song" came on. In the song, there is a line about her favorite dog being buried in the yard of her childhood home. This made me instantly think of my own dogs' mortality, and it spiraled out of control from there. I invisioned having to make the decision to put them down, and then it truly felt like my dogs and died or were dying. Cue ugly crying. Thinking about my dogs passing would be enough to make me sad any day, but I was openly sobbing in the car. Thanks, hormones.

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

• swanbroonerswanbrooner member
    edited March 2017
    @Wearmi1 That almost made me cry!

I forgot I had another one! DH and I bought some new bar stools for our kitchen and splurged a little. We were on our way home, and one FLEW out of the back of the truck, onto the highway, and smashed into lots of tiny bar stool pieces. I watched the whole  thing from the passenger mirror and immediately cried.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH had to stop by work and grab something while we were out and I stayed in the car. I started sobbing because he took 'way too long' when in reality it was only 10 mins. I knew it was irrational, but I couldn't stop myself. 
  • Anything sad on tv (This is Us) or remotely sad in a movie ( saw The Shack last night) full water works. No sobbing just tears streaming uncontrollably. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I cried during the last episode of Nashville. Watching them go through that loss made me put myself in their position and I couldn't handle it. 

I also *almost* started crying in the middle of BRU when I was looking at 9+month clothes for Victoria. Guys she's (obviously) not even here yet and I already don't want her to get bigger than the 6month stage lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @kdanjou I started watching it the other day and couldn't handle little lost baby Dory.
  • Podcasts are so dangerous. I havn't broken out into tears yet, but my face has bunched up several times listening to This American Life or the TED Radio Hour on the train. One story in partiular was a TED Talk where a woman was talking about working with assistive technology for children with vocal disabilities. It struck her at a conference how a young girl and middle aged man speaking to each other at a conference would use the same Steven Hawking voice technology. She works at a company that uses someone's own vocal sounds and a "voice donor" who has similar sound frequencies to approximate a voice technology that would become that person's "own voice." It was so beautiful.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I was watching March of the Penguins last weekend.  I had to shut it off.  I just couldn't handle them dying.  And when they lost their eggs or babies. 
  • I cried during the first sex scene during 50 shades...I think b/c I feel bad I'm not giving DH any but I have no interest :(
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • There was a deer that had been hit on the side of the highway but it was still alive. It was laying on its stomach with its legs all splayed out and it looked so confused and scared. Cue crying down the the highway.
  • I've been crying over food a lot. Also sobbing thinking of all the things I need to get done before she gets here. Just a busy couple months, and I'm exhausted thinking about it. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • @LMMama, that story makes me want to cry! Poor deer! Ugh. 
    I cried when I realized I can't eat soft ice cream with sprinkles. I was diagnosed with GD the day my favorite ice cream shop opened for the season. Dumb. I know.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • I started crying this morning while half asleep because I was trying to wake up from a dream where DH and I were having a horrific fight and I was confused for a moment about whether or not we had actually fought. 

The most memorable crying I've done this whole pregnancy though is when I was making turkey pot pies for the freezer after thanksgiving and one fell on the ground as I was trying to wrap it in plastic wrap. Trying to clean up pot pie innards while unable to see due to tears was tough. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • The other day my dad said I'd have to wait a day until I could get a cheeseburger... 5 minutes later he walked in me gross sobbing about it and laughing because I knew how stupid it was, so that scared him into getting me one anyway lmao. I also teared up during dinner yesterday while eating a Cornish hen because it was so small and the baby is so small and I started thinking about it's little chicken family, and again because the weather was so cold and damp we decided to skip the fair, and AGAIN when I bumped a curb backing out of a parking spot and my bf laughed (I'm new to driving and I was already wound up from having to skip the fair,  I was excited about the ferries wheel) 
  • Hasn't taken much this week...

1. My FIL's asshole comments that are always sarcastic, but I always take them the wrong way

2. Kenny Chesney's "That's the Good Stuff" came on the radio yesterday and I couldn't hold back the tears

3. DH and I were installing the new fan in the nursery today - long story short we broke the glass globe, I got pissed first then broke down in tears and couldn't stop them I had to go do something else. Another thing added to the half done list. 
  • mrtmrt member
    Last stop of the fun weekend I had planned for the kids didn't work out because most of the aquarium we went to didn't open when the website said it would. We went to the submarine museum instead, and did a million other fun things yesterday, but I still cried on the way home. Pregnancy combined with the tired that comes with sharing a hotel room with a 2 year old.
  • @meilay I've definitely cried because I knocked a nice prepared dinner plate on the floor. Its such an awful feeling. I think I also almost cried when I realized we were out of milk.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

• I've cried over food a few times. Once because we were going to go out for fish and chips for dinner, but then dh got stuck at work late so we didn't have time before dd's bedtime. I was so sad to have to wait until the next day I literally sat ob the kitchen floor and cried. Now dh is super receptive to my food cravings. Right now he is making me scrambled eggs with cheese and hot sauce lol. 

I also cried during a really stupid episode of ncis at MIL's house and during the trailer for A Dog's Purpose.

Last night I cried because dh and I discussed buying a pottery barn kids chair as a big sister present for dd, and he didn't think it was a good idea. For the totally valid reason that the place I was going to put it is also where I want to put a little table and chairs set for her, which has way more possibilities for play. But I really wanted her to have a cute little armchair!
  • @lmmama omg! I saw a baby deer over summer and I'm pretty sure police officer shot it and left it. We saw it dead the next morning. It wasn't all sprawled out though.
     Ughhhhh this upsets me thinking about it. Sorry you had to see that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I almost burnt my meatloaf in the air fryer tonight, then realized my clock wasn't set back... I panicked realizing I have to be in bed in 2 hours rather than 3. I may have cried a little about both. =\ 
  • tjvantjvan member
    Podcasts are so dangerous. I havn't broken out into tears yet, but my face has bunched up several times listening to This American Life or the TED Radio Hour on the train. One story in partiular was a TED Talk where a woman was talking about working with assistive technology for children with vocal disabilities. It struck her at a conference how a young girl and middle aged man speaking to each other at a conference would use the same Steven Hawking voice technology. She works at a company that uses someone's own vocal sounds and a "voice donor" who has similar sound frequencies to approximate a voice technology that would become that person's "own voice." It was so beautiful.
    Did you listen to the This American Life from last fall about the phone booth in Japan that people use to "speak" to their dead relatives? It was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever heard. I was listening on my drive home from work one day and literally had to pull off the highway because I was crying so hard.
  • I am out of guacamole and it was too late to go to Costco.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • @tjvan yeaaaaahs. That was such a good, terrible episode. Anyone listening would cry like a baby, pregnancy or no.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hormones have led me to a lot of silly, irrational tears and sobbing over the past couple of months. My students have really gotten a kick out of my crying stories lately, so I thought it would be fun to sort of make fun of our pregnant emotions here and share our irrational, hormonal meltdowns.

Here is mine from this week:

1) I was driving a couple hours away from home and naturally just listening to random Pandora music on the road. That Miranda Lambert "The House That Built Me Song" came on. In the song, there is a line about her favorite dog being buried in the yard of her childhood home. This made me instantly think of my own dogs' mortality, and it spiraled out of control from there. I invisioned having to make the decision to put them down, and then it truly felt like my dogs and died or were dying. Cue ugly crying. Thinking about my dogs passing would be enough to make me sad any day, but I was openly sobbing in the car. Thanks, hormones.

Omg I had the exact same experience last week with this song! My dog actually died the weekend this song came out and since then I haven't been able to listen to the song. I listened to it last week for the first time and damnnnn the flood of emotions, I was drowning in my own tears.
  • @neludelu Ugh, I'm so sorry.  <3
  • @berg THIS yes! DH is currently deployed so anything military related is getting me. 
  • tjvan said:
    Podcasts are so dangerous. I havn't broken out into tears yet, but my face has bunched up several times listening to This American Life or the TED Radio Hour on the train. One story in partiular was a TED Talk where a woman was talking about working with assistive technology for children with vocal disabilities. It struck her at a conference how a young girl and middle aged man speaking to each other at a conference would use the same Steven Hawking voice technology. She works at a company that uses someone's own vocal sounds and a "voice donor" who has similar sound frequencies to approximate a voice technology that would become that person's "own voice." It was so beautiful.
    Did you listen to the This American Life from last fall about the phone booth in Japan that people use to "speak" to their dead relatives? It was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever heard. I was listening on my drive home from work one day and literally had to pull off the highway because I was crying so hard.
    I listened to that one in the shower - should we bring back the Am I Normal post? - and was happy to just wash the tears away.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

• HgPaHgPa member
    The Google doodle reminded me that it is Holi, and it makes me miss my sister. We were in India together in 2010 during the festival.

She's in Senegal with Peace Corps and is only about 6 months into her 2.5 year program. She'll be home and get to meet Jamie next Christmas, but I can't believe she's so far away and won't be here for the birth. She's my best bud.

I cried at my desk for a few minutes when I opened Chrome. Good thing I have a door to
    close.
  • DS1 turned two this past week and last night when I was singing him lullabies he started to "sing" with me -- it was so sweet I cried. Then thought that my two year old now thinks that his singing makes me cry.... which made me cry more.

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Stankonia2014Stankonia2014 member
    edited March 2017
    DD has been asking me to read Nancy Tillman books...man, those get me in the feels every single time.

The posts above reminded me that she has a book about Heaven of Animals, sad, but great book.
  • I must be broken because I have not cried at all this whole pregnancy. I watch sad shows (Greys and This Is Us) and NOTHING. Didn't cry at any ultrasounds or when we found out she is a girl.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just watched the leads from Miss Saigon sing on the Today show and I cried the entire time.  Wtf??
  • @alm52386 I haven't cried or even been misty at any of my ultrasounds!
  • kcrocetto27kcrocetto27 member
    edited March 2017
    With a potential snow day for tomorrow in Philly, I'm tearing up because DH took the dog overnight to his Mom's house a half an hour away to sleep over because she is on vacation and he wants to shovel her walkway etc in the morning. He took our dog because he didn't want me to have to walk him in the storm (we are in the city), which is very sweet of him, but now I'm crying because I miss my dog and hubs. I travel 3 days  2 nights away from home every month, so I dunno why tonight is that different, but I guess it's because the likely situation for tomorrow is that we will have a snow day and he will be there and I will be here and I want Pjs and cuddles. I dunno. Hormones I guess. 
  • @alm52386 I'm with you. I have only cried a couple times and the reasons were pretty normal - stress/being overwhelmed. No crying at TV shows or the ultrasounds either.
    Pregnancy Ticker