2nd Trimester
Options

Backache relief

Hi lovely ladies!
im 21 weeks pregnant with my first and i have been having horrible backache for the last couple of days.Any ideas as to how to relieve it?
also im new to this place.best wishes for u all!

Re: Backache relief

• Options
    Use a heating pad for a few minutes or a warm bath with epsom salt. Drink a lot of water if you use the epsom. Prenatal massage is awesome if that's an option for you!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    We have a massage chair thing that you just put in a recliner and relax. It works wonders. You can find them on amazon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I ended up having a tilted sacrum, so I'm seeing a chiropractor now. It also seems to be helping to use bigger pillows between my legs when I sleep.
    Is it upper or lower back pain? Mine was lower and my hips.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Consider a cold wrap.  All the changes could be causing inflammation.  I couldn't use heat at all, effected blood pressure and really only felt nice at the time.  I worked at a desk all day and once I got the back wrap I was able to manage so much more.  It did wonders.  Worth a look into, you still have quite a few weeks to go. - https://kingbrand.com/Back-Ice-Packs-and-wraps.php?REF=34PV4.280

• Options
    Thanks for the tips ladies.
    Using a heating pad does help quite a bit.
    I seem to be getting leg cramps now which cud b really annoying! My ob/gyn put me on progesterone cuz of an irritable uterus.I guess that sorta helped with the backache too.

• Options
    With leg cramps, be sure to stay well hydrated as well.  I reduced drinking water in evening because I would pee so much over night and thats when leg cramps started.  Would rather get up and pee than get up in agony.