September 2017 Moms

PGAL check in 3/8

Re: PGAL check in 3/8

• How far along are you? 

15w3d

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...)

I'm feeling pretty good mentally. We got our cell free DNA results back and everything is good! Such a huge relief after having a PG with T13. 
    Physically, better overall, still having some nausea though and tired. 

When is your next appointment? 

Not until March 29. Had a quick appointment on Monday after some spotting. Everything, baby included, looked fine. 

Whats the next pregnancy related thing you're looking forward to? 

Cannot wait to feel the baby move

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Raving about my great cell free DNA results and that we found out we're having a boy! My daughter still wants a sister, hopefully she'll get over it. So happy baby is healthy! And we officially announced to everyone via social media, so that was exciting.

GTKY:  Who is your favorite fictional character? (From books, TV, or movies)

hmmm I don't know! If I go off of tv shows I'm watching right now, it's a tie between Randall and Toby on This Is Us. 

@Texafornian just wanted to tell you I've been thinking about you. I would never wish something like this on anyone. My sons diagnosis was also likely fatal. if he had survived, it most likely wouldn't have been long or he would've needed medical attention around the clock. His quality of life, especially with minimal brain function, would have been very poor. It's a decision no person, especially a mother carrying the child would ever want to make. Glad you're feeling better today though.
  • lap018  you feel the baby move already?? omg, jealous.... when did you start feeling movement?
    This time around I felt the first movement at 12 weeks and now I felt it last night,  but just the two times! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Texafornian You are not bringing anyone down.  I admire your strength and sound reasoning.  Rooting for you and here for support!
  • JNR6510JNR6510 member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 
    13+1 Our due date was updated following the NT scan. LO was measuring a whole week ahead!
    How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...)
    Physically exhausted, but otherwise great! Laurel is doing fantastic, constantly kicking and moving about during the US.
    When is your next appointment? 
    In two weeks
    Whats the next pregnancy related thing you're looking forward to? 
    I'm excited for our next appointment. DH and I haven't gotten to hear the heartbeat yet, so we are really excited to get to hear it at the next appointment as long as Laurel cooperates.
    Rant/Rave/Questions?
    We are team pink!!!! DH is so happy! He has all these wonderful things he wants to make for her.
    GTKY:  Who is your favorite fictional character? (From books, TV, or movies)
    Definitelt Sherlock Holmes

ETA: typo
  • @LaceyC1020 I didn't take it that way  :)

@HollyGolightly09 sorry you're feeling puny  :(

@ashley2824 I'm so sorry you went through such an awful experience...happy you're getting that rainbow!

@JNR6510 <3 that your DD is honing to be "daddy's girl!" So sweet...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • You guys, I'm freaking out about our NT scan tomorrow. Everything looked really good at our ultrasound yesterday, and I have no reason to believe anything is wrong. But I've never been this pregnant without a problem before. And LO was so active and full of life yesterday, and I've fallen in love, and I'm terrified of losing it all again. My PGAL brain hasn't been this bad the entire pregnancy, and my anxiety just came rushing in today. I've done my guided meditation, took a warm bath, and had tea, and all the things I usually do, but it's still lingering around the edges. I think I'm usually really good at pushing all my fears aside, and not dwelling on how desperately I want this baby, and today I just can't. Ughhhhh...it's a terrible time for my therapist to be out of town.       

• @amandarene112 Hugs and breathe! Everything will go fine at your NT! I'm gonna meditate a bit and do the "ommmmmmm" thing. <3

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @amandarene112 Try to focus on what you just told us... everything looked great yesterday. Baby was very active. There's no reason to think everything isn't perfect. Maybe try to distract yourself? Watch a favorite movie, or read a book that requires a lot of focus. What time is your appointment tomorrow? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 Thankfully it's early, 8:45 am, Pacific time. I just turned on a Harry Potter audio book. They are one of my happy places, so hopefully that helps. 

@Sugargirl1019 Thank you! I'm trying. Hope you have a very peaceful, stress-relieving meditation session. :)

• @amandarene112 I have my nuchal test tomorrow too, and I'm so freaked out. I feel like throwing up everytime I think about it, and it's not the pregnancy nausea. 
  • @texafornian hug. I am so sorry you are going through this. I am impressed by your strength and grace. I would be a hot mess. 

@lahearn18 hooray for spending time with you dh

@lap018 I like the name. 
  • Get it, @lahearn18! One of us should be having sex around here, haha!

@heatherwilson321 We can be anxiety buddies together. ;) I'll be praying everything is perfect at both our scans tomorrow! 

• Good luck to everyone with appointments today. 

Im not going to copy & paste because my mobile hates the bolded format.

Weeks: 14+1

How are you doing? I had my first touch of spotting yesterday which was crappy because I had just told a few people. But it has stopped and I'm keeping calm about it for the most part. 

When is your next apointment? Next Wednesday I have a scan at the MFM. 

What is the next pregnancy related thing you are looking forward to? Telling DH's family and a bit over a week.

Rant/Raves/Questions: Just so happy things looks good thus far. Started Lovonox (blood thinners for a clotting condition) last night. This was nice because every other time I've started at heartbeat in week 6. 

GTKY: Who is your favorite fictional character? Ferris Bueller
  • I AM SICK! Just in time to go back for a bazillion days in a row of work! Idk how I'm gonna do this :(

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • How far along are you?  11w4d

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) mentally, still nervous since I haven't had my first appt yet and I don't know if baby is ok. Physically, still very nauseous and tired. With my 2 miscarriages I never had morning sickness and with my 2 successful pregnancies I did. So I'm taking it as a good sign. 

When is your next appointment? Monday, FINALLY!!!! 

Whats the next pregnancy related thing you're looking forward to? Monday, my first appt and NT scan at 12w1d. I feel like I will finally be able to breathe as long as everything is ok! 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Just counting down the days until Monday! I thought I would be excited to finally announce after my NT scan but now that it's almost here I'm not sure. I kind of like having a secret. 

GTKY:  Who is your favorite fictional character? (From books, TV, or movies) Right now it's annalise keating from how to get away with murder. She is so smart and also kind of bad. I like it. ;) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Texafornian I'm so sorry about the news. I pray for a miracle. However your strength and grace during this time seems incredible. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @JNR6510 yay team pink! and I LOVE the name Laurel-- so pretty!

@amandarene112 and @heatherwilson321  FX for your scans today-- I know how nervewracking it can be but take deep breaths and I'm sure you'll both be seeing an active wiggling baby on the screen before you know it. 
  • @Sugargirl1019 Oh no! What kind of sick? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Texafornian thinking about you at your scan today! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Texafornian ❤❤❤❤ Much love & thinking of you!!!!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Prayers and love and hugs and all the good thoughts with you @Texafornian 
  • @HollyGoLightly09 Sinus pressure/headache sick :(

@Texafornian GL at your CVS today <3

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Gah! I thought my days of crippling all-day nausea were past. I was wrong.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Gah...still waiting! They're 30 mins behind already and I'm supposed to have a full bladder. Bahahaha. I've peed 4x while waiting...come ON let's get this over with!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • oh man! FX for you and LO, @texafornian!

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @amandarene112  yay!! We saw our little one sucking a thumb last week, too... so sweet! So glad everything went well :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited March 2017
    general rant because I don't know where else to put this

so, my mother wants to come stay with us when the baby is born and I am very unhappy about this...
    little back story: I was adopted and raised by my grandparents... my mom was in and out of my life... she has since become disabled and is wheelchair bound about 80% of the time and now lives with my grandparents 

she thinks the best time to come stay with my husband and I is right when the baby comes home... I would like time to get used to a new life with my newborn before we have any guests staying with us.. in fact, we plan on putting our two small dogs in boarding for the first two weeks so I can focus completely on my son

I don't think this is at all unreasonable however because she has sent us some baby stuff she seems to think she has a right to just arrive whenever she feels..... ugh

as a side note... I planned on taking the baby out to see everyone when he is like two months old because it is important my grandparents (again, the people who raised me) get to spend time with him.. i wish she would just wait until I come to them
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • harleyquinn0621 that sounds HORRIBLE. My dad and step mom were planning on coming up for a visit to Maine/Mass (from FL). When they found our our EDD, they said, oh maybe we'll plan a 2 week stay...  The only thing that makes that acceptable is that I know they will spend almost all that time in Maine. And I know my step dad and aunt, and my ILs will all be back and forth from Maine to see us. I'm stressed out thinking about it already. 

I am NOT going to want to entertain right before I give birth, and I don't want anyone around when we get home. But I know that's more or less out of my hands. The only thing I think I can do is declare our bedroom OFF LIMITS, so I can go hide when I need to.
  • @jena333 I will never figure out WHY family thinks new moms want people staying with them when they come home from the hospital... maybe in some circumstances it might be helpful.. but DH is totally hands on already and I know will provide me plenty of help and support and we have all his family just a phone call away if we really need something... no need to travel out of state to come in and stay with us immediately 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • @harleyquinn0621 I think you should put your foot down on this, and do to hard and fast, with no ambiguity. If you allow her to cross our boundaries now, it may get worse as time goes on. I hope you work it out!

@Texafornian My everything is crossed for you! :heart:

• @Texafornian - still thinking of you a lot. 
  • @jena333 I will never figure out WHY family thinks new moms want people staying with them when they come home from the hospital... maybe in some circumstances it might be helpful.. but DH is totally hands on already and I know will provide me plenty of help and support and we have all his family just a phone call away if we really need something... no need to travel out of state to come in and stay with us immediately 
    ^^^^^^^^the bolded part! DH is amazing, and is my actual partner in life - in our 13ish years, we've worked out which household chores we don't hate, and it's fairly even now. He's also a champ at reading my mood, and being my "mean guy" so I know I'll be able to have a meltdown, and he'll turn it into actual words and kick people out if I need space.
  • @Texafornian I'm just so sorry you're having to go through all this mess, but your attitude is amazing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Texafornian  I can't even imagine how you feel going through this... I am just so sorry :( 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @Texafornian still thinking about you and your sweet baby. I'm so sorry you have to go through this.
    BabyFruit Ticker