TTC after 35

TTC After 35 Weekly Check-in (week of Mar 6)

Hi everyone! I'm so glad this thread was well received last week and it really seemed to pick up the energy on the board.  

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  

D
iagnosis (If you've been)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable)

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  

Rants/Raves

What's new in your life not TTC related?: 
History and blog link in spoiler
2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
May 2020 FET; BFN
July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

Re: TTC After 35 Weekly Check-in (week of Mar 6)

• Hey ladies - I Love this new template thingy. I have actually been staying away for the past few weeks because there wasn't really anything new to report, but this is great!

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):   I have an appt scheduled with a new OBGYN on April 5.  Hoping that she will prescribe some clomid.  We've been officially at this for 13 months now.  My m/c was 3/17/2016.

D
    iagnosis (If you've been): I have only been told that everything is normal and this is what happens when you get old. (just turned 37 in December)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD 25 - 13 DPO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  We tried Robitussin. I could really tell that it had a huge difference on my CM

Rants/Raves
    : Rant - the never ending winter cold has taken out my family for going on 3 weeks now. My 3 year old had pneumonia last week, my 6 year old is home from school again today with a fever and both DH and I have been sick for the past week with no end in sight!  I can't wait for spring!

What's new in your life not TTC related?:  nothing new. Just looking to get over these darn colds! 

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • I love these!!! Thanks for posting! 

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):

I am not sure.  :/ I'm either 1dpo or WTO. 

D
    iagnosis (If you've been): n/a

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD22 on 33 day cycle

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  OPK, temping (trying to anyway.  I don't like my bbt thermometer. I think I'm going to get a new one) 

Rants/Raves
    : I'm frustrated because I don't know if I'm ovulating or not and frustrated because I don't feel some of my temps are right. My opk's aren't getting darker, haven't had a positive one in the 9 days I've been doing them 2x a day. Enough complaining, going for my annual ob/gyn appt Thursday and I love her, so I'll chat with her about it to. We are only 5 mos in so I don't feel I have a right to complain yet. 

What's new in your life not TTC related?: for lent, I've given up clutter. So, I'm focusing on that. 1 bag full of clutter per day for 40 days. Working my way through my house room by room! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 10/21/11 EDD 06/22/12 natural m/c 11/03/11 6w6d

BFP#2 03/08/12 EDD 11/19/12 met our sweet boy @ 36w5d! 10/25/12!

• Loading the player...
  • @brigidjerrell I hope you like your new doc! I forgot about using robitussin! I can't take it because of my anti anxiety medication. 

• liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited March 2017
    Hi, 
    I've started my first FET cycle (from my 2nd IVF) and trying hard to relax and stay positive. 
    It's frustrating to hear my RE say "you're still unexplained to me, so I'm going to throw some meds at you just in case you have x or y". She basically says my egg number/quality is great since I had 22 eggs, 8 blasts and 70% PGS normal, DH has some count and DNA issues but still it should have produced something, at least CP, after a year and 2 IUIs...I had endo and polyps removed, I'm thin and eat healthy....So basically suspects now either endo at microscopic level interfering with fertilization/implantation or some kind of luteal defect (not enough progesterone produced by corpus lutem)....
  • @bestofjoy Unexplained is so frustrating.  When is your FET scheduled?

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  on bcp prepping for ER #2

D
    iagnosis (If you've been): DOR

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): around 14 but on bcp so it doesn't matter

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  last pill will be Thursday and then starting stims Sunday or Monday.  

Rants/Raves
    : I hate being on bcp.  I'm moody, my hair is gross and my face is broken out.  I can't wait to take the last pill.  

What's new in your life not TTC related?:  H is away for a full week so I'm probably eating take out all week (I'll try for healthy options) and I get to watch whatever I want on TV.  I miss him but so far its not so bad.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @katekate628 you have every right to feel frustrated at 5 months!  You don't have to put a number on when you get to start having feelings.  Feel what you're feeling. It's better than denying that you're feeling something. 

I love your plan for Lent! That is amazing.  My family is a clutter factory!  I feel like I could spend all day walking around behind each of them (DH included hahah) and our house would still be cluttered!  Good for you for attacking the house clutter!

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • @katekate628 I just wanted to say giving up clutter for lent is genius! I've been slowly decluttering my stuff, mostly because we just moved and I realized I am a crazy hoarder. Not tv level, but you know. I wish I'd thought of this! I might borrow this idea and start today!
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  Stiming for ER#3

D
    iagnosis (If you've been): DOR

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): N/A

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  IVF

Rants/Raves
    : Very frustrated with my mail order pharmacy, as I have been trying to get Menopur from them since last week.  Luckily I had some left over from my last cycle or I would be SOL.  I'm so lucky my insurance pay for IVF, but this cycle they are requiring me to get meds from a very inefficient mail order pharmacy. Ugh!

What's new in your life not TTC related?:  I'm exited to go to a brunch potluck on Sunday, but I am not sure what to make.  I signed up for a savory entrée. Any ideas?
    41 y.o.
    TTC 1.5 Years
    Dx: DOR (Age related)
    IVF #1 May 2016 - BFN
    IVF #2 Oct 2016 - BFN
    IVF #3 March 2017 - 1 4BB frostie - awaiting PGS results
    IVF #4 April 2017
  • @ivfover40 Who is your pharmacy?  I switched from Freedom to Apothecary by Design this cycle and I'm nervous that they won't be as organized but they were so much less expensive and we are self-pay for meds. 

As for savory brunch entrees,I have to say something with bacon.  I love bacon. 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• SP128SP128 member
    @ivfover40  Home fries? or a quiche? 

@laurad75  FX crossed for your EG : )

@katekate628  Sorry for the uncertainty.  Bodies are just so confusing.  

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  TWW

D
    iagnosis (If you've been): na

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 7DPO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  prenatals, OPKs, temping, a little pineapple core

Rants/Raves
    :  My body was being confusing this cycle.  I turned a pos OPK after I Oed.  WTF?  

What's new in your life not TTC related?:  Ha...  I really need to think about this one and get back to you.  My life has been consumed with TTC for the last 10 months.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @ivfover40 - quiche is a delicious savory vehicle to add whatever toppings you'd like....sausage, bacon, cheese...yum

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • @laurad75 FET is sometime in the next 2 weeks if my body is regular this month, depends on the O day. 
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)
    On BCPs, planning for things to get going end of March

D
    iagnosis (If you've been):
    DOR

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?)
    Reciprocal IVF using my wife's ovaries, my uterus

Rants/Raves

I feel like I've developed a little more patience in this process, since I've had so many IUIs and cancelled IVFs, but my wife is feeling really on edge.  We started the process in January, but had to delay because she wasn't properly suppressed.  She's really anxious that things won't work perfectly.  I try to tell her, we're shooting for a 30%, maybe 40% chance of success, given our age, so we may have to do this a few times to see if it's going to work.  I'm afraid she won't have the stamina for it.

What's new in your life not TTC related?:
    I've given up facebook for Lent.  I'm feeling a little out of touch from my friends, but I also have so much more *time* during the day for everything else, and I'm reading more books, so it's going well.

@katekate628 That's a great idea, to use Lent to fight clutter!

@laurad75 I'm excited for you, that you are ready to start stims in a few days.  There's so much waiting with IVF.  I just feel like I want to be *doing* something.

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @KLake42 Ugh the waiting.  Taking the bcp is the worst because it's so counterintuitive to what we are trying to do.  I take my last pill tomorrow morning and should start stims by early next week.  I can't wait to get productive again.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @brigidjerrell ty for the support! Hope the clutter removal works out for you!!

@SP128 thank you!  How do you do the pineapple core? 

@DanieKA glad I could help to inspire you! I haven't left my kitchen yet! Lol

@KLake42 I gave up Facebook a few years in a row. I definitely felt out of touch, but it was kind of nice to have that time back. 

• Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  TWW after IUI #2

D
    iagnosis (If you've been): male factor, possible poor egg quality/DOR

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 13DPO (I usually start AF 17 or 18DPO.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  prenatals, vitamin D, IUI with Femara CD3-7. Prepping for IVF- will start Bcp on day 1 of cycle. I had some brown spotting today and then bright red when using bathroom but now just back to dark brown only when I wipe so I'm not quite ready to call this CD1 and call clinic to start BFP yet. Thoughts anyone? ***TW*** with DD I thought I had had a light period so I'm hesitant to start Bcp until I know for sure I'm not pregnant***end TW***

Rants/Raves

What's new in your life not TTC related?: 
  • @laurad75 I used Apothecary by Design my first two cycles and I had no issues.  My insurance is now making me use Prime Therapeutics and they take forever to fill a prescription, there is always something tying it up. And yes, bacon is definitely on the menu!

@brigidjerrell I am definitely leaning towards quiche or a frittata!
    41 y.o.
    TTC 1.5 Years
    IVF #1 May 2016 - BFN
    IVF #2 Oct 2016 - BFN
    IVF #4 April 2017
  • Question for you lovely ladies.  I am on day 6 of Stims and woke up nauseated and vomited twice this morning.  Doesn't seem to be a virus.  I did get nauseated with my other two cycles, but never this bad.  Has anyone else experienced this with IVF meds?
    41 y.o.
    TTC 1.5 Years
    IVF #1 May 2016 - BFN
    IVF #2 Oct 2016 - BFN
    IVF #4 April 2017
  • SP128SP128 member
    @Momifbysea  Love me some cookies and ice cream.  

*****TW*******    W hen I got preg I had some light red/pink spotting that turned into brown spotting the next day.  For me it was IB  ******end TW******
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @Momifbysea- I would wait for sure.  With both DD and my loss I had a period with both.  I apparently don't turn a pregnancy test positive until the 4 week mark
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my AF was super short this cycle.  barely any spotting sunday, AF heavier Monday, lighter Tuesday and now its gone. 
  • Wow @vlagrl29 that is super short! I think I'm freaking out that I'm either having one so short that I'll miss starting the bcp for IVF and not get to do it before we move OR that I am pregnant and take the bcp when I shouldn't. Needless to say I just got back from Walmart with a 3-pack of tests so I'll test before I take the pills.

@ivfover40 in our IVF class they said nausea/vomiting/diarrhea were common with the stims. That's one of my fears with this upcoming cycle since I'm prone to stomach side effects, even with bcp's! I hope it passes soon for you!
  • @Momifbysea for sure test before you take that stuff just in case. I did have a little bit more spotting tonight but still - this cycle is a bit shorter than last month. Remember I use to get 5 days pre AF spotting. No more.

just from my reaction to the P pill last week I know I could never do IVF - you ladies are strong.
  • @ivfover40 Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so lousy.  I would call the clinic and tell them you are having these symptoms just to be safe.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Thanks ladies!  I'm feeling much better today.  At my monitoring appointment today they said it could be from the stims and to just take it easy and let them know if it gets worse.  I may be decreasing my stims tonight, so we shall see.  My ultrasound showed 8 follies growing with the largest at 19, so I still have time.  My guess is ER will be mid next week. Just waiting for the nurse to call with labs and next steps...
    41 y.o.
    TTC 1.5 Years
    IVF #1 May 2016 - BFN
    IVF #2 Oct 2016 - BFN
    IVF #4 April 2017
  • katekate628katekate628 member
    edited March 2017
    Went to ob/gyn for annual today. Talked about ttc & being 5 mos in. Not getting a positive opk this month at least that I can tell. She asked if I was having period, and I am. So she said I was ovulating. We talked about me losing weight which I know I need to do. She told me to try different opks and handed me the card for the RE that they refer to. I know all practices are different but is that the norm for a regular ob/gyn? In feeling a little blown off, but maybe that's how it works? I was literally in and out in 25 min. 

• On a positive note, I spoke with United Health Care and the rep told me that my company has the best coverage she's ever seen! 

• @katekate628- if you have fertility coverage go ahead and go to the RE.  My OB went ahead and had us do all the testing with her.  I'll be using P suppository later this month during 2 ww - all other tests were normal.  5 months isn't that long IMO - I'm 36 and want to give myself a full year before all that extra stress comes of TTC.  Obviously do all the testing for a peac

I'll be taking a break from the boards for about a week.  I need to re focus  my energies on what really matters and not be all freaked out that something is wrong with  me when its very possible that there isn't.
  • @katekate628 I think that's normal. My ob's both did (or would have done) the exact same thing, both here and when I lived in ny she said she would have. Said it's just out of their expertise. I was grateful to get to a specialist for best potential! Glad you have great coverage! We do too until we move in June which is one reason we will try IVF before the move.
  • @vlagrl29 good luck with the suppositories! Hope your break helps you get re-focused!!

I'm going to be 37 and **TW**

my son will be 5 this year. My first 2 pregnancies happened very quickly for me, on the first cycle trying.  My first ended in miscarriage, 2nd my DS. So, I know 5 mos, 6 if AF comes next week doesn't seem like a long time to most but it does to me. Hopefully if AF comes I can get in to the RE and see if something is going on. 

• @Momifbysea thanks for the info, being new to a lot of this stuff, I dont know what the normal steps are. Super good luck vibes for your ivf procedures!!

• @katekate628 Yes, that's absolutely the norm for your OB to refer you to an RE.  An OB did some initial bw for me when we first started trying but given my age she pretty much sent me to an RE immediately.  The standard recommendation for women over 35 is to seek testing and possibly treatment if you have been trying for at least 6 months.  It doesn't hurt to make the appointment and you can always cancel if you get a BFP in the meantime.  

As for the OPKs - I ovulate just fine but I think I've only seen a positive OPK one cycle.  It may be worth temping if you want to track your cycles.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 thank you for your help! New thermometer on way from Amazon!! 

• @katekate628 That's great.  If you haven't already, I also recommend reading Taking Control of Your Fertility.  I found it super helpful when I first started tracking and its an easy read.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog