September 2017 Moms
Options

Nbr: big family cars!

2»

Re: Nbr: big family cars!

• Options
    We have a Dodge Grand Caravan and LOVE it. It's my mama beast! Currently we have two kids so they each sit in the 2nd row captain seats. There is a walkway between them which goes to the 3rd row. We can store this row flat so we have Killeer trunk space - we often haul wood from Home Depot for DIY projects back there with no problem. Once baby3 is born our oldest will go in the back and we will still be able to fold one seat into the floor for extra trunk space. 

But the sellers for us: automatic sliding doors + trunk, auto start, DVD player in back, vents and separate 2nd AC system for back (that can sync with front), heated front and second row seats, touch screen front console+gps+blue tooth. All for under 30k!! It was waaay less than other vans. 

Also - we for T boned on a freeway in CA going 60, car hit the sliding door on the side of my then 3 year old. Door was totaled - it hung off the hinge and I saw the sky as I stopped the car. My son? Not a scratch on him!!! From where he sits in the captain seat, it's like 2 feet to the door from his head. That alone will make us a forever van family!
  • Options
    We live in Texas so Ac vents in the back is a must! @tiki8286 that is so scary but so awesome:)) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My SIL keeps trying to talk me into the Oddessey. Hers is super nice but I am not the minivan type. We are test driving some pilots this weekend. I know there is an option for 2nd row bucket seats and that is what we are hoping for! 
  • Options
    We are looking at the Odyssey and Pacifica. I like that the second row seats in the Odyssey can move forward with the car seat installed and allow access to the 3rd row. Also kinda love the idea of the vacuum in the vechile. Goldfish are all over my car now! 
  • Options
    Just throwing in that if one has two narrow car seats (Diono or Clek) there is no true need for a third row. And adult and two seats fit many cars easily and most cars can fit the 3 narrow seats across the rear. 

Also, I take Uber all the time and use 3rd row SUV seating. Usually it's not bad at all to get in or out of the back. 
  • Options
    We are getting a van. I currently have a Nissan murano crossover which I love but we can't fit 3 car seats in it. (We bought it before we decided to have #3) 

For us the decision to get a van is space, obviously. But to get a suv with everything we want, it's expensive. We can get everything in a van for cheaper. (Bucket 2nd row, stow n go, sliding doors, dvd player) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really like our Chevy Traverse.  We will have 4 kids with the new baby.  There should still be plenty of room and it's pretty easy to walk between the bucket seats in the 2nd row to get to the 3rd row.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker