July 2017 Moms

PSA: Steals & Deals!

A place to post pregnancy and baby deals online and in-store!
TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.

Re: PSA: Steals & Deals!

• Zulily has Graco playards and car seats today, also Burt's Bee's belly butter which I swore by during last pregnancy!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @dancegurl1118 I was just on Zulilly this morning and almost got the burts bees. I already went though one tub of it but I started using an argan oil since I have it in the house. But I will second that the burts bees is a great lotion - I used it all over.
    They also have a PJ sale today. I am stocking up on new pajamas bc I can hardly get my pants past my hips. I didn't think I was widening out yet but apparently I am. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    edited January 2017
    Ugh I wish Zulily didn't charge so much to ship to Hawaii.

ETA: For those with young kids, Amazon has the Munchkin Click Lock Bite Proof Sippy Cup, Yellow/Blue, 9 Ounce, 2 Count for $3.50 today.  The price for the other colors is $11.05.
  • Target is having a huge baby sale! The deals I was looking at were online- not sure if they also apply to in store purchases. 
  • Babies-R-Us is having their trade in event! Ends fed.20th! Someone on here let me know, can't remember who but THANK YOU!!!! 
  • Target has tons of stuff on sale in store too! Graco is up to 25% off and I saw cribs were on sale. 
  • Amazon has the Skip Hop Duo Signature diaper bag for $25 for Prime members.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J4J243Y?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=05aa9cf4ee3811e6a9cacee8bda5fbd50INT

According to Camelizer, this is the cheapest it's ever been on Amazon.  Toys R Us had it for the same price today but sold out.

• A diaper deal on Amazon today for those with little kiddos already or want to stock up in advance.  A friend of mine loves Babyganics products.

https://slickdeals.net/f/9749948-prime-family-babyganics-ultra-absorbent-diapers-economy-packs-23-20-free-shipping

• Anyone have a HALO bassinet swivel sleeper and like it???? I'm thinking about getting one for baby number two, and I'm sure I will wish I had it for baby number one. LOL They are 199.99 but if it's handy, I'm willing to pay for it. 

I realize this isn't a steal or deal but thought it might fit?? Sorry! 
  • LoveLee85 said:
    Anyone have a HALO bassinet swivel sleeper and like it???? I'm thinking about getting one for baby number two, and I'm sure I will wish I had it for baby number one. LOL They are 199.99 but if it's handy, I'm willing to pay for it. 

I realize this isn't a steal or deal but thought it might fit?? Sorry! 
    @LoveLee85

Here are some reviews I found that may help you.

https://www.amazon.com/HALO-Bassinest-Swivel-Sleeper-Premiere/product-reviews/B00JXN54DI
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @LoveLee85 I have been wondering about that as well, supposed great for after CS, but my only concern is no canopy for over stimulation or filtering morning light. Guess I could get some curtains, but really like the ones with the cover thingies. Also, another plus about alot of bassinets besides the price difference is the fact that the covers are removable and can be thrown in the washer. Too many options!
  • LuLiLaEv said:
    If you're an Amazon Prime member go get your free registry box! 
    All you have to do is create a registry and complete the checklist. Once someone (or you) order $10 off your registry you can claim your box! (You can add anything to the registry so it doesn't have to necessarily be a baby item if you want to order something to get the box)

Mine came with a full size thing of wipes (Honest Co sensitive) Avent bottle, snuggle and teething toy, pampers coupons/trial diaper clutch, aquaphor and aveeno samples and the CUTEST hedgehog muslin swaddle blanket!
    "* Cannot be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or APO addresses"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.  Le sigh.
  • Ohhh! We are amazon prime members. Do they send a discount to complete the registry?? Also, I'm going to register but only for coupons or deals. I'm a second time mom and won't have a shower again. @SaphireSweetie88 thank you!! 
    edited February 2017
    @LoveLee85 Yes, Amazon has a 10% completion discount (up to 15% for Prime) on eligible items (generally things sold by Amazon, rather than third parties). 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000626061

And FYI, Target has a 15% completion discount.

• Rae1 said:
    Kohls is having a big baby sale. Carters 5 pack onesies are $13. Plus an extra 20% off baby through 2/20. Plus you can stack that with either another 30% off (cardholder) or 15% off (non cardholder). 
    I just paired that with some Kohl's Cash and a Yes2You reward!!  The 20% off baby also applies to maternity clothes!  Plus, if you use your Kohl's card, FEB4FREE is free shipping!  30% (LOVE30) and baby (BABYSALE20).  Just got a bunch of stuff!! <3 
  • Target has certain Moby wraps on clearance. I just ordered a Moby evolution wrap (the lighter bamboo/cotton version) for $36 with free shipping.  Regularly $50. 
  • Resurrecting this thread because the Fisher Price Snugapuppy Swing (recommended by by sister, who fosters babies, and says almost all babies she's had love this one) is on sale at Walmart and Target for $90 (regularly $160!). I just went to BRU last night and had them price match one for a friend who is due 10 weeks before us (wanted to get it there so it came off her registry). 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My local Walmarts are marking down baby stuff, might be worth a check if any of have local ones. I got an Avent bottle "gift set" for 14$. Normal price was 30$

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Rae1 said:
    Resurrecting this thread because the Fisher Price Snugapuppy Swing (recommended by by sister, who fosters babies, and says almost all babies she's had love this one) is on sale at Walmart and Target for $90 (regularly $160!). I just went to BRU last night and had them price match one for a friend who is due 10 weeks before us (wanted to get it there so it came off her registry). 
    Thanks! Never heard of this one so I'm going to check it out. How sweet of your friend! I hope to foster one day. 
  • @dancegurl1118 I have a Zulily problem. Work has been slow and I saved my CC on the site. Bad combo. Anyway, your post sent me back to the site to look. :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Zulily App has early access Petunia Pickle Bottom sale. Tomorrow is Burts Bee's Baby. 
    i don't see it! do you have a link?
  • It's only if you have the app, they do "early access" brands...I only downloaded the app because of that @Rae1
  • Thanks @dancegurl1118 !! This app on my phone may be a problem...
  • For Canadians (not sure if there's a US equivalent) you can get a free car seat canopy just by paying shipping costs:
    https://www.carseatcanopy.com
    Promo code: cover4babyca
  • For Canadians (not sure if there's a US equivalent) you can get a free car seat canopy just by paying shipping costs:
    i got mine last week (and one for a friend)
  • Rae1 said:
    For Canadians (not sure if there's a US equivalent) you can get a free car seat canopy just by paying shipping costs:
    i got mine last week (and one for a friend)
    Great, now I want the whole caboodle!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
    I don't want to be a debbie downer, but keep an eye on your credit card/bank statement after using it here. There are several offers like this floating around for car seat canopy, breastfeeding pillow, nursing cover, etc. and I've heard from several people that they suspect that was the source of some credit card fraud issues afterward.
  • @AdaByron thanks for the warning. Will do. Thankfully I used a prepaid credit card for the shipping so no one would be able to do much damage anyway. 
  • I haven't had a Citibank issued credit card in a while. But Citibank used to have this awesome feature called virtual account number for one-time online purchases. It gave you a temporary number that expired at the end of that month. That way, if your info is compromised, your real credit card number is safe and the damage is limited. 
    A lot of credit cards do this - and you can do it for one-time purchases. It's an extra step because you have to log in to the cc site and fill out the amount you want to pay (so it's a final step as you're checking out). They will generate a one-time-use number that works for that exact amount, and you plug it into the online shopping site, like a normal cc number.

I haven't bothered using it because fraud protection is so good these days...but I've had to replace my card 2-3 times, so I probably should! 
  • @virginiaunicorn11 Oh good to know.  I haven't seen it with my Chase card. 

The Citibank one wasn't so particular.  It was a number that you can use like any other cc number but with an expiration date for the end of that month so you didn't need to know the exact amount. You could generate a new one for each purchase that month or just reuse the same virtual cc number.

But either way, I agree it was a PITA.  I only bothered using it for questionable websites and ebay purchases.  I hated changing my card since that meant I had to update all of my automatic payments too.
    edited March 2017
    Amazon.com has a 10% off coupon for Burt's Bees Belly Butter.  It has great Amazon reviews for the most part, and Burt's Bees customer service seems to be monitoring the reviews lately and addressing complaints.  Free prime shipping.  Not subscribe & save eligible, unfortunately.

I haven't checked to see what other products the 10% off coupon works for.  However, I did notice that Amazon has a separate coupon for a lot of Burt's Bees baby products in the Subscribe and Save.

ETA:  BB Belly Butter is $12 before 10% coupon.
  • this thread led to me downloading zulily app and ordering some dresses... so... thanks guys?? Lol